2017-18 San Antonio Rampage (AHL) and Colorado Eagles (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Anyone in the know want to post a current depth chart for the Eagles next year? Seems like we actually have a fairly good sized incoming class.

Lewis, Timmins, Shyv, Barron, who else?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Anderson & Dickinson coming in as well.

I’m probably going to spend the next few hours struggling through Bay Area traffic. But could take a whack at one tonight if no one gives it a shot before I get in front of my laptop

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraAcesS

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I hope he gets signed to the AHL Eagles next season. A 22 year old with hands like that deserves a longer look for sure.

Reactions: Avsrule2022

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Has there been any word on Smirnov’s plans for next year? I know that his illness kept him from having the season we all wanted, but I’m still not sure that another college season actually gets him any more prepared to make the jump to the AHL than he already is. With the young talent we’re already going to be sending to Loveland he’d be another nice fit.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Has there been any word on Smirnov’s plans for next year? I know that his illness kept him from having the season we all wanted, but I’m still not sure that another college season actually gets him any more prepared to make the jump to the AHL than he already is. With the young talent we’re already going to be sending to Loveland he’d be another nice fit.

Since he's by no means close to a surefire NHL player, he might be wanting to finish his degree in case the hockey thing doesn't work out for him beyond some tier-2 Euro league.

(This sounds a lot more harsh than I mean it to, just analyzing it logically)

Reactions: McMetal

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Since he's by no means close to a surefire NHL player, he might be wanting to finish his degree in case the hockey thing doesn't work out for him beyond some tier-2 Euro league.

(This sounds a lot more harsh than I mean it to, just analyzing it logically)

Eh. Even if his skating prevents him from ever cracking the NHL at his size, his creativity & skill should lead to a lucrative KHL career at the very least. So I dunno how worried he should be about his financial future.

Unless he’s enjoying himself in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by rolling hills full of meth labs, or he thinks Penn state is the best place for him to take that next step; I’m not sure I see the rationale for not turning pro if the Avs are offering him an ELC now.

Last edited:

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO

Horrible, awful 2 and a half periods of hockey. The 2nd half of the third and OT was one of the most exciting things I have ever seen. Colorado had no business winning this game or the series, but sometimes that's just the way it goes. 7th finals appearance in 15 years for the Eagles. Can't ask for more than that.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Horrible, awful 2 and a half periods of hockey. The 2nd half of the third and OT was one of the most exciting things I have ever seen. Colorado had no business winning this game or the series, but sometimes that's just the way it goes. 7th finals appearance in 15 years for the Eagles. Can't ask for more than that.

Oh I beg to differ! :rant:

How about anywhere from 8-15 finals appearances in 15 years!?!?

:sarcasm:

Reactions: Avsrule2022

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Be reasonable buddy, they're not the german NT :yo:
giphy.gif

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Greeneville and Norfork are the only two teams that don't have some affiliation at the moment, but there are only 27 teams. I'd venture to guess the Avs will share an affiliation (some rumors they will share Tulsa), or roll without one for the season. Then a new team pops up in 2019.
Tulsa would be good. Direct flights to Denver.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Who's the Florida Everblades' 2nd leading scorer in the playoffs you ask? One Mitchell Heard :eek: "Just" a 2nd-rounder, but that one still piss me off :mad:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The best logos in sports or the most iconic ones are logos/designs that do not have the team name with it's brand. You can name the logo without even needing a second look such as are the Red Wings, Blackhawks, Blues, Dallas Cowboys, Fighting Irish, Hartford Whalers, New York Yankees, and others. I get it that the Colorado Eagles are a minor league team, but their logo is so damn original that it doesn't need the whole stupid and busy "Colorado Eagles" below the actual eagle.

Eating paint chips > watching soccer. :nod:
You know I get this argument, but the hilarious aspect is that majority of the people who say this are also baseball fans which leaves me scratching my head. Futbal is a tactical game, it's similar to chess where pieces are moving and flowing across the board in a match. It isn't for everybody and that's totally fine, but it's a solid sport especially if you like in depth sports like that.

Reactions: MarkT

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The best logos in sports or the most iconic ones are logos/designs that do not have the team name with it's brand. You can name the logo without even needing a second look such as are the Red Wings, Blackhawks, Blues, Dallas Cowboys, Fighting Irish, Hartford Whalers, New York Yankees, and others. I get it that the Colorado Eagles are a minor league team, but their logo is so damn original that it doesn't need the whole stupid and busy "Colorado Eagles" below the actual eagle.

You know I get this argument, but the hilarious aspect is that majority of the people who say this are also baseball fans which leaves me scratching my head. Futbal is a tactical game, it's similar to chess where pieces are moving and flowing across the board in a match. It isn't for everybody and that's totally fine, but it's a solid sport especially if you like in depth sports like that.

I played both, both are awesome sports, and watching both is like watching flies f***.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad