League News: 2017-2018 General NHL Fan Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Flyers have won 5 straight and now sit 2 points back of Pittsburgh and of the Rangers. Metro is tough.
Makes it slightly more interesting. I think the current teams in Eastern playoff spots are going to be in with the exception of NYI/Pens/Philly for the last spot. NYI and Pens are in a race to catch the Yotes for GA. That race has already exposed the Pens and it is starting to expose NYI. Philly is interesting because I don't think they really are good enough to make it but they've only played 5 games against the Metro so far. Of course all that could be blown up by a crazy trade and/or injury.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
We're now up to 83.4% chance of making the playoffs. Columbus is at 88.3 and Pittsburgh is down to 26.8, right above Carolina. Pittsburgh is really in trouble now, they need to play at a 100 point pace for the rest of the season if they want to reach 95 points. 95 points may not even cut it in the Metro division.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
They're gonna make it happen, they're just too good to miss. Now, we better hurry up because they're gonna knock someone out of the playoffs, and I hope it's not us.
The metropolitan is so tight. Even the Flyers and Canes aren't far behind. Any if these teams can make it into the playoffs. The Devils are really surprising me. I still think they will tail off as the season goes on. I'm pretty sure the Pens will get in. 2 years ago they were in a similar position. They went on tear the 2nd half of the season and went on to win the cup. That is a fact alot of people forget. We were the president cup trophy winner that year but the Pens were the best team down the stretch. They peaked at the right time.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I didn't know Latta was still around. He and Johansson can form a mini former Cap club in NJ now.

As if Laata will ever get a call up.

I just don't believe that Pittsburgh will miss the playoffs. They're too good. Sid won't let it happen.

Crosby is the greatest I get that but that team goes as Malkin goes, not Crosby. Malkin is playing like ass right now (and basically all season) and so are the Pens. When Malkin breaks out the Pens will be fine. Heck if Crosby were to miss a few games it might actually force Malkin to get his shit together.

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Over under on Walker going back on waivers?
It could happen. He's just played one game so far.

The Florida Panthers tank remains enjoyable. Marchessault with three points against them in a win. I don't think Florida dips below Buffalo or Arizona but third seems entirely possible.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
it was a debacle letting Walker get picked off waivers. right? Edmonton picked him because? Did they need a spare forward for practice?

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
This is the 2nd or 3rd year where everyone is hopeful about the Canes? They're missing something to get over the hump and they won't find "it" again this year.

Pens are just a mess. They're not getting blown out anymore, but they are still consistently giving up 4+ goals in W's and L's. They had the worst 5v5 SV% as of last week and I don't think that really is any of the goalies' fault. Scoring can always help, but I really don't think trying to out score the opponents with that backend is going to work. NYI will have to bail them out for the POs imo.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Things were looking good tonight until the Ducks blew a 3-1 lead. At least Columbus and the Flyers lost. I can't believe the devils are on top of the division.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I guess you aren't a Walker fan.

I think everyone liked Walker to some degree. What’s not to like? Chippy undersized Aussie...it just that some of us were more chill in our reactions than the guys who had a fit for whatever reason. Disappointed absolutely, but I don’t think he’s the one that got away that we regret the next 5-10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad