2017-2018 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I'd give you the 1st one if you weren't handed a 5x3 and a goal seconds later. The 2nd one should've been a goaltender interference call if anything. To wine about that one is incredibly ignorant.
Nope. Should've been two goals for Wisconsin on both plays. Maybe don't take stupid penalties and the 5-on-3 wouldn't have existed. I think the 5-on-3 penalty you are referring to is the one where the badger kinda just fell into the boards. That didn't result in a goal but rather a penalty x seconds later because Hughes decided to give the gopher giving him chops in the back his own couple chops in the back. Crazy double standards though as Hughes got the only penalty. Oh and then there was the huge boarding hit on Kalynuk that wasn't called at all. Extremely lucky he didn't get seriously injured.

(Mod)

Last edited by a moderator:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I didn't see what led to the Hughes penalty, but I can't imagine it was as severe. Hughes took like 3 pretty healthy two handed crosschecks to the Gopher player's back. It was dumb and selfish of him, as a team captain. Hurt them on the scoreboard.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
[mod]

I didn't see what led to the Hughes penalty, but I can't imagine it was as severe. Hughes took like 3 pretty healthy two handed crosschecks to the Gopher player's back. It was dumb and selfish of him, as a team captain. Hurt them on the scoreboard.
They showed the replay where he gets two good crosschecks in the back and he swings himself around the defender and does the exact same thing back. Sure it was dumb on Hughes' part but it's annoying when one player gets away with the same thing another player does not get away with, especially considering neither had the puck. I'm a firm believer of call it both ways or don't call it at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
They showed the replay where he gets two good crosschecks in the back and he swings himself around the defender and does the exact same thing back. Sure it was dumb on Hughes' part but it's annoying when one player gets away with the same thing another player does not get away with, especially considering neither had the puck. I'm a firm believer of call it both ways or don't call it at all.

You learn how retaliation penalties get called in squirts and defenders usually get a bit more leeway in net front situations (think of all the abuse Parise takes). Not a smart move by your guy.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You learn how retaliation penalties get called in squirts and defenders usually get a bit more leeway in net front situations (think of all the abuse Parise takes). Not a smart move by your guy.
I believe it was Kalynuk whom was called for cross checking a forward in front of his net during the first period. Call it both ways or don't call it at all. You can't have double standards as referees.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I believe it was Kalynuk whom was called for cross checking a forward in front of his net during the first period. Call it both ways or don't call it at all. You can't have double standards as referees.

History has shown that you can.

And I'm sure that there were dozens of other cross checks throughout the game that weren't called on both teams. There's going to be extra scrutiny on a 5v3; just how it is.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
History has shown that you can.

And I'm sure that there were dozens of other cross checks throughout the game that weren't called on both teams. There's going to be extra scrutiny on a 5v3; just how it is.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
First the one announcer calls Peter Tischke as Tyler Tischke. Then Clymer calls Trent Frederic as Kyle Frederic. What gives? Do they honestly suck that bad at their job?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Alright, just tuning in. Only gotten to see a few minutes here and there of the Gophs so far this year. Good luck Badger fans (against Ohio State, not here).

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Wow, I was on the end we were attacking in the 3rd. No idea how we didn't score. At least 3 golden opportunities, and then the whole mad scramble in the last minute.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Would start giving Berry more starts. It's not like Hayton has earned them. Pretty disappointing for a Richter Award Semifinalist, ECAC Goalie of the Year and Second Team All-American.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
It will be nice when Robson is eligible to play soon. Some competition for Schierhorn will be a good thing.

It's been quite a while since the Gophers have had a true split at goalie. tDon usually finds his favorite and rides him all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad