2017-2018 Line Combos

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
I think Beauvillier and Ho-Sang playing together puts them in the best position to succeed, as well as the team. If he's not playing with Ho-Sang, Eberle, or Barzal, maybe he should go to the minors. Weight can break those bad habits while Ho-Sang is up on the NHL roster, there's really no reason he can't. The problem with having Quine and Prince in the lineup instead of Beauvillier and Ho-Sang is that the bottom 6 is a disaster offensively then. It's just a black hole and that's not good for anybody.

I would argue the team is scoring at an acceptable rate but giving up too many goals against and that is the number one priority. I still have hope Chimera has gas in the tank to catch fire like he did last year.

Reactions: dood

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
I don't know if you just have the "Youth Goggles" on, but Beauvillier honestly hasn't really looked good outside of a few games early in the year and Ho-Sang is still having issues with turnovers/long shifts/defensive play despite the impressive output.

Beauvillier is still at the stage in his development where he needs consistent ice time in a consistent role so I don't see why sending him to the AHL to get those two things would be a bad idea? Who gives a **** if Quine/Prince are in and out of the lineup and playing different roles every other game.

But a top prospect former first rounder with upside cannot be ****ed with like that in my opinion. Those roles are for guys drafted twice and spent years in the minors (Quine) or guys we gave up a measly 3rd for (Prince).

And regarding Ho-Sang, his faults needs to be broken NOW, or they never will.

And since your brain doesn't appear to be working, can you please put yourself in Quine's shoes and realized he's played in TWO games and missed the entire preseason, so it's going to take him more than a ****ing handful of games to get his timing down. I would honestly reserve judgement until after the All-Star break on him at this point because of how much time he's missed.

God damnit some of you are so ****ing stupid and don't even bother thinking with your brain anymore.

Why do you want the team's top prospects getting jerked around at the NHL level??? Aren't these the guys we are supposed to be investing in for the future? We should putting them in the best situations to succeed, and that means giving them consistency in their roles and ice time, or demanding that they improve on their flaws in games where the team isn't getting hurt before they can be rewarded with NHL time.
Can you explain to me why you insult me like that to begin? Did I insult you? You can very well explain your point of view without rambling like an idiot. This is a sensitive subject for you?? I have to put myself in the shoes of Quine??? No, but what's that? The ravings of a stupid fool, I don't see other things.

Reactions: luki here

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
I think Beauvillier and Ho-Sang playing together puts them in the best position to succeed, as well as the team. If he's not playing with Ho-Sang, Eberle, or Barzal, maybe he should go to the minors. Weight can break those bad habits while Ho-Sang is up on the NHL roster, there's really no reason he can't. The problem with having Quine and Prince in the lineup instead of Beauvillier and Ho-Sang is that the bottom 6 is a disaster offensively then. It's just a black hole and that's not good for anybody.
Good answer PK, I could not say better. And thank you for not insulting me!;)

What is absurd with such foolish replicas that Seafoam has just delivered is that he himself (or herself) in a not so distant post was finally hoping to see the Nelson-Beauvillier-Ho-Sang line! And now he changes his mind (he has the right), and go on to insult me without rhyme or reason, and pretending that my brain does not work!
What irony! Maybe he should look at himself before.
Way to go Seafoam! What a great poster you are!

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Chimera, Beauvillier, Nelson, Ho Sang averaging about 13 minutes
Line 3
8 goals
11 assists

Line 1 averaging about 18 minutes
Lee, JT, Bailey
25 goals
29 assists
+9

Line 2 averaging about 16 minutes
Ladd, Barzal, Eberle
12 goals
20 assists
+8

Line 4 averaging 13 minutes
Kulemin, Cizekas, Clutterbuck
7 goals
7 assists
+6

Interesting. Thanks for putting it out like this. It almost looks like Weight is using the 4th line to shadow the weakness of the 3rd line. I have noticed that the 4th line is out there quite a bit.

TBH, I think we need a better centre..Nielsen would have put that line in order so fast...

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Interesting. Thanks for putting it out like this. It almost looks like Weight is using the 4th line to shadow the weakness of the 3rd line. I have noticed that the 4th line is out there quite a bit.

TBH, I think we need a better centre..Nielsen would have put that line in order so fast...

Yeah and his 6x5.5 contract means we don’t trade for Eberle, which then makes our second line garbage.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Let’s look at the 3rd line production so far this season.
I know there was some flip flopping of lines but for the most part I will list
Chimera, Beauvillier, Nelson, Ho Sang played for the most part on the 3rd line or is slated there.

It is safe to say the 3rd line needs improvement as they seem to be giving up a lot more goals than they are scoring in limited ice time than the other lines. Therefore I applaud trying Quine and/or Prince there. Beauvillier and Ho Sang can go to the AHL without waivers. They can play big minutes and get better/more confidence.

If you want to argue Ho Sang as responsible and trustworthy with his 1 goal 4 assists +1 and should be here, I think most including Doug Weight would argue the team needs better two-way play on the the third line desperately and that is not Ho Sangs strength at the moment.

For those complaining about the 4th line, it brings energy, is defensively responsible and is the only line that hits people which every team needs.

Chimera, Beauvillier, Nelson, Ho Sang averaging about 13 minutes
Line 3
8 goals
11 assists

Line 1 averaging about 18 minutes
Lee, JT, Bailey
25 goals
29 assists
+9

Line 2 averaging about 16 minutes
Ladd, Barzal, Eberle
12 goals
20 assists
+8

Line 4 averaging 13 minutes
Kulemin, Cizekas, Clutterbuck
7 goals
7 assists
+6

Solid breakdown post. Thanks for this! Funny part about line 3 is people probably think oh ho sang plays there and hes so bad definsively so the -13 makes but Ho-Sang is a +1. Brock and chimera are complete passengers and we just added two more in prince and quine

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Solid breakdown post. Thanks for this! Funny part about line 3 is people probably think oh ho sang plays there and hes so bad definsively so the -13 makes but Ho-Sang is a +1. Brock and chimera are complete passengers and we just added two more in prince and quine

I think if we could deal Nelson plus to get a master dman, our bottom 6 can be counterbalanced nicely as:

Chimera/Cizikas/JHS
Beau/Quine/Clutter

It spreads the talent around and provides for defensive insurance for JHS

Prince would be the 13th guy

It may be better than having JHS or Beau in the farms, especially when they could be in the top 6 next year with 2 guys moving to the free agent market

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Beau just isn't good enough to help the team ATM. He might be useful someday...but not anytime soon. He needs to get sent down so he can work on his game.

Ho-Sang isn't perfect either and could also use more time in the A but we need him now. The 3rd line is a horror show without him. Simple as that.

I think Prince will eventually out-battle both Quine and Chimera for the last spot on that line.

Prince-Nelson-JHS

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Beau just isn't good enough to help the team ATM. He might be useful someday...but not anytime soon. He needs to get sent down so he can work on his game.

Ho-Sang isn't perfect either and could also use more time in the A but we need him now. The 3rd line is a horror show without him. Simple as that.

I think Prince will eventually out-battle both Quine and Chimera for the last spot on that line.

Prince-Nelson-JHS

Prince is not going to be healthy for more than 10 games in a row, he skates too much with his head down and doesn't absorb contact that well.

I think we need to deal Nelson for defensive help, even straight up for Vatanen is a good deal for both teams. Nelson is now like Moulson or Derek King or others that came before him, squeezed out of the top 6 because he is not a consistent goal scorer, but a bad defensive player that hurts the bottom 6.

JHS has to be with Cizikas I think to prevent disastrous turnovers, but I think he really belongs here, like I said Chimera and Quine belong in the bottom 6.

I would rather see Beau over Prince, if you are going to use a bottom 6 guy that would be very effective Bernier would be better, but it serves Beau better to develop

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
And it seems that Weight is going with a line of Beauvillier-Nelson-Ho-Sang for tonight! What do you think of that Seafoam?! Does Weight have problem with his brain too?

I hope that Beauvillier and Ho-Sang will have success, and I hope that they will also have a real chance, that is to say, not just a single game. If indeed they have all sorts of difficulties, we can always send them to the minors. But at least we'll see them together and that's what I've been wanting for a while. They did well together last season, why not this season?

There is no need here to dramatize everything and make it a crisis of hysteria...

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Beauvillier-Nelson-HoSang
Chimera-Cizikas-Clutterbuck bottom 6 tonight.

I'd like to see some minor changes, but think it is the best bottom 6 we've rolled in a while.

I'd like to see:

Beauvillier-Cizikas-Ho-Sang
Nelson-Quine-Clutterbuck

But beggars cant be choosers!

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
And it seems that Weight is going with a line of Beauvillier-Nelson-Ho-Sang for tonight! What do you think of that Seafoam?! Does Weight have problem with his brain too?

I hope that Beauvillier and Ho-Sang will have success, and I hope that they will also have a real chance, that is to say, not just a single game. If indeed they have all sorts of difficulties, we can always send them to the minors. But at least we'll see them together and that's what I've been wanting for a while. They did well together last season, why not this season?

There is no need here to dramatize everything and make it a crisis of hysteria...

I think this group struggled once again and nearly cost us this game. Tampa sticks Stamkos or Kucherov against these guys and watch out. It will be interesting if Weight takes the same gamble Saturday

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I think this group struggled once again and nearly cost us this game. Tampa sticks Stamkos or Kucherov against these guys and watch out. It will be interesting if Weight takes the same gamble Saturday

If the 4th line becomes the 3rd line we will be good... for home games.... that is why JHS being luxury boxed for road games will work to some degree, because he is such a mess defensively, with the last change for home team we will see studs against him... one bad toedrag and Kucherov is going to be on a breakaway... and I hope Chimera cross checks that arrogant player to the boards.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

They did not play well.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Can you explain to me why you insult me like that to begin? Did I insult you? You can very well explain your point of view without rambling like an idiot. This is a sensitive subject for you?? I have to put myself in the shoes of Quine??? No, but what's that? The ravings of a stupid fool, I don't see other things.

I just don't understand why there's this notion that Beauvillier and Ho-Sang are continually the best options. I haven't been impressed with either of them overall (which I'm disappointed with because I want them to succeed).

I'm sorry if you felt insulted, but it's not like these guys won their spots (like Barzal did), and are suddenly being benched. Those spots are very much still up for grabs, and other options should be explored internally until someone steps up (or a trade is made).

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
I just don't understand why there's this notion that Beauvillier and Ho-Sang are continually the best options. I haven't been impressed with either of them overall (which I'm disappointed with because I want them to succeed).

I'm sorry if you felt insulted, but it's not like these guys won their spots (like Barzal did), and are suddenly being benched. Those spots are very much still up for grabs, and other options should be explored internally until someone steps up (or a trade is made).

Avoid treating others like idiots and everything will be ok.

I agree that Beauvillier and Ho-Sang did not have a good game last Thursday, but I don't think it's separating them or scratching them after a single game that it will settle things (I would not be surprised if Quine is inserted instead of one or the other for tonight but nothing official yet)).
That's exactly what I don't want Weight to do: show impatience too quickly. He was patient with Barzal who was still looking for his first point after five games (and we see the results). I'm not saying that Beauvillier and Ho-Sang would be as successful as Barzal, but before moving on to Plan B (Quine / Prince) I would like him to give them a few more games.

The problem I see is that neither Beau or Ho-Sang feels the confidence of their coach, which results in the fear of making mistakes (the worst thing for a player) or wanting to do too much to impress the coach.
Unless I'm wrong, I think Beau and Ho-Sang only played one game on the same line (last Thursday). Can we give them at least 3 to 5 games? Is it really too much?
If they still struggle after that span, yes, we should send them to the AHL, no problem with that if it's the best solution.

As for Quine and Prince, we know what to expect and it's pretty ordinary...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad