2017-2018 Blues Discussion Thread Part Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
That's awesome. Pretty good fight for two dudes you wouldn't expect to drop the gloves. Schenn goes into rock-em-sock-em robot mode there for like 5 seconds. Like the commentator said "it's a good thing some of those punches haven't landed"

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Here from Sabres board.

How has Parayko looked? He can bomb em' and last time I read on espn, he has 10 points in his last 10 outings

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Don't look now, but Jaskin is turning into a serviceable bottom 6 player. He's hard to play against, and has been involved in scoring chances more regularly. If he winds up being a 4th line regular who slides up occasionally, I'd be pretty happy with that.
He's definitely been the best of the "revolving door" players we have had so far this year. He looks like he's finally taken that step, he's been driving to the net more like he did in juniors/AHL rather than just being pushed to the boards on a rush.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
He's definitely been the best of the "revolving door" players we have had so far this year. He looks like he's finally taken that step, he's been driving to the net more like he did in juniors/AHL rather than just being pushed to the boards on a rush.

It's like PRV and Jaskin can't both be reliable at the same time. Remember at the end of last season when PRV looked like a legit 3rd liner using his speed to get in and disrupt plays on the forecheck and Jaskin looked like hot garbage? It looked like PRV had finally turned the corner and now he is back to being meh, while Jaskin is looking like the legit 3rd liner (minus the whole speed thing).

Reactions: shpongle falls

aceoutdoor

Jun 7, 2012
So with Hutton out for roughly a week, do we see Husso get his first NHL start in one of the back to backs this weekend?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
It would not surprise me to see him Sunday against the Sabres.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I hope Husso gets the start at home vs the Sabres. But with game in Detroit being so early. Yeo might think Allen is rested enough. But Blues need to see how Husso looks in case Allen or Hutton goes down for an extended period of time. Plus if Blues play well in Detroit, Sabres game can be seen as a trap game and Husso will more then likely bring his A game and it will be needed when the Blues show up late again to the game.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
I hope Husso gets the start at home vs the Sabres. But with game in Detroit being so early. Yeo might think Allen is rested enough. But Blues need to see how Husso looks in case Allen or Hutton goes down for an extended period of time. Plus if Blues play well in Detroit, Sabres game can be seen as a trap game and Husso will more then likely bring his A game and it will be needed when the Blues show up late again to the game.
Husso fresh off an injury and played Tuesday for the Rampage. Really hope management just gives him the game against Buffalo. Allen could of course play both games but I feel like Husso has earned at least a single start.

Reactions: PiggySmalls

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I 100% want Husso in net this weekend. I've been pretty vocal about my opinion that we are riding Jake too hard this year. He is finally back to a 65 start pace after being closer to 70 for a while.. That Buffalo game is not only the tail end of a back to back, it is also the 3rd game in 4 nights and we travel between the two games. We also have a very busy rest of the month. After that back to back, we have one day off before playing 4 games in a 6 day stretch. We're in the middle of a 13 day stretch where we play 8 games. Including last night, we play 5 games in an 8 day stretch while Hutton might be out.

That's just way too much to ask of Allen in December. He needs to take one of those nights off and the tail end of a back to back, at home and against the worst team in hockey is by far the best time to put in your untested prospect.

Reactions: PiggySmalls

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I concur that I want to see Husso start Sunday. Posted as much in a different thread. Good analysis by Brian et al as to why. Let's see what Husso has at the NHL level, and let's not ride Jake any harder due to Hutton's injury than we already were when Hutts was healthy.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I'd like to see Husso in for a game as well. Let's see what he's got.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
“I sat next to (Vladimir) Tarasenko, and he and (Vladimir) Sobotka were asking me how to spell 'scissors' because they were confused on the spelling. They were calling it 'caesar,' like Caesar salad, and I was just like, 'No, it's scissors.' They just talked to me like I was just one of the guys.”

This is from Tyler Stewart, the emergency back-up goalie who helped take warm-ups last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad