2017-2018 Minnesota Wild General Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
any idea why sokolov & kunin are not on that list? ps I didn't know bartley was still alive.

As others have said, ATO with Iowa, no active NHL contracts for them... but they are both hanging around to take things in etc. Good learning experience for them both none the less.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
What a deeply disappointing team this is! Not a bad team, but one who finds a way to be mediocre when it counts most. Just a total team failure. There is a lack of urgency and "want to" on this team. After such a good season, to not peak towards and excel in the playoffs is unacceptable.

What a bunch of ineffectual losers.

I think I might be done with them unless some profound changes are made.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I'm at a loss right now. Not because I thought they'd come back. But. Idk. It was like their heart was gone. They saw success in the reg season and figured this was a coast. I know that's not it. But man. This was just plain bad

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I'm at a loss right now. Not because I thought they'd come back. But. Idk. It was like their heart was gone. They saw success in the reg season and figured this was a coast. I know that's not it. But man. This was just plain bad

I mean, can't blame the series on lack of effort...

Teddy10Beers

Dec 31, 2011
Minnesota

C'mon man. Feels like Bruce is starting show some cracks. You just can't say that after losing a series 4-1.

Not a big deal though. He's just letting the frustration get to him. I loved watching the Wild play this year and ... wait for it ... score a bunch of goals. That's not something that has happened much in the past several years. Too bad we chose to have our annual slump in March.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

C'mon man. Feels like Bruce is starting show some cracks. You just can't say that after losing a series 4-1.

Not a big deal though. He's just letting the frustration get to him. I loved watching the Wild play this year and ... wait for it ... score a bunch of goals. That's not something that has happened much in the past several years. Too bad we chose to have our annual slump in March.

I mostly agree with him... if you count the skating performance.

Once you include goaltending... then Allen obviously committed highway robbery, thus making them the better team per results.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010

Why shouldn't Bruce say it like it is? Everyone who knows about hockey could see that Wild was the better team. The better team doesn't always win a game or a series. Anything else is just mambo-jambo("the better team always wins").

Teddy10Beers

Dec 31, 2011
Minnesota
I mostly agree with him... if you count the skating performance.

Once you include goaltending... then Allen obviously committed highway robbery, thus making them the better team per results.

I completely agree with him but still wish he had kept that to himself and not blabbed it to the media. It just comes across bad. Nobody likes a sore loser.

Allen ended the series with a .956 save % but there are limits on how far one can take that. We had a lot of prime scoring chances where we either missed the net or gave Allen an opportunity for a relatively easy save. I am looking forward to how the Preds fare against Allen. If the Preds put a nice sized dent in that save percentage then it diminishes the 'hot goalie' argument to explain away our 4-1 performance.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I completely agree with him but still wish he had kept that to himself and not blabbed it to the media. It just comes across bad. Nobody likes a sore loser.

Allen ended the series with a .956 save % but there are limits on how far one can take that. We had a lot of prime scoring chances where we either missed the net or gave Allen an opportunity for a relatively easy save. I am looking forward to how the Preds fare against Allen. If the Preds put a nice sized dent in that save percentage then it diminishes the 'hot goalie' argument to explain away our 4-1 performance.

I kind of agree with you, but I see both sides. He's clearly right, but I'm not sure that's something he should be saying publicly.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

The great thing about Bruce is he's always unfiltered. He tells it like it is.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010

Why? Are we so ****ing PC in this world that people can't speak their minds? The Blues did not deserve that series and it's insanely ****ing frustrating. I'm just as pissed as BB about this. 5 months of just waiting for hockey to start again because for all intents and purposes, to me, hockey is over this year. I couldn't give a **** less what happens to any other team.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Bruce has won 5 series in the playoffs if I remember correctly.
Five!
With the teams he has coached, and the records his teams have had, there is something wrong when his playoff record is what it is....

When you lose 4-1 to tough to say you're the better team.
After watching the Ducks go flat in the playoffs in crunch time,
The Caps, and now this year, it's a head scratcher

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
As a Ducks fan, I really feel for you guys. I really like BB and always enjoyed the energy and scoring he brought. But he also brought a lot if heartache, especially losing to Chicago in the WCF in 2015.

I think the one issue with Bruce is not a failure to get shots on goal, but getting the match ups to stop the opposing team from scoring. We always got a lot of shots, but we always seemed to be out of position to defend at crucial times and ended up giving up a GWG.

I really hope he can get over the hump with you guys. Bruce is a class act and deserves better. Hope things go better next year.

John

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Why? Are we so ****ing PC in this world that people can't speak their minds? The Blues did not deserve that series and it's insanely ****ing frustrating. I'm just as pissed as BB about this. 5 months of just waiting for hockey to start again because for all intents and purposes, to me, hockey is over this year. I couldn't give a **** less what happens to any other team.

:thumbu:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Russo was on Sermons this morning. Pretty much said exactly what I think many of us were thinking this whole time: Team is too small. Blues defense killed them and pushed them out of the prime scoring chances and the Wild were relying too heavily on one shot goals instead of rebounds.

Also made mention that Granlund is probably too small to retain for more than a couple years if he's going to be a complete non factor against those types of teams.

Another key point that many on here were bringing up before the playoffs even started was Fletcher/Bruce making all the changes in Feb to see what they needed to get at the deadline appeared to take them off their mojo. They couldn't find chemistry and also believed that they hindered their speed/passing when Bruce was putting the bigger less skilled players in the game.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I wasn't thinking they were too small at all. I was thinking we never took advantage of the speed we possess.

Why I said "think many were thinking" and not ALL of us were thinking :)

Speed would have worked and showed it worked in G4 and a little in G5. The issue was they didn't have the speedier players out there. He was keeping physical bodies (especially on the 4th line) because Reaves was dry humping Granlund all game and no one outside of Coyle and Parise were getting around their Dmen.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
How are we too small? Stall, Koivu, Hanzel, Nino, Coyle, Stewart, thats half of our forwards!!

NonsenseElimination

Jan 1, 2016
Yeah, this team was built to be a speed team and it was working quite effectively. But then some moron decides to get slow guys like Hanzel and White and get away from the speed that the team would have had with Schroeder or JEE in there instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad