2017-2018 Minnesota Wild General Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Against the Hawks, Doob would have to be god-like, because Crawford is always god-like against the Wild. In the second series against them, I thought the WIld controlled the play most of hte series and then found a way to lose (Crawford). After sweeping them next regular season, we all had high hopes, then got swept in playoffs (if i'm remembering this all correctly)

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Against the Hawks, Doob would have to be god-like, because Crawford is always god-like against the Wild. In the second series against them, I thought the WIld controlled the play most of hte series and then found a way to lose (Crawford). After sweeping them next regular season, we all had high hopes, then got swept in playoffs (if i'm remembering this all correctly)

IIRC, the Wild had pwn3d the Hawks for like a year or so but that was stopped by our slump this year. Since we didn't see them in the playoffs last year we didn't get to see if there was any carry-over from the season.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I think Dub will play at an acceptable level, getting some wins will help build the confidence. I personally don't put as much into the experience factor. Nobody has experience until they do.

He has melted in two playoffs. I don't share your confidence.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
He has melted in two playoffs. I don't share your confidence.

He had a good series vs STL two years ago, then the Hawks (well Kane and Crawford really) killed the Wild.

Last year he had a broken finger on his stick hand, and was dealing with shingles. In 3 of the losses the Wild scored 0, 1, and 2 goals respectively. I still think the weird kicked behind the net goal killed the team.

I'm not sure how he'll play this year. He still seems deeper in the crease than where he was when he was hot earlier this year. He almost needs to be in a shooting gallery (and play well) type of game to get back into a groove. Dub also seems to be guessing more than reading the puck lately.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Not only did we finish with a new record in terms of wins and points, but we also finished #2 in goals scored right behind the Penguins. That's huge!

That damn trap!

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Not only did we finish with a new record in terms of wins and points, but we also finished #2 in goals scored right behind the Penguins. That's huge!

That damn trap!

And if it weren't for that abysmal March, we may well have been #1. Alas. Still, good harbinger for the future :nod:

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Have I destroyed your team so far in HF Avs mock GM game?

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=130022563&postcount=26

On the plus side you put a lot of effort and thought into it. On the negative side I'm not a fan of the Voracek trade if they have to give up Kunin. Too big a price to pay to get a "star" when Granlund might have turned into the star they've been desperate for. Also, not a fan of protecting Scandella over Spurgeon.

But hey, not bad for an Av's fan!!

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
season recap GF was 266 which was terrific. who knew staal would make such a huge diff. our goaltending was great the first 2/3 then well the opposite. while 208GA isnt bad we need to shave a few off that # next year.

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
season recap GF was 266 which was terrific. who knew staal would make such a huge diff. our goaltending was great the first 2/3 then well the opposite. while 208GA isnt bad we need to shave a few off that # next year.

We let in the 7th least goals this season.

Only the Capitals, Wild, Oilers and Blue Jackets finished top 10 in both goals for and goals against, and only Washington finished top 5 in both.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
at the beginning of the season i thought we had a top 5 defense so im a little disappointed we came in 7th for GA. maybe splitting hairs but i think our D can do better.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
at the beginning of the season i thought we had a top 5 defense so im a little disappointed we came in 7th for GA. maybe splitting hairs but i think our D can do better.

I think they would have been top 5 GA if it wasn't for Dubnyk playing March with his eyes closed.
I dont mind where the team is at, seems like everyone is overlooking them.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Three full seasons into his NHL career, 25-year-old Finn Mikael Granlund still hadn’t produced more than 13 goals or 44 points in a season.

Yet he drew optimism and a chuckle out of Fletcher when the two discussed moving Granlund from center to wing for good.

“God, it’s easy,” Granlund said to Fletcher about the new position. “You don’t have to play defense.”

When Wild coach Bruce Boudreau was hired last summer, he said he knew “nothing” about Granlund.

But as the Wild enter their playoff series against their former coach Mike Yeo and the Blues, Granlund is the best offensive player on the team’s best line.

“I can’t talk for anyone else, but my perception of watching him … once I had the job was that this guy is going to be a good player,” Boudreau said. “And he is a good player. We’re happy to have him.”

Wild’s Mikael Granlund surging into playoffs after career year at wing

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
“God, it’s easy,” Granlund said to Fletcher about the new position. “You don’t have to play defense.”

"And here's the fun part... It's easy..."

tim-and-eric-will.png

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Wild finished first in the league in xGA (expected goals against) and SCA/60 (Scoring chances against).

Our D did everything we wanted them to.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Graovac...wonder if he'll ever be a NHL regular? Folin has certainly lost some money with his play in the last half of this year. We should be able to re-sign him for under 1M/yr. should we wish.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
any idea why sokolov & kunin are not on that list? ps I didn't know bartley was still alive.

Because they're not currently under a contract that allows them to be.

Both were on AHL Amatuer Try Out contracts. Kunin's NHL deal doesn't officially start until July 1st. Sokolov hasn't signed his ELC yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad