Prospect Info: 2017-2018 Prospect Stats and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Doubt Canada even medals this year. US, Russians and Swedes all look to have strong rosters, Fins dumped Rautakorpi so they might have a bounce back year.

I will say that I like that they've brought Ducharme back again, I think he's a solid coach who does a good job of getting teams ready for tournaments like this. It's unfortunate that HC can't provide him with a decent roster.

Reactions: Night Witch

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Joe Veleno has been traded from the Sea Dogs to the Voltigeurs according to multiple sources on Twitter.

Leaves Ostap Safin the undisputed best player on a pretty poor Sea Dogs squad. Hopefully he gets dealt too.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Kirill Maksimov had an ENG and an assist, 2 shots, served 2 for slashing and was +2, as the IceDogs dug holes under the Frontenacs 3-1.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Dec. 8/17 – NIAG (3) – KGN (1) – Ontario Hockey League

Dmitri Samorukov had no points, no shots, took a hooking minor and was even, as the Storm forced the Attack to surrender 6-3.
Dec. 8/17 – OS (3) – GUE (6) – Ontario Hockey League

Dylan Wells (OTL 13-10-2) made 27 saves as the Knights forced the Petes to call themselves knaves 4-3 in OT.
Dec. 8/17 – PBO (3) – LDN (4) – OT – Ontario Hockey League

Stuart Skinner (OTL 12-11-2) made 14 saves as the Oil Kings enacted a decree against the Hurricanes 6-5 in OT.
WHL Network
12-08-2017: Hurricanes (5) vs. Oil Kings (6) OT – Lethbridge Hurricanes

Tyler Benson had no points, 3 shots, lost all 3 faceoffs and was +1, as the Giants put the Winterhawks into a cage 1-0.
WHL Network
Highlights: Giants (1) at Winterhawks (0) – WHL Network

Kailer Yamamoto had no points, 2 shots, lost his only faceoff and was -2, as the Silvertips made the Chiefs clean the toilets 3-0.
WHL Network
Highlights: Chiefs (0) at Silvertips (3) – WHL Network

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
5 games tonight and a non-prospect game on TV.

QMJHL

Saint John (Ostap Safin) at Acadie-Bathurst @ 4 PM
Listen at 96.1 CINB Saint John or watch on QMJHL Live

OHL

Niagara (Kirill Maksimov) at Ottawa @ 5 PM
Listen at 610 CKTB St. Catherines or watch on OHL Live

Peterborough (Dylan Wells) at Sarnia @ 5 PM
Listen at 1460 CJOY Guelph or watch on OHL Live

WHL

Kootenay at Vancouver (Tyler Benson) @ 8 PM
Listen at 1410 CFTE Vancouver or watch on WHL Live

Seattle at Spokane (Kailer Yamamoto) @ 8 PM
Listen at 1510 KGA Spokane or watch on WHL Live

Non-prospect:

Erie at Barrie @ 1:30 PM
Watch on Sportsnet and Sportsnet1.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Joe Veleno has been traded from the Sea Dogs to the Voltigeurs according to multiple sources on Twitter.

Leaves Ostap Safin the undisputed best player on a pretty poor Sea Dogs squad. Hopefully he gets dealt too.

I don't think this can be officially announced until December 18th. The Q has a strange trade period over the holidays, as it starts around the third week of December and runs until around the first week of January, with no Christmas break. A few sites call this the third trading period. I'm not sure when the previous trade period ended.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Benson just keeps on rolling. 1G-1A 9SOG tonight. Primary assist on the OT winner, and up to 12G-16A-28P in 19GP. I won't be surprised if he pushes for a roster spot in training camp next year, or at the very least gets some NHL games as a call up.
And then Yamamoto with 1 point in a what 9-1 win?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
And then Yamamoto with 1 point in a what 9-1 win?
I'm not really worried about Kailer. I think he'll tear it up at the U20's and take that into the 2nd half of the season in the WHL. He showed me enough in his 9 game stint here for me to not really worry about his future. Benson was the question mark going into this year with his injury history so hopefully he finishes out this year healthy. I've never really doubted Benson's ability either, he's a phenomenal playmaker with awesome vision and very good hockey IQ.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'm not really worried about Kailer. I think he'll tear it up at the U20's and take that into the 2nd half of the season in the WHL. He showed me enough in his 9 game stint here for me to not really worry about his future. Benson was the question mark going into this year with his injury history so hopefully he finishes out this year healthy. I've never really doubted Benson's ability either, he's a phenomenal playmaker with awesome vision and very good hockey IQ.
I'm not to worried it's just odd how it keeps happening.

Very happy with Benson. He isn't a big guy but the kid f***ing works hard. Plays hard and has been a good leader. I could honestly see a Benson - McDavid - Pulju line in a few years being dominate

Reactions: McNuge

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm not to worried it's just odd how it keeps happening.

Very happy with Benson. He isn't a big guy but the kid ****ing works hard. Plays hard and has been a good leader. I could honestly see a Benson - McDavid - Pulju line in a few years being dominate
I've always enjoyed watching Benson. He's not the flashiest player because he's not an explosive skater, but he's strong on his skates, and he reads the play so well. I think of him as a playmaker first just because he has such great vision, but his shot definitely is underrated. I don't ever see him as a 30 goal guy at the NHL level, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up a 20 goal 40-50 point player in his prime if he can stay healthy.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Ostap Safin had a goal, 4 shots (2 considered dangerous), won his only faceoff, took a high sicking minor and was -1, as the Titan took a chainmail glove to the Sea Dogs 5-2.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Dec. 9/17 Sea Dogs 2 Titan 5 – QMJHL

Kirill Maksimov had no points, 5 shots and was even, as the IceDogs made the 67s look like a bunch of 50 year olds 3-0.
Dec. 9/17 – NIAG (3) – OTT (0) – Ontario Hockey League

Dylan Wells (L 13-11-2) stopped 48 of 50 shots and was named the second star, but the Sting made the Petes swell up 3-1.
Dec. 9/17 – PBO (1) – SAR (3) – Ontario Hockey League

Tyler Benson had a goal and an assist on the GWG, had 9 shots, won his only faceoff, was even and was named second star, as the Giants cracked the Ice 4-3 in OT.
WHL Network
Highlights: ICE (3) at Giants (4) — OT – WHL Network

Kailer Yamamoto had an assist, 2 shots, won 1 of 2 faceoffs and was+2, as the Chiefs carved up the Thunderbirds 9-2.
WHL Network
Highlights: Thunderbirds (2) at Chiefs (9) – WHL Network

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Ostap Safin had no points, 2 shots (neither considered dangerous) and was -1, as the Olympiques did the triple jump over the Sea Dogs 4-2.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Dec. 10/17 Olympiques 4 Sea Dogs 2 – QMJHL

Dmitri Samorukov had no points, a shot and was -3, as the Rangers Walkered all over the Storm 10-3.
Dec. 10/17 – KIT (10) – GUE (3) – Ontario Hockey League

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Looks like Dmitri Samorukov has officially been invited to Russia's U20 camp. Going into the season I didn't like his chances of making it honestly, being an 18 year old CHLer(Bragin seems to favor 19 year olds). But after watching him in the Super Series I think he's got a great chance to not only make the team but play in a top 4 role. His playing time seemed to go up every period of those two games as Bragin gained more trust in him.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Looks like Dmitri Samorukov has officially been invited to Russia's U20 camp. Going into the season I didn't like his chances of making it honestly, being an 18 year old CHLer(Bragin seems to favor 19 year olds). But after watching him in the Super Series I think he's got a great chance to not only make the team but play in a top 4 role. His playing time seemed to go up every period of those two games as Bragin gained more trust in him.

That's awesome, good for the kid that he's at least getting a camp invite.

It's probably unlikely, but it'd be nice to see Maksimov get invited too.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
That's awesome, good for the kid that he's at least getting a camp invite.

It's probably unlikely, but it'd be nice to see Maksimov get invited too.
Maksimov did not get an invite. He didn't even play for Russia at the Super Series so he wasn't on their radar at all for this year. If he keeps producing at the pace he is though he'll definitely get a long look next year.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Maksimov did not get an invite. He didn't even play for Russia at the Super Series so he wasn't on their radar at all for this year. If he keeps producing at the pace he is though he'll definitely get a long look next year.

OK, thanks. Too bad for him, but not a big surprise.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad