League News: 2017-2018 General NHL Fan Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
I think LA will wear them down physically and mentally. They're battle tested, they have the best forward and the best D of the two teams.

Kings have a lot of rookies and young players on their team that have not been through the wars. Las Vegas does have players with playoff experience. So, I think that’s a wash.

Home ice and better coaching for Las Vegas puts them over the top, IMHO.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Hey guys, flyers are really bad, it's not a playoff team. So stop to say that we have no chance against the pens because they won g1 against the flyers

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I've read Mario wasn't any less god than Gretzky and maybe even better. Unfortunately, his health wasn't that good. Maybe karma exists and pays it back for Mario.

Now why would Caps bother to care? Need to smash Tortz first.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Hey guys, flyers are really bad, it's not a playoff team. So stop to say that we have no chance against the pens because they won g1 against the flyers

If the pens are handed an easy sweep it's only going to benefit them for the next round when they meet whoever wins what appears to be an inevitable tough 7 game series between CBJ/Caps.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
If the pens are handed an easy sweep it's only going to benefit them for the next round when they meet whoever wins what appears to be an inevitable tough 7 game series between CBJ/Caps.
This has always plagued the Capitals. They had a chance to sweep the Flyers 2 years ago, went 6 instead. Last year, the Caps won in 6, Pens in 5.

The Pens great players have an extra gear that our great players do not have. This year I don’t expect any difference.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
If you want to see a sliver lining in a potential easy series for the Pens is that the Flyers is showing the league that good goalies are super important not only in regular seasons, but the playoffs as well. Hopefully that will generate a lot of interest for our goalies and an opportunity to sell high.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Not sure if it would work in today's game or not.

Not sure why coaches don't at least try....

Especially coaches like Barry and Bruce that have close to 30 years of combined playoff failures, rolling power vs power

Largely ignoring the defensive prowess of certain players. Let's face it. A guy can get a guys number, get under his skin, get inside his head. Not a lot of that is gone in the modern game, but tactical coaching is not gone, and dare I think with the parity / coin flip games we see, coaching may be more important than ever.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
That's the story of his entire career! He plays like a grinder and the league shoves him down people's throats like he's the most incredible player that has ever lived. Idiots.
Because he does what it takes to win? I would argue that Crosby is the ultimate jack of all trades. If you haven't watched him score spectacular goals, then I don't know where you have been.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Only thing I don't like about VGK (besides GM) is that shiny gold stripe on their unis. TACKY!
Well, I mean, it IS Las Vegas. There's nothing classy about Las Vegas. It's defined by its unabashed golden tackiness!

Personally, I love how tacky the pre-game celebration was last night. That ridiculous neon helmet they skated through? Having JR crank the siren? The Tron-Reject Drum Line playing LED-lit drums in front of a cheap-looking castle prop? Vegas is all like, "THIS IS WHO WE ARE, AND WE OFFER NO APOLOGIES." The only thing it was missing was having an Elvis impersonator sing the national anthem.

Reactions: CapitalsCupFantasy

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
The f***ing Pens. Imagine being a fan of team where the games gets less stressful once the playoffs start. I have absolutely no idea what that's like.

Reactions: calicapsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad