Injury Report: 2017-18 Season: Varly out Reg season, EJ out 6-8 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It's sad watching MacK slide down the scoring leaders chart...who's ready for a full off-season of "he's not elite, he only had a hot streak for half-a-season...sample size, bro!" takes? Shoot me in the head.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
MacK will come back and still win the art ross. People will still argue it was unsustainable, but c'est la vie

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Wanna hear something crazy. If Mackinnon comes back Wednesday and continues his scoring pace, that average would work out to 95 points in 76 games on the season. Kucherov is the only player on pace to break 100.

viach

Aug 5, 2007
I think he is going to be back in home game. So, Canadians or Oilers.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I saw some twitter chat that he was taking slap shots back in Colorado. The Montreal game will be 2 weeks + 1 day. But if there's any risk of injuring it further I'd sit him. Future Mack isn't worth risking for this development year, but I have a feeling Sakic/Mack don't think that way.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I saw some twitter chat that he was taking slap shots back in Colorado. The Montreal game will be 2 weeks + 1 day. But if there's any risk of injuring it further I'd sit him. Future Mack isn't worth risking for this development year, but I have a feeling Sakic/Mack don't think that way.
There's a risk of getting injured every match. You can't try and protect him just cause you're afraid he might get hurt again. If he's ready to go, you play him.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
There's a risk of getting injured every match. You can't try and protect him just cause you're afraid he might get hurt again. If he's ready to go, you play him.

There's a difference between playing a physical sport and risking injury and coming back too early from an injury and risking injuring it even further. Especially in what was supposed to be a throw away season.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
There's a difference between playing a physical sport and risking injury and coming back too early from an injury and risking injuring it even further. Especially in what was supposed to be a throw away season.

That's the point man. It was "suppose" to be a development (not throw away ... how dare you dear sir) season - and it still is. But with the Avs fighting for a playoff spot it's now also a "we can make it" season. And what a suprise that would be ...

And everybody knows that we need our MacAttack to accomplish that. Getting him back a week early even if he's not at 100% increases our chances. Simple. We have to trust our medical stuff ( i hate even saying that ) on this one. This is simply not the time we can afford to give him "some extra days" - for us it's playoff hockey allready and we need him on the ice.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
That's the point man. It was "suppose" to be a development (not throw away ... how dare you dear sir) season - and it still is. But with the Avs fighting for a playoff spot it's now also a "we can make it" season. And what a suprise that would be ...

And everybody knows that we need our MacAttack to accomplish that. Getting him back a week early even if he's not at 100% increases our chances. Simple. We have to trust our medical stuff ( i hate even saying that ) on this one. This is simply not the time we can afford to give him "some extra days" - for us it's playoff hockey allready and we need him on the ice.

I 100% agree with you, assuming they're not taking an even bigger long-term risk with Mack. We'll never know, so if he hits the ice we have to trust the team doctors and assume the risk is not too great. From everything I've read/watched Mack seems to have bounced back pretty quick so it doesn't seem too bad.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Is there any info on Comeau? I think the team is missing him, particularly on the PK.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
How did Mack even hurt himself on that Elder hit? I watched it a few times, did he tweak his shoulder or did he actually manage to hit something with it?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I still think Edler played that a bit dirty. But Mack needs to learn to keep his **** together.

Edler is kinda dirty, but I don’t think he played that particular play dirty. He saw a guy coming in and raised his shoulder, nothing dirty there from what I could see unless there was an elbow I didn’t see. Technically you’re not supposed to hit a guy without the puck but we see examples of that all the time.

However, yeah, I agree and I’ve said before that Nate has a little more maturation to go before he truly can embrace greatness. Hopefully this ends up being a valuable but not too costly lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad