I can see dead people

source.gif

Reactions: cgf and McMetal

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Sven coming back would be huge. As would Kamenev coming back...

Ugh, why did EJ have to go down with his injury when he did. I really think this team, with Sven, Kam, and EJ in the lineup would have cruised into the playoffs down the stretch. It's actually kind of amazing we've maintained in the race as long as we have with the injuries we've went through.

Sven can get annoying at times when he's playing soft and not using his speed. But when he's playing his game he's a really good 2nd line Winger, good puck distributor and a guy who creates chances for his linemates and for himself with his speed. He's actually a solid possession guy for this team as well.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Ghetto has been out so long without really skating/conditioning that I would have concerns that he's going to struggle for a while, especially considering how dependent he is upon his quickness. Sucks because we need more depth scoring.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Injuries definitely suck. If we were fully healthy we'd look like:

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Compher-Jost-Kerfoot
Andrighetto-Kamenev-Wilson
Nieto-Soderberg-Comeau

EJ-Zads
Barrie-Barbs
Girard-Nemeth

Something like that. Not exactly world beaters but better no doubt.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
My assumption of "ass splinters" for Hammond is a much better excuse than someone somehow hitting him on the face with a stick hard enough to injure him.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Sven coming back would be huge. As would Kamenev coming back...

Ugh, why did EJ have to go down with his injury when he did. I really think this team, with Sven, Kam, and EJ in the lineup would have cruised into the playoffs down the stretch. It's actually kind of amazing we've maintained in the race as long as we have with the injuries we've went through.

Sven can get annoying at times when he's playing soft and not using his speed. But when he's playing his game he's a really good 2nd line Winger, good puck distributor and a guy who creates chances for his linemates and for himself with his speed. He's actually a solid possession guy for this team as well.

Yeah, it's really unfortunate

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The pregame show just gave some more details on Hammond. Apparently, it happened while he was on the bench during the Calgary game, a player got checked into the Avs bench during play and that was how he got the stick to the head. So just a freak accident.

Still, how typical is it of this season that a player managed to get injured during a game despite having not spent a second on the ice?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Still, how typical is it of this season that a player managed to get injured during a game despite having not spent a second on the ice?

I remember Pascal Leclaire getting hurt when he got nailed with an errant puck while sitting on the bench. That's about the closest I can think of. That guy took the term "injury prone" to an entirely new level.

Reactions: cgf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad