Lines in practice today:

Jaskin-Stastny-Steen
Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Sobotka-Sundqvist-Berglund
Upshall-Brodziak-Thorburn

Edmundson-Pietrangelo
Gunnarsson-Parayko
Dunn-Bouwmeester

I actually like those defensive pairs quite a bit.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Im fairly shocked Blais is already back out...unless its a minor injury.
I noticed Brodziak took Blais' spot on several shifts in the game against Anaheim. I thought Blais looked ok but Yeo probably saw something he didn't like.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Sundqvist has been good defensively. Ideally he's the 4th line center because his offense is a black hole.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I noticed Brodziak took Blais' spot on several shifts in the game against Anaheim. I thought Blais looked ok but Yeo probably saw something he didn't like.

I think it's his play when he doesn't have the puck. I see him coast to spots that don't help anybody. Once he figures where he needs to be in the system he will be a regular.

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Yeah, Blais is a little lost without the puck which is fine. He'll figure it out. D pairs look good to me. Jaskin on the top line sheesh, hope he looks good there.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I really think Sundqvist is in there more for the PK. I'd have personally rather seen Thorburn sit if they're plugging people in for PK reasons. I understand why they want some physicality vs the Kings but I don't know that Thorburn starting is necessary. Jaskin has been playing very well and he had some of his best success on Stastny's wing, so I think that's a good thing to try, although I would swap Steen and Jaskin as far as wing spots.

EDIT: Yeo also said, and forgive me, I don't remember who quoted him, JR or Korac, but he also said that Sundqvist is at C because he doesn't have much experience on the wing. That's why Berglund is on the wing.

I still would have rather seen Sundqvist down with Brodziak and Upshall, and kept Blais in there with Berglund and Sobotka. Playing with 21 and 71 would have benefited Blais even more. Sundqvist needs to start improving his face-off% if he's going to get any more shots at C.

Last edited:

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
He’s playing the game too slowly. It stood out to me. But I don’t see how that will get better without playing more. I bet he plays again soon.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I can’t ever remember a defenseman as scarred to shoot the puck on net as Bouwmeester. Every single shot he takes is a slap pass attempt to another player. I’ve never seen anything like it. I’ve never seen a NHL defenseman seem almost scared to create any offense. I’ve seen defensemen that were really bad at creating offense but at least they tried. When Bouwmeester gets the puck with time and space in the offensive zone he looks like he’s so out of his element he doesn’t know what to do. It looks like he’ll just drop his stick and take off skating the other way.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
With Seattle getting the funding approved today for the arena, this next expansion draft is going to hurt way more than losing Perron.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I could see the Blues going 8 skaters 1 goalie. Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko-Fabbri?-Pietrangel0-Edmundson-Parayko-Dunn-Allen, But that still leaves way too many players to possibly be picked from. Our biggest hope is it takes place after the 2018-2019 season with Houston being the Expansion team. And Seattle being the relocation team.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Don't know if I'm a fan of the current lines we have. Steen shouldn't be at RW and Vladdy should be with Schwartz/Schenn, also don't like Jaybo with Petro at the moment. What about this setup?

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Sobotka-Stastny-Blais
Steen-Berglund-Paajarvi
Upshall-Brodz-Jaskin

Eddy-Petro
Gunnar-Parayko
Bouwmeester-Bortz

This way Steen can be LW and can bring some offense to the third line, don't know if Blais is ready for top 6 time but what the hell why not try it at least? Jaybo goes to the third pairing to knock the rust off against lesser competition and hopefully get's some confidence going. If not the third pairing spot then at least put Jaybo with Parayko.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012

As expected, contract negotiations with Armstrong have begun.
Not sure if I'm with or against this. He's had his ups (Schenn trade, Tarasenko signing, Petro signing) and downs (Lehtera signing, Steen, Oshie trade return). As long as it's not a crazy extension (4+ years), I think I'm ok with it. Let's see how some of his new prospects pan out along with any deals he makes with them, trades or contracts.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
With Seattle getting the funding approved today for the arena, this next expansion draft is going to hurt way more than losing Perron.
What makes you say that? It depends how soon, but there will probably be several exempt young players. Worst case scenario, the Blues can make a deal to protect a play they don't want to lose. Eh, I don't see any reason it would be any more problematic than last time.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Not sure if I'm with or against this. He's had his ups (Schenn trade, Tarasenko signing, Petro signing) and downs (Lehtera signing, Steen, Oshie trade return). As long as it's not a crazy extension (4+ years), I think I'm ok with it. Let's see how some of his new prospects pan out along with any deals he makes with them, trades or contracts.
Id rather DA not be in the hot seat this year. He's done a good job franshise wise. As long as he's got his Oshie for meh out of his system, he's fine moving forward. We really need the next wave to hit the ground running or a big franchise shifting trade.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Fine with DA getting a contract extension. I think as a whole he's been a net positive for the organization. Besides, GM contracts, like coaches contracts, are pretty meaningless because if things turn south they can always be fired. The ownership group still has to eat that money, but I doubt that's going to stop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad