2017-18 San Antonio Rampage (AHL) and Colorado Eagles (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
His poise is sometimes similar to Statsny but perhaps more of a power forward type, not sure yet.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Shades of who? Is it supposed to be Cliche because I saw a lot of ROR-esque on that play? Reading the situation, having his head up, and preforming a solid backhand sauce to an open area where he timed it perfectly for Agozzino.
Foppa. But I said Cliche to make it a funny.

Reactions: Grackle Party

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
His poise is sometimes similar to Statsny but perhaps more of a power forward type, not sure yet.
My comparison too but not exactly sure , need more viewings but wouldn't a Stastny like be something

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
If things go well he can become an Anisimov/Soderberg, but lets see his game translate to the NHL before we start penciling him in on a scoring line.

If all things go well he will become a first liner, we will see when he is 25 year old.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
EV likes his players a little ornery. Unless Kamenev got full Radulov, I don't foresee any issues.

Well he's already had a Rads moment when he intentionally chopped a penalty box officials hand with a broken stick at the WJC.

Not saying for sure there will be issues. He may have matured recently, but it'll be something to keep an eye on.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Well he's already had a Rads moment when he intentionally chopped a penalty box officials hand with a broken stick at the WJC.

Not saying for sure there will be issues. He may have matured recently, but it'll be something to keep an eye on.

One incident doesn't ruin a player (and I'm well aware of the incident)... it was also out of character for the kid. The Rads part was TIC. Rads is actually very coachable himself. EV has a history with players that have a competitive streak like Kamenev, and he tends to favor those types. Don't make a mountain out of a very small molehill that was 2 years ago.

Reactions: cgf

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

Intentionally?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
One incident doesn't ruin a player (and I'm well aware of the incident)... it was also out of character for the kid. The Rads part was TIC. Rads is actually very coachable himself. EV has a history with players that have a competitive streak like Kamenev, and he tends to favor those types. Don't make a mountain out of a very small molehill that was 2 years ago.

I'm not making a mountain out of a molehill, not sure why you would characterize an axe chopping assault on an official as such. It's not just one incident either, He takes bad penalties every now and then and has a bit of a temper. Not that this is always a terrible thing. Forsberg had a temper and took a few bad penalties, and he was my favorite player ever.

I'm also saying there might not be any issues, and he might have matured.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Intentionally?

Well intentionally I think he was going for the clipboard in the official's hand, you can see him look at it and swing at it with the stick he already broke, which is pretty dangerous. It cut the guys hand open pretty good, and according to the IIHF report gave him a hematoma for thee weeks. Whether that's an exaggeration or not, to ensure a suspension I don't know.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Dang. Talk about a dumbass moment. I thought he just wildly swung at the bench or lip of the boards or something like that.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Dang. Talk about a dumbass moment. I thought he just wildly swung at the bench or lip of the boards or something like that.

It was a bad moment, but just to be clear I'm not saying he's doomed or anything like that. Most likely that will be by far the worst incident of his career. It's more the bad penalties that I'm saying are something to keep an eye on. That can keep you out of the NHL, unless you are lighting it up offensively. Maybe he's matured and has that under control though.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It was a bad moment, but just to be clear I'm not saying he's doomed or anything like that. Most likely that will be by far the worst incident of his career. It's more the bad penalties that I'm saying are something to keep an eye on. That can keep you out of the NHL, unless you are lighting it up offensively. Maybe he's matured and has that under control though.

You know who else is somewhat undisciplined? Evgeni Malkin

I also appreciated Forsberg's loss of control at times. I can handle it when the player actually contributes. I've never once had that much of a problem with anything Landeskog has done either, and I know there a plenty of people here who think he is way to out of control at times.

Hmm... This team was at it's best when they had Roy, Forsberg, Foote, etc. Claude Lemieux? This fan base shouldn't really shun players who have emotions.

When your name is Blake Comeau, and you take stupid penalties while doing nothing else, you can f*** right off.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden

I also appreciated Forsberg's loss of control at times. I can handle it when the player actually contributes. I've never once had that much of a problem with anything Landeskog has done either, and I know there a plenty of people here who think he is way to out of control at times.

Hmm... This team was at it's best when they had Roy, Forsberg, Foote, etc. Claude Lemieux? This fan base shouldn't really shun players who have emotions.

When your name is Blake Comeau, and you take stupid penalties while doing nothing else, you can **** right off.

I really liked when Forsberg and Claude Lemieux was on the ice together, two gritty winners, clutch.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

When your name is Blake Comeau, and you take stupid penalties while doing nothing else, you can **** right off.

Nothing wrong with a little cray just don't go Steve Downie. Somewhere between Forsbergs hate to lose and Downies crazy is where I want Kamenev. Hell its where I want everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad