Injury Report: 2017-18 thread: first of many

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
There is a rumor floating around twitter that this weekend it is expected to examinate Eaves closer and that there is a chance him coming back depending of how long our season goes and that regardless, he should play at the very least next season.
As much as I saw the rumor was started by '"Bring Hockey Back'' crew (the ones selling t-shirts). They do not reveal their sources. Generally they are doing a very good job with their business and I don`t seem them as someone who would do clickbaits for some social media gain, at all.

So I will keep some hope open in my head.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
There is a rumor floating around twitter that this weekend it is expected to examinate Eaves closer and that there is a chance him coming back depending of how long our season goes and that regardless, he should play at the very least next season.
As much as I saw the rumor was started by '"Bring Hockey Back'' crew (the ones selling t-shirts). They do not reveal their sources. Generally they are doing a very good job with their business and I don`t seem them as someone who would do clickbaits for some social media gain, at all.

So I will keep some hope open in my head.
I have read similar rumors as well. I wonder if that is the case that they think he may come back is why BM was quiet at the deadline. Its probably because the team hasn't shown much but makes you wonder.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I have read similar rumors as well. I wonder if that is the case that they think he may come back is why BM was quiet at the deadline. Its probably because the team hasn't shown much but makes you wonder.
It can`t NOT be a factor in his decisions, if true. But, I would look at TD seperately - we were playing like utter crap just before that. Even in the rumors it is said that it MIGHT be IF we play long enough. We would still have to get to that point.
I completely supported Murrays decision to not spend much at TD before knowing about this rumor.

EDIT: apparently it spreaded from some sort of Sason Ticket Holders event - were there one recently?
And it is about examining him this weekend that will spread some more light on him and that there is a possiblity.

I think we shouldn`t keep our hopes up too much but this is certainly at least positive news if they are in this position to do that.

Last edited:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
It can`t NOT be a factor in his decisions, if true. But, I would look at TD seperately - we were playing like utter crap just before that. Even in the rumors it is said that it MIGHT be IF we play long enough. We would still have to get to that point.
I completely supported Murrays decision to not spend much at TD before knowing about this rumor.

EDIT: apparently it spreaded from some sort of Sason Ticket Holders event - were there one recently?
And it is about examining him this weekend that will spread some more light on him and that there is a possiblity.

I think we shouldn`t keep our hopes up too much but this is certainly at least positive news if they are in this position to do that.

Anybody who thinks Bob is going to start leaking serious medical stuff like this at events like that needs to give their head a shake.

I'm sure Eaves would like to come back. So far he hasn't even attempted practicing with the team. And people think he's going to somehow return and help lead the team to a Stanley cup after missing all year?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Anybody who thinks Bob is going to start leaking serious medical stuff like this at events like that needs to give their head a shake.

I'm sure Eaves would like to come back. So far he hasn't even attempted practicing with the team. And people think he's going to somehow return and help lead the team to a Stanley cup after missing all year?
So several people all misheard him?

We are at the start of March. He is already skating on his own. I`m not a doctor but I`m sure he can still theoretically join the team and play if we get far enough. That is why he apparently will get further examined by the end of this week.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
So several people all misheard him?

We are at the start of March. He is already skating on his own. I`m not a doctor but I`m sure he can still theoretically join the team and play if we get far enough. That is why he apparently will get further examined by the end of this week.

I've seen several people all over HF (many times) comment on a linked article and totally misrepresent what was said/written because they didn't understand grammar or context or both. So far all we have are a couple of people claiming their own interpretation of something Bob supposedly said at a STH meeting and seeing it get spread via the internet. Nothing is in writing and nothing has been reported through any team media. Just a couple of people on the internet potentially getting way ahead of themselves.

Given the seriousness of Eaves' illness, and given how secretive this team is on basic simple injuries, I'm not believing anything regarding Eaves health until it is channeled through a so called confirmed source. I'm sure he wants to come back. I'm sure he's "working towards" it. But he doesn't have a typical sports injury. He has a potential life threatening, incurable, autoimmune disease that can cause permanent damage to his nerves, and his sports career and comeback is not what doctors are focused on by a long shot.

I'm as hopeful as anybody that he gets well and is able to return to sports. I'm just not ready to buy into unsubstantiated rumors regarding a situation as sever as this.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I've seen several people all over HF (many times) comment on a linked article and totally misrepresent what was said/written because they didn't understand grammar or context or both. So far all we have are a couple of people claiming their own interpretation of something Bob supposedly said at a STH meeting and seeing it get spread via the internet. Nothing is in writing and nothing has been reported through any team media. Just a couple of people on the internet potentially getting way ahead of themselves.

Given the seriousness of Eaves' illness, and given how secretive this team is on basic simple injuries, I'm not believing anything regarding Eaves health until it is channeled through a so called confirmed source. I'm sure he wants to come back. I'm sure he's "working towards" it. But he doesn't have a typical sports injury. He has a potential life threatening, incurable, autoimmune disease that can cause permanent damage to his nerves, and his sports career and comeback is not what doctors are focused on by a long shot.

I'm as hopeful as anybody that he gets well and is able to return to sports. I'm just not ready to buy into unsubstantiated rumors regarding a situation as sever as this.
Yeah it`s not official that is why it is a rumor like I stated. But I haven`t seen much interpretation, all people are saying pretty much the same here, on reddit and on twitter.
And if they really examine by the end of weekend we might have something in writing like you want. It was just stated that there IS a possibility he`s coming back, not that he will come back for sure.

Look, there`s no point in going back and forth on such a thing. Let`s wait next week

Reactions: Johnny Caravella

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
When you are using bring hockey back as a source there's no legs.... That's my friends company I used to play hockey with lol if you want gear from them I can get you a coupon code tho lol

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He was not the only one ''confirming'' it, I have noticed since. But whatever let`s rest this case

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

Considering Stephens is really our only media source, we won't hear anything on this until the team says something about it. He won't ask that question. I think he gave a fan shit for even asking it earlier this year.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Considering Stephens is really our only media source, we won't hear anything on this until the team says something about it. He won't ask that question. I think he gave a fan **** for even asking it earlier this year.
Yeah, I don't disagree that we have no media to speak of. We're always dealing with that. But Eaves' biggest medical concern for now is quality of life. Not a whole lot unlike the Despres situation. And you know how talkative Bob was about that situation.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Yeah, I don't disagree that we have no media to speak of. We're always dealing with that. But Eaves' biggest medical concern for now is quality of life. Not a whole lot unlike the Despres situation. And you know how talkative Bob was about that situation.

I agree that the most important thing is he lives a happy life, but I don't agree with the notion that it's wrong to ask if playing this year was/is a possibility. Some are scared to ask the question, and I think that's stupid.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I agree that the most important thing is he lives a happy life, but I don't agree with the notion that it's wrong to ask if playing this year was/is a possibility. Some are scared to ask the question, and I think that's stupid.
I never said that no one should ask. I only doubted that Bob was going to leak anything substantial. Hell, if I were there I'd have grilled him for details. :laugh:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I never said that no one should ask. I only doubted that Bob was going to leak anything substantial. Hell, if I were there I'd have grilled him for details. :laugh:

I getcha. Sorry I wasn’t referring to you specifically. I just don’t agree with our media’s belief that it’s wrong ask about that, even if Bob won’t answer it

Reactions: Johnny Caravella

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Thinking about it, it may have been Lisa Dillman who got upset about it, not Stephens. Still doubt Stephens would even ask though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad