2017-2018 Blues Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MU_Beerman

May 20, 2004
Surely Army can sell them on our lack of forward depth and a legit opportunity for them to make the roster. A couple of draft day trades wouldnt hurt that one bit.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Another goal by Stevens. Where else but in his office, right in front of the net.

Not a pretty goal, but we need goals like that.

I legitimately would not be opposed to Stevens and Foley getting a chance at 3rd line minutes next season.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Not a pretty goal, but we need goals like that.

I legitimately would not be opposed to Stevens and Foley getting a chance at 3rd line minutes next season.

I’ll just be glad when they’re signed. I’m going to be bummed if they become FA’s. What’s the date they have to be signed by?

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I’ll just be glad when they’re signed. I’m going to be bummed if they become FA’s. What’s the date they have to be signed by?

August 15 is the first day College grads to become UFA. Foley’s deadline is in 2019. But I think both get inked this year. Providence pretty much has to win the hockey east tournament in order to make the NCAA tourney. So if they don’t Blues could go ahead and sign Foley and he does an ATO on an AHL Team. Northeastern will more than likely make the big tournament.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Blais is either gonna be one of those guys who dominate the AHL for years but can never figure it out at the NHL Level or he will end up a solid 3rd liner. I don't see any other level for him.

converseman54

Apr 13, 2017
STL
Blais is either gonna be one of those guys who dominate the AHL for years but can never figure it out at the NHL Level or he will end up a solid 3rd liner. I don't see any other level for him.
I'm going to go with solid NHL 3rd liner borderline 2nd liner. Unless he's so injury prone he just can't stay at the NHL level long enough to produce. But I'm willing to bet he gets one more call up this year and he shows what he can do.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
If Blais could stay healthy he probably would have already won a RW spot on line 2 of 3. I’m hoping he gets another look and keeps his head on a swivel.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I’ve had high hopes for blais since I saw him play in the preseason - I think his upside is still high, as he has a high hockey IQ and good size (that he still needs to learn to use).

It’s only his second pro season, so I think he still has more developing to do and should be given more chances to adjust to the NHL. This will be a huge offseason for him.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I never really liked Blais when he was in the Q but he’s impressed me this season.

That said, I still question if he’ll have an NHL career. If I was Army and Blais was someone another GM liked as part of a deal, I’d trade him.

Reactions: Dbrownss and mk80

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I never really liked Blais when he was in the Q but he’s impressed me this season.

That said, I still question if he’ll have an NHL career. If I was Army and Blais was someone another GM liked as part of a deal, I’d trade him.

Yeah, we often talk about finding enough spots for breaking in Kostin/Kyrou/Thompson/Thomas over the next two years, but Blais and Barbashev also need ice time to develop or could be moved. Barbashev has had a disappointing year, and Blais has filled up the stat sheet in the A but has also battled injuries, and I dont think either was ready to be counted on in the NHL this year. The question is how quickly do they get passed by the other KKTT, if at all?

Schwartz, Steen, Tarasenko, Fabbri, Sobotka and Berglund under control for at least the next two years, so there are only 2-3 spots (depending on trades/free agency) for KKTTBB during that time. It might make sense to bundle a couple of those guys for more immediate help.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Who has the higher trade value if not the same, and who people would rather keep between Kostin vs. Thompson?

It's such a toss up for me... but I think i give the edge to Tage at this point cause i like that he's a RH shot and will be further in his development to match the core of this team.

Asking cause i think an offseason move will include one of these two and the Winn 1st.

Would love to hear others opinions on the two players H2H.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
It seems some of us are in a hurry to move the Winn 1st. Why don't we just keep it and stock up our prospects?
I'm not saying im for or against it, i can see both directions being beneficial. However, i am looking for informed opinions on the Kostin vs. Thompson question.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
It seems some of us are in a hurry to move the Winn 1st. Why don't we just keep it and stock up our prospects?

I agree. Personally I keep it, especially since it is looking more and more likely we won't fall into the top10 with our own pick and will have to forfeit it to Philly.

Granted if someone makes a great player available then I would explore it but it would have to meet pretty specific qualifications for me to pull the trigger.

Right Hand Shot
Right Winger or Center
Fits within our Core age or younger (25-29)
Has a decent contract.

Beyond someone putting that on the table I don't move the Winnipeg first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad