2017-2018 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It looked to me like Evans tipped that PP goal, he was in front of the net and it looked like it was tipped but it may have been the defensmen in front of him. He had a solid game, but they are going to have to be better to beat Providence who has won a National Championship in the past few years while ND has never won one.

Hawkey with some big saves and his team played a great defensive game. His coached talked about how he's really stepped up of late, as he's now 7-2 over his last 9 with just 14 goals against. He faced that high powered offense from Clarkson twice early in the season and got smoked with 8 goals on 45 shots in the 2 games yet in a do or die he shuts them out. Tomorrow night should be a good one if he continues to play well, but if not he should be back for his Senior year as Providence should be a top team.

Sucks about SCSU, I only recall that happening 1 time before, when Holy Cross upset Minnesota in the 1 vs 16 game.

Reactions: Redux91

Ronharveyjr

Jan 16, 2018
It looked to me like Evans tipped that PP goal, he was in front of the net and it looked like it was tipped but it may have been the defensmen in front of him. He had a solid game, but they are going to have to be better to beat Providence who has won a National Championship in the past few years while ND has never won one.

Hawkey with some big saves and his team played a great defensive game. His coached talked about how he's really stepped up of late, as he's now 7-2 over his last 9 with just 14 goals against. He faced that high powered offense from Clarkson twice early in the season and got smoked with 8 goals on 45 shots in the 2 games yet in a do or die he shuts them out. Tomorrow night should be a good one if he continues to play well, but if not he should be back for his Senior year as Providence should be a top team.

Sucks about SCSU, I only recall that happening 1 time before, when Holy Cross upset Minnesota in the 1 vs 16 game.
What streams do you guys use to watch the ncaa games

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Today's NCAA matchups,

Michigan vs Northeastern - Should be a good game, 2 good teams, 2 good goalies. Northeastern has the top line in the NCAA so it will be about how they do and how Primeau plays. I think they can take this one.

Providence vs Notre Dame - I had ND going all the way although Denver winning it again wouldn't surprise me in the least. I thought Tech played a very good defensive game against what was the top team in the NCAA for much of the year. So tonight it's a battle of the goalies, Hawkey has been playing some of his best hockey and Morris who was the top goalie in the NCAA hasn't been as good since late in the season.

Should be a lot of fun to watch the Evans vs Hawkey matchup, winner goes to the Final Fours on April 5th.

What streams do you guys use to watch the ncaa games

I have all the espn channels so I just dvr them.

Jorma Heart

Sep 5, 2009
@iso jorkki Can you elaborate a little? Most of us don't get to see him play at all.
Start of the season he was by far the worst forward on the team, but now he's almost good. It's like he's learned how to play like a pro. If he'll gain some muscle offseason he will put up at least 30 points next season.

He's shot has always been NHL tier but other qualities not so much. To me Ikonen looks like a player who's gonna be top-9 scorer or euro star

Reactions: Locks and tooji

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
And Primeau is out. My Wolverines won....sorry. Didn't see the game at all. Not sure how Primeau was. Just saw the goals though....wasn't good on the 2nd one. Maybe a better position on the 3rd...

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
And Primeau is out. My Wolverines won....sorry. Didn't see the game at all. Not sure how Primeau was. Just saw the goals though....wasn't good on the 2nd one. Maybe a better position on the 3rd...

2nd goal was a bit soft but he took a ton of rubber.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Well no Jake Evans yet....ND is moving on. Beat Providence...scored a goal with 30 secondsn to go in the 3rd.

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004

I think Primeau would tell you he should have two of those goals. Wolverines shot a lot of pucks at the kid, but the real story was how Michigan kept the Huskies to the outside—not many quality chances for Northeastern, who were outshot 32-21.

The big line got a goal on the power play but were otherwise neutralized by Michigan.

So with all the Habs-in-waiting gone except for Evans, I guess I'm rooting for the Irish now. Last time I rooted for Notre Dame was when a skinny QB named Montana led South Bend's football team to an stirring comeback in the Cotton Bowl.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Well no Jake Evans yet....ND is moving on. Beat Providence...scored a goal with 30 secondsn to go in the 3rd.

Anyone seen Evans much? I know he can be a UFA Aug 15 but you'd have to think he'd have a good opportunity to play here. Does he project to be a top 6 C? Looked good from what I could see...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched both games, Primeau played well for much of the game, what a year for an 18 year old goalie. Next season is going to be very interesting since Northeastern will lose their big line.

I really liked Hawkey's game again, and can't fault him on the game winner as no way should the Notre Dame player have been wide open right in front of Hawkey. Too bad as I thought he might pull off a SO.

Evans with an assist, was great on Face-offs, I only recall him losing one although I may have missed a few. ND is back to the Frozen Fours, hope they can go all the way.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Anyone seen Evans much? I know he can be a UFA Aug 15 but you'd have to think he'd have a good opportunity to play here. Does he project to be a top 6 C? Looked good from what I could see...
More like bottom 6 with a chance to be a middle six center if he develops properly. He needs one or two years in the AHL to get stronger and faster, IMO

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

I don't know how "Breaking" the news is, but it is the smartest decision that he goes back for another year.

There was a small possibility that he'd go pro, even though I never believed he would personally. The team is going to have a good nucleus of seniors up front next year ( Jackson if he stays, Eyssimont, Lizotte, Newell ) so Poehling is going to be very well surrounded . I expect a 40+ points junior season and him turning pro after that, in 2019.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
There was a small possibility that he'd go pro, even though I never believed he would personally. The team is going to have a good nucleus of seniors up front next year ( Jackson if he stays, Eyssimont, Lizotte, Newell ) so Poehling is going to be very well surrounded . I expect a 40+ points junior season and him turning pro after that, in 2019.

His brother Jack has also been confirmed to return. And so has Jacob Benson. So they should have a good team next year, too. And we don't know yet if Robby Jackson will go back.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Playing in another WJC has to be part of that decision.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Playing in another WJC has to be part of that decision.
Probably, although he could turn pro and still go the WJC, it wouldn't necessarily be an issue. I think the decision really came down to him realizing that as much as he's progressed in his sophomore season there's still a lot of room for improvement .

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If I wanted to be right about Poehling, then going to the AHL at 19 would do that. Lefebvre would ensure any bit of offensive upside we've seen this year, would be killed.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Its the best decision at this point. He's still got some room to improve.

If he has a big season, he could be added to the NHL team after his junior season, late in 2019. But likely needs a year in AHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I wonder if Eyssimont turns pro and losing Schuldt will hurt as I assume he turns pro. They should be set in net at least.

Hope they get to keep the Jackson Poehling Brodzinski line together.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Great article about Poehling in the Athletic. Apparently he is the main puck carrier on his team and his possession numbers and zones entries are great.

Multidimensional offensive skills taking Ryan Poehling to...

I'm not a big stats guy so I don't look at possession numbers, zone entries, but yes he's a main driver of the offense as he rushes the puck up ice and can withstand the physical play to keep the puck. He's been very impressive this year, can't wait to see how he does next year.

Reactions: WinterLion

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I'm not a big stats guy so I don't look at possession numbers, zone entries, but yes he's a main driver of the offense as he rushes the puck up ice and can withstand the physical play to keep the puck. He's been very impressive this year, can't wait to see how he does next year.

Definitely one of the more exciting picks in awhile. I really liked him when I saw him at camp or whatever this summer. He is just exactly what the doctor ordered! Of course so many people were not happy with the pick around here!! :)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So Jake Evans and Notre Dame will face Michigan on the 5th at 8:30 pm on ESPN2. Whitesnake won't like to hear it but I do think ND can take this one, although it's a battle of 2 top goalies and two well coached teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad