2017-2018 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
EDM undoing the rebuild.

McDavid better be able to win by himself.

If the CAD slips, we are gonna see some panic take place.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Doan completely deserves a spot with the Coyotes in their front office. It sucks to see him not even earn a tryout contract with another team and end his career, but I can understand that he probably wouldn't accept that at this point. I can't think of another player since I started watching hockey 21 years ago that has had more dedication to one organization and especially one such as the Coyotes with their long-time stability issues.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Doan completely deserves a spot with the Coyotes in their front office. It sucks to see him not even earn a tryout contract with another team and end his career, but I can understand that he probably wouldn't accept that at this point. I can't think of another player since I started watching hockey 21 years ago that has had more dedication to one organization and especially one such as the Coyotes with their long-time stability issues.

He was pretty abysmal last year. He was done. Good career, but good time to call it quits.

jol

Jan 31, 2003
Miami Beach, Florida
Visit site
Toronto's arena, Air Canada Centre, will get a new name next year. New sponsor will be Scotiabank. Bank will pay $40 million (!!!) per year for naming rights (crazy!!!):

"The bank has agreed to a 20-year deal worth approximately $800-million, according to sources, that will see the home of the Maple Leafs and Raptors renamed Scotiabank Arena starting next July 1.
It is believed to be the largest sponsorship of its kind in North America and represents an astronomical increase on the $30-million Air Canada paid for the original naming rights when the building opened in 1999."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/?sn-article=air-canada-centre-changing-name-scotiabank-arena-next-summer

JOL

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
[VAN] Canucks sign Thomas Vanek (1 year, $2M). i guess too rich for the cats.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I think Booth is just looking for an AHL contract so he can stay in shape for the Olympics, same as Ryan Malone who came out of retirement and signed with Minny for the same reason.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
NEW RULE ALERT! I kind of like it, it has a risk/reward factor now.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1352604

If a coach is wrong in challenging an offside goal call then the team will receive a 2 min penalty. Hopefully Boughner has some hawk eyes to go along with that beauty beak of his.

Also, no calling a timeout after icing the puck, thank goodness that wasn't in place 4-5 years ago.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Duchene missed captain's practice a couple days ago. Is it possible he doesn't show to training camp?

Sakic has completely lost control of him as an asset. They aren't going to get a return worth a damn. Just move on. I would be upset at this point if I were an Avs fan; unless Duchene comes in, has a bounce back, and the Avs aren't in the bottom 5 and is somewhat competitive. Either Sakic is lookin' pretty bad.

Edit. Rumor is he was at a wedding

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Chalk up Pastrnak as another player that gets paid higher than Barkov....AAV anyways..

I am sure after taxes Barky comes ahead.

Devil's AAV :laugh:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad