League News: 2017-2018 General NHL Fan Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
TSN says Kessel is disgruntled and likely to be traded.

Apparently he doesn’t get along with Sullivan and is mad he doesn’t play with Geno all the time.

Pens reply: Ok then, GTFO. :biglaugh:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Apparently he doesn’t get along with Sullivan and is mad he doesn’t play with Geno all the time.

I'd be happy to see Phil leave. He's a great fit in Pittsburgh and a huge reason their PP is so lethal.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'd be happy to see Phil leave. He's a great fit in Pittsburgh and a huge reason their PP is so lethal.

They would be so f***ing stupid to trade Phil. They emerged as the clear cut best team in the league the moment they traded for him. I don't buy it.

I have a hard time believing that, but I understand why Phil wants to play with Geno. He didn't have any chemistry whatsoever with Brassard, and I don't think he's a great fit for Sid either.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Kessel is a likable guy. Hard to be much concerned about him taking 2 cups and 8M salary into consideration. Let him do whatever he wants.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Oh, and we deserve blame as well. We valued Andre Burakovsky and a third round pick (MJ) over Nate Schmitt, who is a legitimate top pairing defenseman. How this team had that right under their nose and did not recognize it is beyond me.

And Wilson and Eller. People keep dismissing this. Anyone not named Ovechkin, Backstrom, Kuznetsov and (insert Eller or Wilson) would have been available.

For THIS team (one with the 3D-men they kept and the D pipeline coming), would you rather have lost Eller or Wilson? I wouldn’t. Eller has been HUGE this playoffs, both in terms of C depth and making the team stay afloat while Backs was out. And Wilson is Wilson.

Sure, we can all fantasize about MaJo or Burakovsky getting taken, but that’s akin to fantasizing that Grubauer was going to get taken. It wasn’t happening.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Oh, and we deserve blame as well. We valued Andre Burakovsky and a third round pick (MJ) over Nate Schmitt, who is a legitimate top pairing defenseman. How this team had that right under their nose and did not recognize it is beyond me.

I don't want to take anything from Schmidt, we all lament his lose, but he is not a top pairing D man on most teams in the NHL, he certainly wouldn't be on this Caps team.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I don't want to take anything from Schmidt, we all lament his lose, but he is not a top pairing D man on most teams in the NHL, he certainly wouldn't be on this Caps team.
Sure, he’d be ideal paired with Carlson. But I’d rather Wilson + Kempny. It’s obv easy to Monday AM QB it now, with the team in the finals....

But that also means it’s all worked out. Least for this year. Right?

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I'm not interested in talking about the expansion draft but it’s pretty clear to me that Nate Schmidt is a good top pairing defenseman in the NHL. Maybe he doesn’t have the offensive tools to be a dynamic #1 like Karlsson or the defensive skillset to be a shutdown #1 like Doughty but he’s excellent in transition and above average in all 3 zones. I’d call him a low-end #1 and a high-end #2, similar to Orlov.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I'm not interested in talking about the expansion draft but it’s pretty clear to me that Nate Schmidt is a good top pairing defenseman in the NHL. Maybe he doesn’t have the offensive tools to be a dynamic #1 like Karlsson or the defensive skillset to be a shutdown #1 like Doughty but he’s excellent in transition and above average in all 3 zones. I’d call him a low-end #1 and a high-end #2, similar to Orlov.
At least Orly can shoot

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I’d probably put Orlov slightly ahead of Schmidt in part because of his shot and superior offensive ability but it’s close. Both are extremely adept at 5v5 play.

Jun 15, 2007
I think Lou might be the most overrated GM in the NHL.

I mean he's better than Garth Snow but so is almost everyone.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Lou has alot of respect around the league, great addition to the Islanders.
Snow was there forever with 1(?) playoff series win to show for it. He isn't part of the solution and needed to go. Weight I don't think was really ready for a head coach position, not yet. Not sure how much of this factors in with Tavares staying or leaving, but for the franchise and it's fans, it's a big step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad