League News: 2017-2018 General NHL Fan Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Guys the default position is to defend your wife/gf.

This news doesn't lessen Hoffman at all in my eyes. Would not complain if GMBM acquired him for cheap.

Woof. Don't agree at all with your take here. I love my wife and was drawn to her because she is kind, compassionate, and empathetic. She makes people around her feel better. I could never be with someone who actively looks to destroy other people's lives. And to say some of the shit she said to the Karlsson's after they lost their kid? As a father it appalls me. This lady sounds like a narcissist and it sounds like she needs serious therapy.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Jun 15, 2007
Woof. Don't agree at all with your take here. I love my wife and was drawn to her because she is kind, compassionate, and empathetic. She makes people around her feel better. I could never be with someone who actively looks to destroy other people's lives. And to say some of the **** she said to the Karlsson's after they lost their kid? As a father it appalls me. This lady sounds like a narcissist and it sounds like she needs serious therapy.
Right, but who's to say you won't believe your wife when she tearfully says she didn't do any of this and that she's being set up by the mean girls club run by Melinda?

Unless it comes out that Karlsson confronted Hoffman with proof that his wife was actually doing all these things, it's not a black mark on his character.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
She almost certainly needs serious professional help, and Hoffman is almost certainly enabling her.

I suspect he's done in the NHL for a while. Will probably have to drop her and go to the KHL to resurrect his career.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Right, but who's to say you won't believe your wife when she tearfully says she didn't do any of this and that she's being set up by the mean girls club run by Melinda?

Unless it comes out that Karlsson confronted Hoffman with proof that his wife was actually doing all these things, it's not a black mark on his character.

Four of the wives have come out on social media saying they knew this was happening or it's not surprising. This isn't some wild, baseless allegation. It looks like they have her dead to rights here. In case you missed it:

Reactions: hb12xchamps

Jun 15, 2007
If she's done all these things to the Karlsson's then it's extremely easy to believe she's also emotionally manipulating Hoffman.

If that's the case, he's a victim too.

Jun 15, 2007
Four of the wives have come out on social media saying they knew this was happening or it's not surprising. This isn't some wild, baseless allegation. It looks like they have her dead to rights here. In case you missed it:

I'm not arguing that she's innocent. 4 people coming out against is pretty serious.

I'm arguing that Hoffman isn't at fault for believing his girlfriend.

Jun 15, 2007
What would you do if I showed up at your house with a photo of your wife drowning a puppy?

That's not my wife. That's photoshopped. This photo is out of context. She was having a bad day.

I just can't see how people are blaming Hoffman for shit his girlfriend is doing.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I'm not arguing that she's innocent. 4 people coming out against is pretty serious.

I'm arguing that Hoffman isn't at fault for believing his girlfriend.

We'll just agree to disagree here.

Edit: I don't really see anyone blaming Hoffman for this. I see people saying his career is likely over if he keeps her around. One, it shows poor judgment on his part to stick around. Two, no team would ever welcome them into their locker room.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
If she's done all these things to the Karlsson's then it's extremely easy to believe she's also emotionally manipulating Hoffman.

If that's the case, he's a victim too.
Or maybe Hoffman is just a scumbag too? Maybe he doesn't like the Karlssons? Who really knows as it's hard to judge based off of one article without the whole story being present. I'd suspect that we will get the whole story at some point because of how odd this story is.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
What would you do if I showed up at your house with a photo of your wife drowning a puppy?

That's not my wife. That's photoshopped. This photo is out of context. She was having a bad day.

I just can't see how people are blaming Hoffman for **** his girlfriend is doing.

Seems like over the top obsessive behavior. How are other players wives aware and he’s not?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Or maybe Hoffman is just a ******* too? Maybe he doesn't like the Karlssons? Who really knows as it's hard to judge based off of one article without the whole story being present. I'd suspect that we will get the whole story at some point because of how odd this story is.

Men are more straightforward IMO. If I’m EK I would have confronted Hoffman immediately over such an issue.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
This whole story is just utterly unbelievable. Combine that with the Assistant GM being accused of harassment and it's currently a shit show up in Ottawa. At what point does the league make a few phone calls and try and settle some things down up there?

Ottawa is going to have to wash their hands of ownership (which fans have wanted for a while now), management and send some guys out of town. It's a shame that the team goes from being in the ECF to a shit show in one year

Jun 15, 2007

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I'm sure there was some sort of confrontation unless they got advice from a legal team telling them not to

If the girlfriend of someone on my team said the vile things that Hoffman's girlfriend (allegedly) said to my wife, that legal team could get f***ed. Especially after I lost my unborn son... nope. Fists would be thrown.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If the girlfriend of someone on my team said the vile things that Hoffman's girlfriend (allegedly) said to my wife, that legal team could get ****ed. Especially after I lost my unborn son... nope. Fists would be thrown.

I mean the ideal “good team” dynamic is they’re all kinda like brothers. You absolutely confront a teammate man to man. For me fist might come if he said “yeah so” but I wouldn’t enter the discussion fists flying. That only puts EK at risk.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
In the words of Nicky Backstrom "F" social media. Very little good does it do. Facebook is for exhibitionist and twitter is for narcissist. :damnpc::wally:

It’s a place for mean people to spew and braggarts to announce things.....I pass. I like twitter for the information sharing, not the opinions typically.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad