2017-2018 Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Saad and Neal on the left side would be unbelievable. That would be a decisive advantage over a lot of teams.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Talent and speed wise Evander Kane would be even better. The kid has a crazy amount of talent. Plus he knocked out Matt Cooke.

to be totally honest here, i always like E. Kane and his style of play.

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
They can't be solely focused on a top 9 winger. The team still needs a bottom six center once they trade Kruger too. Kero, Rasmussen and Dauphin don't give me a lot of confidence. Ras and Kero are better wingers in my opinion and Ras shouldn't be anything more than the 13th forward anyway. Unless Schmaltz is moved to center permanently they still have a need.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
They can't be solely focused on a top 9 winger. The team still needs a bottom six center once they trade Kruger too. Kero, Rasmussen and Dauphin don't give me a lot of confidence. Ras and Kero are better wingers in my opinion and Ras shouldn't be anything more than the 13th forward anyway. Unless Schmaltz is moved to center permanently they still have a need.

thing is i see Dauphin = Kruger but cheaper version.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I could definitely be down for Evander Kane for the right price. Tough kid that can hold his own and score goals. 28 goals last year at 25.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I very highly doubt Neal gets moved in the offseason. I see him getting moved at the deadline with retention for a hell of a haul.

I just don't think the fans are going to be very happy if Vegas trades away every single name that a casual fan would know before the puck even gets dropped. Gotta give the fans something to cheer for while they're trying to build a brand.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Except Hawks have had trouble finishing at key times. With Panarin, Motte and Hossa gone and the addition of Saad it still leaves a question mark there. Hawks need a sniper, preferably one with some grit. James Neal or Evander Kane come to mind.

I would be fine with either of those guys. DeBrincat is supposed to be about as pure of a sniper as they come, so not a bad guy to have in the mix if he can play off-side wing. Maybe you just give Kane the two American kids and let Anisimov center a line with Hartman and Williams.

Saad-Toews-Panik (elite 2-way/possession machine line)
DeBrincat-Schmaltz-Kane (Kane w/2 kids with loads of offensive potential, gets same deployment as last year 2nd line)
Hartman-Anisimov-Williams (elite 3rd line, can play in any situation)
Moose-Kero-Hayden (4th line that will be defensively responsible and add some physicality, offensive production)

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Saad Toews Panik
Schmaltz Anisimov Kane
Sharp Kero Hinostroza
Hayden Dauphin Hartman
Jurco/Rasmussen

Keith Murphy
Kempny Seabrook
Forsling Rutta/Campbell

Crawford
Forsberg

I doubt Brinksy or Fortin are ready to jump into the NHL. Give them some time in Rockford, and if they do well, they can be recalled.

I'd like to give Dauphin a chance. I know he's good defensively and was pretty good at faceoffs last year (45% which isn't bad for a 22 year old).

Sign Sharp. The forward group could still use a bit more experience (especially in the bottom 6) and he can still do a good job in a more limited role. Looked faster than most in the NHL when I saw him last year (watched some Stars games after he came back from concussions). His hip surgery recovery also seems to be going really well according to Hedger.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
That center depth is just trash. They really need to think about moving Schmaltz to center. It makes the lineup so much better.

And Hino doesn't deserve a top 9 role. He spent the end of last season in RFD and really did nothing with the minutes he got in Chicago. Hayden I can see winning a top 9 role. And Hartman needs to play top 9 minutes next year. Possibly top 6. He's got another level to reach. I see him being a 45-50 pt guy if he can get consistent minutes/pp time.

Hartman is probably the guy I'm most bullish on to take that next step. Schmaltz and Kempny 2a/2b.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
God no ,, Gagner is soft and vanished for most of 2nd half of Jackets season after fluke hot start to year

I dunno put gagner on the power play and playing 3rd/4th line center between 2 guys that can bang while being cheap isnt a bad option

Saad-Toews-Panik
Schmaltz-Anisimov-Kane
Hartman-Gagner-Hayden
Dauphin-Kero-Jurco
Hino

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
thing is i see Dauphin = Kruger but cheaper version.

Great. I still don't want Kero filling a bottom six center role, and the Hawks would have nothing besides an unproven Highmore behind them as depth. Unless Schmaltz plays center the center depth is terrible. And even if he does we still lack any semblance of FO ability outside of Toews. Dauphin, Kero, Hino, Schmaltz, Anisimov have all been bad to awful at FO in their careers.

Hawks have to find someone who can win a FO.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Great. I still don't want Kero filling a bottom six center role, and the Hawks would have nothing besides an unproven Highmore behind them as depth. Unless Schmaltz plays center the center depth is terrible. And even if he does we still lack any semblance of FO ability outside of Toews. Dauphin, Kero, Hino, Schmaltz, Anisimov have all been bad to awful at FO in their careers.

Hawks have to find someone who can win a FO.

kero is just fine at playing that 4th line center role i think

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Talent and speed wise Evander Kane would be even better. The kid has a crazy amount of talent. Plus he knocked out Matt Cooke.

Not sure if I see McDonough going for it but yeah, **** it, bring him in. It's only 1 year and if we're going to be paying many millions for leadership between Toews and Seabs, put it to the test. He's ferocious on the ice. Personally, given the choice between the two, I like Neal's elite shot, but either one would be exactly what we should be looking for.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
I'm strangely fine with aquiring Evander Kane, if the price is right, dude's a good hockey player and would help us in several ways. Fans of other teams will hate us even more and their tears are, as you all agree, delicious!

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
My issue with Kane or Neal is the assets it would cost to get them. In that respect, I'm not sure if it makes sense for the Hawks to trade a high pick and/or prospect for a 1 year player.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
My issue with Kane or Neal is the assets it would cost to get them. In that respect, I'm not sure if it makes sense for the Hawks to trade a high pick and/or prospect for a 1 year player.

But that's the cost of getting this team back on the map. Get er done Stan.

TeddyGoalsevelt

Duke of Earl
Jun 6, 2015
The Region
I'd absolutely love Evander Kane; however, I have don't really have a good idea of what it would cost to steal him away. The following lines would be killer though.

Saad - Toews - Panik
Kane - Anisimov - Kane
DeBrincat - Schmaltz - Hayden
Jurco - Kero - Hartman

(You could probably swap Hayden and Hartman, but I like keeping the Big Guy with Brinksy to balance it out.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad