League News: 2017-2018 General NHL Fan Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I remember that series. Hated the Oilers so I was really hoping the Jets would win. I think that was the series that Boschman followed Gretzky everywhere.

I am surprised more coaches don't try shadow forwards. It seems mostly about the D pair, or just small doses. My favorite was always Gaetan shadowing Bossy home and away games and out scoring him to boot.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
That hattrick was the most boring, garbage hattrick I've ever seen. Even the impressive goals that he scores are super ugly. Reminds me of his goals in the dueling hattricks game:

The third one should have never counted. Caps should have been on the PP after Varly got cross checked in the throat.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I am surprised more coaches don't try shadow forwards. It seems mostly about the D pair, or just small doses. My favorite was always Gaetan shadowing Bossy home and away games and out scoring him to boot.
Not sure if it would work in today's game or not.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
That hattrick was the most boring, garbage hattrick I've ever seen. Even the impressive goals that he scores are super ugly. Reminds me of his goals in the dueling hattricks game:

That's the story of his entire career! He plays like a grinder and the league shoves him down people's throats like he's the most incredible player that has ever lived. Idiots.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I don't really remember the last time a team got the doors blown off them that bad from start to finish in the playoffs. For some reason in my head all playoff games are still somewhat tight. It's such an identifiable thing though to see your team just snowball into a pile of garbage.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Despite GMGM I'm rooting for Vegas out West. That's partially because of the awful shooting last fall, partially because I love an underdog, and partially because I love anything that upsets the O6 worship party.

I kind of feel the same way. I love underdogs and I can’t stand the Kings, especially Doughty.

GMGM is a jerk, though. A thoroughly dislikable character.

Let them win a round and then let them get crushed. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad