Leddy-Pelech
de Haan-Boychuk
Hickey-Pulock
Mayfield, Seidenberg

Greiss, Halak

What do you guys think?

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Another year with Nelson as our 2nd line C...

You want to know what I think?

:vomit:

Oh... thought they had an emoji for that. Anyway, yeah... the rest is fine. I don't think Greiss can handle the load as 1a... I tend to think they'll get equal share until someone steps up.

Rhino1985

Jul 3, 2015
Lee-Tavares-Bailey
Ladd-Nelson-Eberle
Chimera-Beauvillier-Ho-Sang
Kulemin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
Quine

Leddy-Pelech
de Haan-Boychuk
Hickey-Pulock
Mayfield, Seidenberg

Greiss, Halak

What do you guys think?

I like your lineup and could definitely see the isles rolling that out.

However, I think Ho-Sang and either Ladd/Nelson should be together. Ho-Sang is pass first, they are shoot first. He can get them the puck in space. I would say the same about Eberle, but he's a righty.

Also, I like your D pairings, especially Leddy-Pelech. If I remember correctly, that was a pairing Weight used with success at the end of the season.

I think that the 5-6 Defense spots should be kept as competitive as possible between Hickey, Mayfield, Seids, and Pulock. Also, giving Boychuk some maintenance days wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Lee-Tavares-Bailey
Ladd-Nelson-Eberle
Quine

Leddy-Pelech
de Haan-Boychuk
Hickey-Pulock
Mayfield, Seidenberg

Greiss, Halak

What do you guys think?

Offseason just begun! I think it's way too early for a thread like this one. I expect the roster to change a lot before the season opener.

Beastrt

Jun 14, 2011
Lee-Tavares-Bailey
Ladd-Nelson-Eberle
Quine

Leddy-Pelech
de Haan-Boychuk
Hickey-Pulock
Mayfield, Seidenberg

Greiss, Halak

What do you guys think?

I think Barzel makes the team especially if they don't get another center. I don't like chimera in the top 9 unless injury. I think Eberle starts with Tavares.

27-91-7
16-13-12
29-72-66
25-53-15

Quine minors

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Offseason just begun! I think it's way too early for a thread like this one. I expect the roster to change a lot before the season opener.

And I'm sure people's projections will change accordingly. There isn't much else to talk about at this point in the offseason. This thread can go all the way through training camp. I expect the roster to change, as I'm sure others do.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Lee-Tavares-Bailey
Ladd-Nelson-Eberle
Quine

Leddy-Pelech
de Haan-Boychuk
Hickey-Pulock
Mayfield, Seidenberg

Greiss, Halak

What do you guys think?

Not bad, here's mine...

I think Eberle needs to play with Lee & JT.

Ladd-Nelson-Bailey is a solid veteran line Weight can use to match up against other top lines. Would be even better if we could replace Nelson with Duchene. MD would make that line much tougher for opponents to handle.

Then we have the new kid line which Weight can put out against weakest competition. Speed killz baby!
Prince-Beau-JHS

Kulemin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck. Hustle. Energy. Solid.

If we get Duchene, Nelson gets bumped down to 3C & Beau will start in Bridgeport (or Colorado?) with Barzal and MDC.

And Chimera reeks. He can pat the guys on the back and give em high fives after the games.

Leddy-Boychuck
CDH-Pelech (shutdown/matchup pair)
Hickey-Pulock
Seids-Mayfield

Last edited:

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Lee-Tavares-Bailey
Ladd-Nelson-Eberle
Quine

Leddy-Pelech
de Haan-Boychuk
Hickey-Pulock
Mayfield, Seidenberg

Greiss, Halak

What do you guys think?

I'm pretty sure they got Eberle to play with JT. I also think Barzal makes the team.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Lee-Tavares-Bailey
Ladd-Nelson-Eberle
Quine

Leddy-Pelech
de Haan-Boychuk
Hickey-Pulock
Mayfield, Seidenberg

Greiss, Halak

What do you guys think?

I think Barzal will be 2nd line C and Eberle will be on the top line... Nelson and Eberle together will be a defensive disaster... even Frans could not offset that.

Hickey can't be in the top 6, Seids in there above him.

I see Ladd on the 3rd line and Chimera on the 4th and Kulemin will be gone

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Bailey - JT - Eberle
Lee - Beau - ho-sang
Ladd - Nelson - Chimera
Kuli - Czikas - Clutter

Leddy - Pelech/Pulock
CdH - Seids
Hickey - Boychuk
Mayfield

Lots of options this season.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Here is my lineup for FWD's if no move for a top 6 player is made:

Lee-Tavares-Eberle
Bailey-Nelson-Ho-Sang
Ladd-Barzal-Beauvillier
Chimera-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Top 9 forwards are balanced across the board

Everyone is expecting Barzal to hop in right away as a top 6 center. That is not happening, make him earn it

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Lee-JT-Eberle it has to be tried.
Ladd-Beau-JHS (2A) they were great together. Nelson just doesn't cut it as 2C
Nelson-Barzal-Bailey (2B) Bailey and Nelson are on their way out, Barzal trying to work his way in
Chimera-CC-CC gold Jerry!

Kulelmin gone. Quine #13 * if we get a qualified 2C, i can see Bailey being shipped out

Leddy-Boychuk
deHaan-Seidenberg
Pelech-Pulock

Hickey gone. Toews/Mayfield 7&8

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Put Eberle with JT.

Assuming no deals, put Barzal in at C.

I'm having trouble slotting Bailey in. I wish he were RH, bigger/tougher and shot more often, then it would be easy. :)

This excercise makes me hope Snow is able to make a deal.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
How's this line:

Bailey - Barzal - HoSang

Maybe putting Bailey with the 2 kids who don't shoot enough will force the 2 kids to shoot more (since Bailey doesn't).

BTW, I'm not serious.

islesjuncky

Jun 15, 2014
new york
Assuming no trades I'll go with this:

Lee-Tavares-Eberle
Ladd-Nelson-Bailey
Chimmer-Beau-Ho-Sang
Kulemin-Zeeker-Clutter

Eberle was brought to play with Tavares and unless he struggles he stays at the top line. See Ladd last year. Barzal I believe is more likely to start in the AHL and will eventually take over the 3c moving Beau to the wing.

Leddy-Pelech
De-Haan-Boychuk
Hickey-Pulock

I can't see Doug not playing g pulock this year. Just like he refused to sit Beau when Cappy went down. Pelech I assume will make the team after all Snow protected him. Hickey will be the first man to be scratched and will rotate with Seid and Mayfield.

Greiss
Halak

I see more of a 60-40 split this year to keep Greiss on his toes. When 1 goalie gets hot they'll play him and vice versa.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Lee - Tavares - Eberle
Ladd - Beauvillier - Ho-Sang
Chimera - Nelson - Bailey
Kulemin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

Leddy - Boychuk
de Haan - Pulock
Hickey - Pelech
Seidenberg/Mayfield

Greiss
Halak

I think trying Eberle with Tavares is important due to their past chemistry. I think the reason why it failed with Ladd was because Tavares was playing in the World Cup and they didn't have much time to connect, and Capuano got fed up with the lack of connection.

Beauvillier and Ho-Sang have always had great chemistry, so they should be together wherever they may be.

Still holding out hope Nelson gets traded for a better player. Maybe Hickey gets traded for a pick.

Was never a fan of breaking up Leddy and Boychuk. Ever since they came over to us, they've been nothing short of solid. So they should be together.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
How's this line:

Bailey - Barzal - HoSang

Maybe putting Bailey with the 2 kids who don't shoot enough will force the 2 kids to shoot more (since Bailey doesn't).

BTW, I'm not serious.

Or it might make all three of them pass the puck around the outside for 2 minutes before the entire building starts screaming "shoot the puck!" in unison. :sarcasm:

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Lee - JT - Eberle
Ladd - Barzal - Ho Sang
Nelson - Beauvillier - Bailey
Chimera - CC - CC

If we need to have a more veteran Center just for the sake of not having two 20 year olds in the middle, we can switch Nelson and Tito as necessary.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I'm fine with keeping Bailey on the top line. It's not broken, don't try to fix it. Sure, throw Eberle there during training camp but unless there is some immediate chemistry, I put Bailey where he's productive.

To summarize, we still should be thinking about being a one line team. We need a 2nd line that strikes fear in opponents.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I'm fine with keeping Bailey on the top line. It's not broken, don't try to fix it. Sure, throw Eberle there during training camp but unless there is some immediate chemistry, I put Bailey where he's productive. Eberle can play PP1 with Tavares.

To summarize, we still shouldn't be thinking about being a one line team. We need a 2nd line that strikes fear in opponents.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Based off what our roster looks like right now:
Lee-Tavares-Eberle
Ladd-Nelson-Bailey
Beauvillier-Barzal-Ho-Sang
Chimera-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
Kulemin-Quine-Prince
Leddy-Boychuk
De Haan-Seidenberg
Pelech-Pulock
Hickey
Greiss
Halak

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
What I think is funny is when people want to take the guy with 30 first assists (good for 12th in the league last year) off the line of the two best goal scorers on the team.

Tavares and Lee need Bailey and Bailey needs Tavares and Lee.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
What I think is funny is when people want to take the guy with 30 first assists (good for 12th in the league last year) off the line of the two best goal scorers on the team.

The issue I think is that if Nelson and Eberle are on the same line, that is defensive disasters happening and JHS and Beau are not that good defensively as well

have to spread the defense, other wise we will get 4 goals per game but yield 7 goals per game to Auston Matthews and that Aho character

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011

Bailey is better defensively than Eberle.

Imo, putting JB with Nelson (hopefully Duchene) and Ladd creates a line than can play much tougher minutes and still be decent offensively.

Doing this would create a lot of freedom for Lee-JT and Ebs to do their damage and allow them to take advantage of as many favourable matchups & zone starts as possible.

Well that's how I would plan it anyway. Just another .02

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad