Prospect Info: 2017-2018 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Lucky? That was filthy. Also now 2 goals 1 assist after the game. This kid will not play one game in the AHL unless they assign him there after the college season but I think he goes straight to the biggies.

It was sarcasm. The best part is the goalie just sitting there with his glove out frozen like FML how did he do that.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
All our prospects are garbage though...

Must be your prospect bias rearing its ugly head, lol.

All players, teams, and organizations, take a linear path to success, anyone not obviously progressing year after year MUST have no chance as they are trending downwards... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

All players, teams, and organizations, take a linear path to success, anyone not obviously progressing year after year MUST have no chance as they are trending downwards... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Also wanted to touch on Hunts debut last night. Heavy in the corners first back on the back check, aware with the puck, didnt try to just throw it to the open man. For another free agent signee that had NO chance to succeed... Well, it was a fine start. IMO.

For a tall person, that is some dirty stickwork with zero space and being twisted like that..and he roofs it.

Another pick most were sure was a disaster. Keks can pick for me anytime.

He was passed over in the entire draft his first year.
He was playing second tier Finnish junior league his second year.
No WJC time.

Why waste a pick on a guy that has not been improving like all top prospects do, right?

Hell most said Hepo was waste too, some should stop speculating and understand, that young men, have many many paths available to become successful pros.

Its about developing them properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kid Icarus

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Also wanted to touch on Hunts debut last night. Heavy in the corners first back on the back check, aware with the puck, didnt try to just throw it to the open man. For another free agent signee that had NO chance to succeed... Well, it was a fine start. IMO.

The thing I liked most about Hunt last night was the way he got the puck out of the defensive zone. No panic didn’t just chuck it up the boards to turn it over. I may be just scarred from watching this team treat the puck like a handgrenade in their own zone for so long but it was nice to see a guy who didn’t panic and made the right play.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Imagine a Troy Terry Borgstrom and Trocheck line. Ducks will never trade him thkugh. I can already see I’ll be buying a Borgstrom jersey and not just because he’s a Finn and damn good. He just has that infectious attitude and explodes when he scores. He’s literally the opposite of Barkov. Haha

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Imagine a Troy Terry Borgstrom and Trocheck line. Ducks will never trade him thkugh. I can already see I’ll be buying a Borgstrom jersey and not just because he’s a Finn and damn good. He just has that infectious attitude and explodes when he scores. He’s literally the opposite of Barkov. Haha

I like that too. Feels like it fires up the guys.

I don't like the whole sliding across the ice type of celebrations though. Barkov needs to show some emotion jeez lol.

I haven't been this excited for a prospect in a while. He looks like he's gonna be a game changer.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Springfield wins 6-4!?!?

Valk has been a decent pick up. 12pts in 15 games.
Bystrom in his first game gets 2 assists.
Malgin with 2 goals and an assist
Monty gets the win.

Yup, down 3-0 at the end of one they staged a furious comeback. Hawryluk and Downing scratched or hurt. Buckles continues to disappoint after playing well on ATO at the end of last season. Tony Turgeon brought up from ECHL to stir things up. Nice crowd on hand of 6700. Must be nice with their record to play in front of larger crowds than the Cats.:laugh:

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Yup, down 3-0 at the end of one they staged a furious comeback. Hawryluk and Downing scratched or hurt. Buckles continues to disappoint after playing well on ATO at the end of last season. Tony Turgeon brought up from ECHL to stir things up. Nice crowd on hand of 6700. Must be nice with their record to play in front of larger crowds than the Cats.:laugh:

Downing scratched, Hawryluk hurt.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Malgin gets two goals and the brilliant Kinnear puts him on the 4th line :thinking emoji:

Valk and Malgin both with 5 pts in their last 2 games. Grenier has been doing his part.

Are they starting to find some chemistry or just getting lucky?
I see Providence scored 3 goals in the 2nd, they were down by 3 last night as well.
The PP went 3/3 so that probably a big reason for the win.

On a side note, Ang

He's been Peterborough's best player by far. I said it before and will say it again, think Trocheck 2.0

Outside of Borgstrom, definitely my fave prospect we have. Hepo is tearing it up too. Just feels good to have so many of them doing well.

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
That would be absolutely insane.

I don't see it though, at least not yet.

Tro exploded draft+2 season, Ang should be hitting +100 points this year for him to make some noise.

He's on a 38-39 goal, 97pt pace right now, 5th in league scoring and his team leader in goals, assists and points as well as PIMS which is shocking. Hopefully he's not keeping that last trend moving forward. He's progressed every year like Trocheck and also wears #21.

One of our better 4th round picks that I can remember.

I'm not saying he's better than Trocheck, more a lesser version of him. Maybe I should have said Trocheck-lite? but he's taller than Trocheck and will probably outweigh him once he fills out.

Reactions: Kellyr

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
That would be absolutely insane.

I don't see it though, at least not yet.

Tro exploded draft+2 season, Ang should be hitting +100 points this year for him to make some noise.

I still see a good bottom-6 player as of now. He doesn't scream top-6 to me, and his numbers certainly don't back up him being a Tro 2.o.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I still see a good bottom-6 player as of now. He doesn't scream top-6 to me, and his numbers certainly don't back up him being a Tro 2.o.

Ideally he'd make a great 3C, we will find out next year what he can do in tougher competition when he moves on from OHL. His speed is his greatest weapon, too early to say if he's not a top 6 guy but I agree he's better suited for the bottom 6.
We have any information on whether he's planning on college or AHL?

bluegod29

Oct 4, 2011
Wrong. Hawryluk is injured. Downing is scratched. Sometimes I actually do know more than you :)

Downing left Wednesdays game so I know for a fact that he is hurt. See you know less than me!

At least your loyal, you will lie just to protect your boys......:thumbu:

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Not sure about hawryluk, but I'm guessing poor play. Have to call it as I see it. He's been terrible.... Hopefully he turns it around at some point.

It's fine if you believe that. I'm not scared to say he's healthy scratched if he was. I could really care less. But he isn't so...

Reactions: bluegod29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad