Prospect Info: 2017-2018 Prospect Stats and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Max with another helper, 7 points in three total games this weekend.

He's up to 33-40-73 on the season. With three games in three nights next weekend all that is left on the schedule, I'd love to see him finish with 80 points and/or 40 goals.

Either way, looking like a great pick. As with Safin though, I want him back in the CHL next year to see if he can hit 100 points and challenge for the league scoring title.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Kirill Maksimov had an assist, 3 shots, lost his only faceoff, took a high-sticking call and was even, as the IceDogs shredded the tires of the Spitfires 3-2.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Mar. 11/18 – WSR (2) – NIAG (3) – Ontario Hockey League

Sudbury ate up the grandmothers of the Petes 4-0. Dylan Wells had the day off.

Tyler Benson had an assist, 8 shots, lost his only faceoff and was even, as the Americans imposed a size tariff on the Giants 4-3.
WHL Network
Ams vs Giants Highlights 3.11 – Tri-City Americans

Reactions: LaGu

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Max with another helper, 7 points in three total games this weekend.

He's up to 33-40-73 on the season. With three games in three nights next weekend all that is left on the schedule, I'd love to see him finish with 80 points and/or 40 goals.

Either way, looking like a great pick. As with Safin though, I want him back in the CHL next year to see if he can hit 100 points and challenge for the league scoring title.

Well, he isn't eligible for the AHL next year, so unless he is in the NHL (which he won't be), he'll be back in junior. I would expect at least a full year in the AHL after that as well to be honest.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Seems to have decent numbers for his age.

Yeah, not bad. Top 4 in points on his team, tied for first in goals as a sophomore on an above average team. Also second in PIM on the team so he may be a little abrasive as well. I've pretty much forgot about him as he looked like such a long shot at the draft, but his stock is at least heading the right way.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
That pick still hurts my brain.

Under 0.5 points-per-game in the BCHL in his D+1 year. Not slated to go to college for two more years.

Why draft someone who probably won't even go pro for six years?

Probably hopeful that he's as hard of a worker as his old man and that he'll show lots of improvement later. So far the pick looks very bad, but other times players whose parents are former NHLers seem to beat the odds so that may have been what they were thinking here.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Well, he isn't eligible for the AHL next year, so unless he is in the NHL (which he won't be), he'll be back in junior. I would expect at least a full year in the AHL after that as well to be honest.
Yeah I think hes atleast 2 - 3 years out if he ever makes it, he would add some grit to this team, or atleast be a shit disturber.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Probably hopeful that he's as hard of a worker as his old man and that he'll show lots of improvement later. So far the pick looks very bad, but other times players whose parents are former NHLers seem to beat the odds so that may have been what they were thinking here.

Out of all the picks from last year, his season has been the most disappointing.

At least the Oilers waited until later rounds to take chances.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Must say though (at the moment) it is kind of fun to follow our prospects. Don't know when I felt that last time.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
5 games tonight.

QMJHL

Saint John (Ostap Safin) at Halifax @ 4 PM
Listen at 96.1 CINB Saint John or watch on QMJHL Live

WHL

Prince Albert at Regina (Cameron Hebig) @ 7 PM
Listen at 620 CKRM Regina or watch on WHL Live

Saskatoon at Swift Current (Stuart Skinner) @ 7 PM
Listen at 94.1 CIMG Swift Current or watch on WHL Live

Vancouver (Tyler Benson) at Kamloops @ 8 PM
Listen at 1410 CFTE Vancouver or watch on WHL Live

Seattle (Kailer Yamamoto) at Spokane @ 8 PM
Listen at 1510 KGA Spokane or watch on WHL Live

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Actually just talked to a big Oiler fan here ( believe it or not, there are lots of Oiler fans here tonight with the gear on ), and he really likes Noah Dobson from Bathurst. I understand people out West don’t like the Quebec league, but they have been winning a fair share of Mem Cups recently. Our picks from the WHL have not exactly worked out. Maybe time to change it up

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
And like most things Oilers, I look forward to them just to be let down in a big way.

Maybe Saifin is just following in the footsteps then?

Halifax is a powerhouse so it is hard for him to stand out. Also, Saint John is eliminated so hard to get up for game.

They get better crowds here then Florida or Carolina

North

Jun 25, 2009

Halifax is a powerhouse so it is hard for him to stand out. Also, Saint John is eliminated so hard to get up for game.

With Safin, he's the best player on a bad team, so teams can focus on neutralizing him.

I'm hoping he gets traded to a better team next season.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Saint John has been the worst team in the Q since they traded Veleno. Can’t blame Safin for being disengaged.

If I ran the Oilers I’d be putting some gentle pressure on the SeaDogs to trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad