Prospect Info: 2017-2018 Prospect Stats and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Tyler Benson is putting up the kind of numbers we expected from Yamamoto - 23 points in his last 12 games, while Yams is ice cold.

Prospects, man. Linear development is just not a thing.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Tyler Benson is putting up the kind of numbers we expected from Yamamoto - 23 points in his last 12 games, while Yams is ice cold.

Prospects, man. Linear development is just not a thing.
Yep. Benson with 3 points tonight and Yamamoto with another pointless game.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Ostap Safin had the team's only goal, had 4 shots (2 considered dangerous), 3 hits, got 2 for high sticking, was +1 and was named 2nd star, as the Olympiques ran the Sea Dogs through the triple jump 2-1.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Dec. 1/17 Sea Dogs 1 Olympiques 2 – QMJHL

Dmitri Samorukov had an assist, a shot and was +2, as the Storm showered on the Otters 5-4.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Dec. 1/17 – ER (4) – GUE (5) – OT – Ontario Hockey League

Stuart Skinner (L 10-11-1) made 21 saves on 25 shots over 2 periods as the Wheat Kings were barely rustled by the Hurricanes 5-1.
WHL Network
12-01-2017: Hurricanes (1) vs. Wheat Kings (5) – Lethbridge Hurricanes

Tyler Benson had 2 goals and an assist, 3 shots, was called for roughing and slashing and was +3, as the Giants picked the Cougars up by the scruff of their necks 5-3.
WHL Network
Highlights: Giants (5) at Cougars (3) – WHL Network

Kailer Yamamoto had no points, 2 shots, was in the box for checking from behind and was -2, as the Rockets scared off the Chiefs 4-2.
WHL Network
Highlights: Rockets (4) at Chiefs (2) – WHL Network

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
6 prospect games and a non-prospect game on TV.

QMJHL

Saint John (Ostap Safin) at Drummondville @ 5 PM
Listen at 96.1 CINB Saint John or watch on QMJHL Live

OHL

Niagara (Kirill Maksimov) at Flint @ 5 PM
Listen at 610 CKTB St. Catherines or watch on OHL Live

Guelph (Dmitri Samorukov) at Owen Sound @ 5:30 PM
Listen at 1460 CJOY Guelph or watch on OHL Live

WHL

Victoria at Lethbridge (Stuart Skinner) @ 7 PM
Listen at 106.7 CJRX Lethbridge or watch on WHL Live

Vancouver (Tyler Benson) at Prince George @ 8 PM
Listen at 1410 CFTE Vancouver or watch on WHL Live

Spokane (Kailer Yamamoto) at Tri-City @ 8 PM
Listen at 1510 KGA Spokane or watch on WHL Live

Non-prospect

Barrie at Ottawa @ 1:30 PM
Watch on Sportsnet and Sportsnet1

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Right? It's almost like people don't get that prospect development is not linear.

I think Yamamoto is going to be fine.
No one is saying he won't be. Still disappointing to see him not playing so well and on their third line.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Definitely liking some of our picks out of this last draft. Despite Yamamoto's struggles I'm not worried and think he'll be a great pick for a late first rounder.

Really happy with the Safin and Maksimov picks. Both highly skilled guys and both currently leading their QMJHL and OHL teams in scoring. Not sold on Samorukov's offensive upside, but I do like his combination of mobility, physicality and size, and puck moving. Seems like a guy who could be a really solid transition D someday.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Ostp Safin had a goal, 2 shots (both considered dangerous), 4 hits, took an elbowing minor and was even, as the Voltigeurs bayoneted the Sea Dogs 7-2.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Dec. 2/17 Sea Dogs 2 Voltigeurs 7 – QMJHL

Kirill Maksimov had no points, 2 shots, lost his only faceoff, got called for slashing and holding and was +1, as the IceDogs put out the Furebirds 6-4.
Dec. 2/17 – NIAG (6) – FLNT (4) – Ontario Hockey League

Dmitri Samorukov had a goal and an assist, 3 shots and was even, as the Storm made the Attack retreat 6-5 in a shootout.
Dec. 2/17 – GUE (6) – OS (5) – SO – Ontario Hockey League

Stuart Skinner (W 11-11-1) made 30 saves as the Hurricanes blew the crowns off the Royals 4-1.
WHL Network
12-02-2017: Hurricanes (4) vs. Royals (1) – Lethbridge Hurricanes

Tyler Benson had no points, 2 shots, lost his only faceoff and was -1, as the Cougars sunk their teeth into the ankles of the Giants 6-2.
WHL Network
Recap: Cougars (6) Giants (2) – Prince George Cougars

Kailer Yamamoto had 2 assists, 2 shots, won 2 of 6 faceoffs and was +1, as the Chiefs subjugated the Americans 4-3 in OT.
WHL Network
Ams vs Chiefs 12/2 Highlights – Tri-City Americans

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Ostap Safin had no points, 6 shots (2 considered dangerous), 3 hits, missed on his shootout attempt and was -2, as the Sea Dogs stormed the Remparts 3-2 in a shootout.
Dec. 3/17 Sea Dogs 3 Remparts 2 SO – QMJHL

Kirill Maksimov had the team's only goal, had 5 shots and was -2, as the Spirit rah-rah'd over the IceDogs 3-1.
Dec. 3/17 – NIAG (1) – SAG (3) – Ontario Hockey League

The Hurricanes ruptured the refinery tanks of the Oil Kings 7-2. Stuart Skinner had the day off.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I try to make make things a little off-beat. It's a lot better than saying beat, won, lost, etc., over and over again. It does take a little bit of thinking when a team's nickname is one-dimensional, like "Petes".
When they lose you could say they Petered out.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

4-1-2 with a 1.68 GAA and .924 sv% in November. His season totals are now 7-1-2, 2.27 GAA, and .930 sv%.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Phil Kemp and Kailer Yamamoto named to the 28 man camp roster for USA U20's.

Nice to see Kemp make their camp roster, should I be surprised by this? I honestly haven't paid much attention to him.

Yamamoto isn't a surprise, but if we're being honest it's based more on what he's done in the past instead of what he's done this year. Hopefully he repays Team USA's faith in him.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Nice to see Kemp make their camp roster, should I be surprised by this? I honestly haven't paid much attention to him.

Yamamoto isn't a surprise, but if we're being honest it's based more on what he's done in the past instead of what he's done this year. Hopefully he repays Team USA's faith in him.
Eh Yamamoto had some good games at the NHL level, but just couldn't manage to bury any of his chances. He's earned it because he deserves to be there and a 10 game sample from junior doesn't change that.

Kemp I'm not surprised got an invite. He's had some good reviews from NCAA this year and was on the U18 team last year. Not sure if he'll make it, but he's certainly looking like much more of a quality prospect than I originally thought when we selected him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad