2017-2018 Line Combos

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
I will start with this...Nelson can not be our 2C Only way he may succeed is if he plays with beau and JHS and feeds off their energy...this guy needs a constant kick in the ass. I also believe Kulemin gets bought out. BUT I will make line with players we have now...

Lee - Tavares - Eberle (Little bit of everything)
Ladd - Barzal - Nelson (playmaker and 2 shooters)
Ho-Sang - beauvillier - Bailey (Solid defensively and will contribute offensively)
Chimera - Cizikas - Clutterbuck (2 speedy defensively responsible players with good shots centered by a creative player)

Leddy - Boychuk
De Haan - Pulock
Seidenberg - Pelech

Hickey
Mayfield
Towes

Halak 60%
Greiss 40%

Far from Ideal we need a 2C... So Barzal can play 3rd line. No room for Kulemin unless we ship out 2 guys in exchange for 1 coming back.

Last edited:

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I think Barzel makes the team especially if they don't get another center. I don't like chimera in the top 9 unless injury. I think Eberle starts with Tavares.

27-91-7
16-13-12
29-72-66
25-53-15

Quine minors

I say Isle roll 3 lines equally and keep Ladd-Beau-JHS together as they seemed to click well together the few times they played as a unit. I will try Ebs on top line 1st and if he can't fit there after 10 games, I will try to move Nelson up to 1st line and then move Baily to 2nd line C. If I remember correctly, did not Baily played top C when JT got injured 3 years ago and he did well there. Baily is a good passer and maybe he can set up his 2 wingers? Maybe if he works hard on the face-off he can play that role? This is assuming if Barzal start in the AHL and no top 6 traded to Isles in the off season.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Assuming they acquire Duchene for futures (cause I think they will)

Lee-Tavares-Bailey
Nelson-Duchene-Eberle
Ladd-Barzal-Ho-Sang
Beauvillier-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
Kulemin, Chimera, Quine, Prince

Leddy-Boychuk
de Haan-Pulock
Hickey-Pelech
Mayfield, Seidenberg

Greiss, Halak

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Lee - JT - Eberle
Ladd - Barzal - Ho Sang
Nelson - Beauvillier - Bailey
Chimera - CC - CC

If we need to have a more veteran Center just for the sake of not having two 20 year olds in the middle, we can switch Nelson and Tito as necessary.

like the lineup. not sure what others are seeing , but Brock Nelson is not a NHL center at all. He just does not have the hockey IQ and that's not a knock on him. Just get open and shoot Brock, keep it simple and maybe if you have the onions go to the net too.

anyway, I like this line up. 2nd line could be deadly

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Bailey is better defensively than Eberle.

Imo, putting JB with Nelson (hopefully Duchene) and Ladd creates a line than can play much tougher minutes and still be decent offensively.

Doing this would create a lot of freedom for Lee-JT and Ebs to do their damage and allow them to take advantage of as many favourable matchups & zone starts as possible.

Well that's how I would plan it anyway. Just another .02

Honestly it's not a bad thought either. I guess we'll have to see how camp plays out. Nothing going on this time around so hopefully we'll actually have some time to tinker and see if there is any immediate chemistry. If JB ends up being pushed back to the second I won't be particularly upset. I just think that by keeping JB on the first line we are maximizing his output.

Eberle may even thrive getting lesser matchups himself, who knows. It's nice to have some scoring depth and mixing and matching options this time around, that's for sure.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
If there are no other roster additions (and this better not be the case), this is definitely the lineup I open the season with:
Lee- Tavares - Eberle
Ladd- Nelson - Ho Sang
Chimera -Beauvillier - Bailey
Kulemin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

Leddy - Boychuk
De Haan - Seidenberg
Pulock - Pelech/Hickey

Halak
Greiss

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
If nothing changes, this is what I would like to see

Lee JT Eberle
Nelson Barzal Ho Sang
Ladd Tito Bailey
Chimera/Kuli CC Clutterbuck

Prince, Quine

Leddy Pulock
Dehann Boychuck
seidenberg Pelech

Hickey, Mayfield

Halak
Greiss

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
If nothing changes, this is what I would like to see

Lee JT Eberle
Nelson Barzal Ho Sang
Ladd Tito Bailey
Chimera/Kuli CC Clutterbuck

Prince, Quine

Leddy Pulock
Dehann Boychuck
seidenberg Pelech

Hickey, Mayfield

Halak
Greiss
Not sure about Barzal and Ho-Sang on the same line. Both brings the same type of game (both likes to carry and control the puck). I'd probably keep Beauvillier with Ho-Sang.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
If Isles don't add the 2C we all want them to, I thinK Barzal will be our 2C entering the season.

With that, I do see Garth making a sure-fire effort to bring in another top 6 upgrade, most likely in the form of C. IF the seaosn started today:

Lee-Tavares-Eberle
Nelson-Barzal-Ho-Sang
Ladd-Beavuillier-Bailey
Chimera-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
Kulemin

Leddy-Boychuk
De Haan-Pulock
Seidenberg-Pelech
Hickey

Greiss
Halak

If Barzal doesn't make team:

Lee-Tavares-Eberle
Ladd-Nelson-Ho-Sang
Chimera-Beauvillier0Bailey
Kulemin-Cizikas-Cluytterbuck
Quine

Same Defense, Goaltending

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Also worth noting... A lot have soured on Brock Nelson, but if Cappy is as bad as most of us think, he negatively impacted Nelson's game as well by trying to make him into a player that aligns with Cappy's system, not a player that is put in a position to best use his skills and assets.

Nelson was 11-11-22 in in his final 36 games. Nothing earth shattering, but would have been a 25-25-50 player if he put that together all season. Although his inconsistency is frustrating and his ability to appear lacking in effort were both very frustrating, I think Cappy forced players to play games they were not comfortable with. He still may never be the player he could be, but I think there is a chance we could see the 25+ goal scorer again and a more consistent game under Weight.

We will see, but if that happens, I'd feel comfortable giving him another shot at center.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I will start with this...Nelson can not be our 2C Only way he may succeed is if he plays with beau and JHS and feeds off their energy...this guy needs a constant kick in the ass. I also believe Kulemin gets bought out. BUT I will make line with players we have now...

Beauviller - Cizikas - Bailey (Solid defensively and will contribute offensively)
Chimera - Quine - Clutterbuck (2 speedy defensively responsible players with good shots centered by a creative player)

Leddy - Boychuk
De Haan - Pulock
Seidenberg - Pelech

Hickey
Mayfield
Towes

Halak 60%
Greiss 40%

Far from Ideal we need a 2C... So Barzal can play 3rd line.

Quine having a regular spot on this team makes me want to vomit. Beauvillier is already a better center than he is. Get him out of here.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Also worth noting... A lot have soured on Brock Nelson, but if Cappy is as bad as most of us think, he negatively impacted Nelson's game as well by trying to make him into a player that aligns with Cappy's system, not a player that is put in a position to best use his skills and assets.

Nelson was 11-11-22 in in his final 36 games. Nothing earth shattering, but would have been a 25-25-50 player if he put that together all season. Although his inconsistency is frustrating and his ability to appear lacking in effort were both very frustrating, I think Cappy forced players to play games they were not comfortable with. He still may never be the player he could be, but I think there is a chance we could see the 25+ goal scorer again and a more consistent game under Weight.

We will see, but if that happens, I'd feel comfortable giving him another shot at center.

There's no doubt that Nelson can put up points. The problem most have with Brock is that when he's not scoring, he's completely invisible and skates around the ice completely unmotivated. Given the teams history of not showing up to play, a 2nd line center who plays with no sense of urgency is not what this team needs.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
For those who likes the idea of Barzal and Ho-Sang on the same line : What is the point of this? Both not only brings the same type of game, but both are right handed shooters (something rare in our line-up) and both, because of their style play, will be subject of turnovers.

It seems to me that it should be obvious to put them in different lines.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
For those who likes the idea of Barzal and Ho-Sang on the same line : What is the point of this? Both not only brings the same type of game, but both are right handed shooters (something rare in our line-up) and both, because of their style play, will be subject of turnovers.

It seems to me that it should be obvious to put them in different lines.

Assuming (and its a big assumption) that AB and Barzal are our #2 and #3 Centers, I think the details will be sorted out during training camp. Who gets put on which line and with which wingers will likely be a trial and error type situation.

Either way, JHS is playing with a rookie (or almost rookie) Centerman. That could be a problem.

And re our first line, while I've been a proponent of leaving it alone as I think that line played very well together, I'm pretty sure Eberle will get first shot on a line with JT. Otherwise why bring him over? Could be wrong there but that's my sense.

crasherino

May 9, 2013

Beauviller - Cizikas - Bailey (Solid defensively and will contribute offensively)
Chimera - Quine - Clutterbuck (2 speedy defensively responsible players with good shots centered by a creative player)

Leddy - Boychuk
De Haan - Pulock
Seidenberg - Pelech

Hickey
Mayfield
Towes

Halak 60%
Greiss 40%

You basically put in Quine and took out Ho-Sang. Why would you do that?

WHY?????????

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
You basically put in Quine and took out Ho-Sang. Why would you do that?

WHY?????????

I forgot about him lol there are just too many fowards... More players will be moved. Nelson/bailey/kulemin. Wouldnt be surprised if 2 of them are gone. Especially if we plan on bringing in another forward.

JT
Lee
Ladd
Eberle
Nelson
Bailey
JHS
Beauviller
Kulemin
Chimera
Cizikas
Clutter buck

That's 12 and doesn't include Barzal, Prince, Quine. Or anyone we bring in whether it be trade or UFA. I think Kulemin gets bought out and one of Bailey or Nelson gets traded.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I forgot about him lol there are just too many fowards... More players will be moved. Nelson/bailey/kulemin. Would be surprised if 2 of them are gone. Especially if we plan on bringing in another forward.

JT
Lee
Ladd
Eberle
Nelson
Bailey
JHS
Beauviller
Kulemin
Chimera
Cizikas
Clutter buck

That's 12 and doesn't include Barzal, Prince, Quine. Or anyone we bring in whether it be trade or UFA. I think Kulemin gets bought out and one of Bailey or Nelson gets traded.

They have 4 days to buy out Kulemin, which would require waivers. Doubt it happens.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011

Leddy - Boychuk
De Haan - Pulock
Seidenberg - Pelech

Hickey
Mayfield
Towes

Halak 60%
Greiss 40%

So Barzal and Quine int he every day lineup but not Kulemin or Ho-Sang. Highly unlikely.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I have Barzal in there immediately as 3rd or 4th line C. Hoping Dougie takes a more pro-active approach with the young guys.

WagnerGrad96

Mar 30, 2016
West Islip, New York

So you have Quine making the team over Ho Sang??

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Would anyone be opposed to a kid line?

Lee-Tavares-Eberle
Ladd-Nelson-Bailey
Beauvillier-Barzal-Ho-Sang
Kulemin/Prince/Quine

Maybe a trade of Nelson, Kulemin, 2018 1st, CGY's conditional 2nd for Duchene or Galchenyuk?

Lee-Tavares-Eberle
Ladd-Duchene/Galchenyuk-Bailey
Beauvillier-Barzal-Ho-Sang
Prince/Quine

If Barzal is NHL ready, that's a pretty awesome forward group. I've always had a feeling Barzal and Beauvillier could have chemistry in the NHL and will play together regularly. Beau has a ton of potential to score more goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad