2017-2018 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Gophers get swept by thee Ohio St. Fans asking for tDons head. I highly doubt the U would can tDon before season is over. Besides there’s plenty of time to right the ship.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Gophers get swept by thee Ohio St. Fans asking for tDons head. I highly doubt the U would can tDon before season is over. Besides there’s plenty of time to right the ship.

ND has a 15 point lead. IMO they already have the B1G wrapped up barring a major collapse.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

He should have never been reupped anyways. For a program that can boast it is in the "big boy club" with the B1G, and they keep bragging they are getting the top recruits and Mr. Hockey's of the state, they are playing absolutely terrible over the last couple years IMO. Anything less than NCG when you have that weak ass B10 schedule is unacceptable.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
He should have never been reupped anyways. For a program that can boast it is in the "big boy club" with the B1G, and they keep bragging they are getting the top recruits and Mr. Hockey's of the state, they are playing absolutely terrible over the last couple years IMO. Anything less than NCG when you have that weak ass B10 schedule is unacceptable.
Oh I agree. Seems to me he has lost his passion for the game.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’d love for you to explain a few things:
-how the big ten schedule is weak (lowest team is 27th in PWR, 4/7 teams in top 16)
-what the big ten schedule has to do with getting to a NCAA championship game

This isn’t years past. The big ten is right up there with the NCHC as the two best conferences in college hockey.

Reactions: gphr513

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
tDon deserves to finish the season. But it's time for a new voice in the locker room.

There are a lot of names being thrown around. I think Motzko would be on my shortlist, but I'd like to have them do a full scale search, just to see all the options.

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
I’d love for you to explain a few things:
-how the big ten schedule is weak (lowest team is 27th in PWR, 4/7 teams in top 16)
-what the big ten schedule has to do with getting to a NCAA championship game

This isn’t years past. The big ten is right up there with the NCHC as the two best conferences in college hockey.

They might be the 2nd best, but they are light years behind the NCHC!

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Maybe, but he would at least take the call and listen to the pitch.
Of course...but he won't leave. SCSU is his alma mater and he's built this program. He's been here longer than any other stop he's had before by a large margin.
Other than history...there is no reason to go. At the moment...we are the better team and he's built that.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Of course...but he won't leave. SCSU is his alma mater and he's built this program. He's been here longer than any other stop he's had before by a large margin.
Other than history...there is no reason to go. At the moment...we are the better team and he's built that.
SCSU is definitely the better team right now, now imagine what he could do with more resources and advantages at Minnesota.

I don't think it's asinine at all to think that he would come to Minnesota.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I would guess the U(alumni) will want an M guy. I would say Bell or Potulmy,
Speaking as a Minnesota alum, I hate that attitude. Get me the best hockey coach. I don't care if he's from Canada or Lichtenstein. And we should absolutely not just hand over the keys to one of the best jobs in the country to Potulny just because he's an M man.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
The people who made the decision on the assistant coach didn't
See, I like having an assistant be a Minnesota alum. Like Potulny was. They can provide the heart and soul, "play for the M" aspect. By all accounts I've seen, Bell has had a positive influence on recruiting. So the jury is out on him, for me.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
See, I like having an assistant be a Minnesota alum. Like Potulny was. They can provide the heart and soul, "play for the M" aspect. By all accounts I've seen, Bell has had a positive influence on recruiting. So the jury is out on him, for me.
Not sure how anyone could be ok with the alumni deciding who the head coach should hire for his assistants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad