2017-2018 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
SCSU is definitely the better team right now, now imagine what he could do with more resources and advantages at Minnesota.

I don't think it's asinine at all to think that he would come to Minnesota.

I do only because i don't believe he would care about the advantages a d resources of MN. Think of the jobs that have come open recently....UW, MI, UND, CC, BU, MSU, OSU, DU.
All seemingly "better" with more resources...and he never interviewed for any of them. Yes he was an assistant...for 4 seasons...13 years ago. That to me is not a big enough connection to pull him from what he has built at his alma mater...especially not in his late 50's.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Motzko was never on UW’s radar and seeing who they ended up with I’m glad he wasn’t. Just wish Don Granato, the offensive mind of G2O, would have stayed longer. Hard to pass up your dream job though.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Enrico Blasi is a name that has really cooled down lately. 4-5 years ago he was linked with a bunch of big jobs, but it seems the move to NCHC has not been kind to Miami.

I would like to see some young coach come in to inject some life into the program. My ideal coaching candidate would be one who is willing to put at least a decade into the program, which makes guys like Hastings and Motzko a little less ideal, for me. tDon was about 40 when we hired him.

Just taking a look around the country, I like what Nate Leaman has done with Providence, he's 45. Took them as a team who hadn't been in the Tourney since the mid-90s and won a National Championship, then won Hockey East the next year. The thing I don't really know about hockey coaching is how easily these guys can work with other assistant coaches, because I think it would be important to have assistants from Minnesota who understand the hockey landscape here, for recruiting, etc.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Randklev apparently will make his college choice tomorrow. UND, SCSU, MN are the candidates.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Series sweep of #2 Adrian. Had a blast at the games. Domination tonight along with an NHL style no helmets/gloves off fight near the end!

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Hard to figure out UND. Absolutely lay an egg Friday night against Omaha losing 4-1 then comeback Saturday and look like title contenders winning 7-0. It’s uncanny. Meanwhile SCSU proved why they are number one by manhandling the Gophers 5-2 in St Cloud last night. Rematch at the Mooch tonight.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Didn't know you could challenge too many men. Oh well....we were WAY too cute tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->