2017-18 Roster Talk: Part Ten

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Problem is the other team doesn't want to cooperate, they'll take more chances to clear their D-zone, more stretch passes trying to get a player behind the defense, and so on. So to keep the pressure on, first you have to win the battles in your D-zone and get the puck to center ice, then you have to get it into the O-zone. If you can't win those battles, the pressing team will dump it in, attack the puck, gain possession and keep it in the D-zone. If you win those battles, then you can clear the puck and flip the ice.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Problem is the other team doesn't want to cooperate, they'll take more chances to clear their D-zone, more stretch passes trying to get a player behind the defense, and so on. So to keep the pressure on, first you have to win the battles in your D-zone and get the puck to center ice, then you have to get it into the O-zone. If you can't win those battles, the pressing team will dump it in, attack the puck, gain possession and keep it in the D-zone. If you win those battles, then you can clear the puck and flip the ice.

Best Friend, they are constantly winning those battles. Going down and giving the puck up immediately rather than pressuring and making them put up a meaningful fight for it in their own end means you're just going to immediately be back in your end again and again.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Make your points without personal attacks and putting down other posters.
Where did I make a personal attack? I specifically said the post was ignorant, not the poster. My exact words were "What an ignorant post." :laugh:

How many times will you cry about me "personally attacking" people when I specifically talk about the post instead of the poster? This is the third time now that you've embarrassed yourself by doing it. Each other time I asked you to quote where I made a personal attack... but then you never responded because you couldn't do it. Let's see if you respond this time...

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Serious question. Do we know why gudas is buried in the depth chart behind two worst dmen among the regulars? Was there any interview that alluded to his usage or something?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The top 4 really is a disaster. I don't know how they really expect to win games with that setup. I guess they expected Provorov to turn into Doughty overnight.

Dave is too worried about line matching and preventing goals, but he gives Gudas the fewest minutes. He's probably the best one at suppressing shots and limiting goals. It makes no sense.

Reactions: Rebels57

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
They have no choice. You know what scratch that. What does it matter? We’re not winning anyway.
That's a good point.

Thank you for correcting me. I'm just a stupid fan so obviously I don't know the reasons behind the coaches decisions. He wouldn't have been hired if he wasn't a genius. Shame on me for even questioning him.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Not that i think Hagg and AMAC are better options than Gudas but those 2 got less than a minute less than Gudas. So we are talking an extra 1 or 2 shifts.
Ghost got the fewest minutes among defenseman. That is the question that needs to be asked.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Not that i think Hagg and AMAC are better options than Gudas but those 2 got less than a minute less than Gudas. So we are talking an extra 1 or 2 shifts.
Ghost got the fewest minutes among defenseman. That is the question that needs to be asked.

Wasn't Ghost not even on the bench for almost half a period?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ghost missed most of the 2nd period due to a ding.
I think right now Gudas is tied to Sanheim, so his minutes are Sanheim ES + PK minutes.
Getting him more minutes requires double shifting him with someone else for now.
Last night there were a lot of PP minutes which reduced the ES minutes, and also screwed up some D rotations.

As Sanheim learns to play (another mindfart last night, kid needs to be hit on the side of the head with a 2x4), their minutes will increase.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Not talking about just this game.

Average ice time this year:
MacDonald - 20:50 (has now passed Ghost for 2nd most TOI/GP this season)
Hagg - 19:11
Gudas - 15:40

That's a massive problem. Hakstol is doing his best to tank this season.

Reactions: Tripod

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not talking about just this game.

Average ice time this year:
MacDonald - 20:50 (has now passed Ghost for 2nd most TOI/GP this season)
Hagg - 19:11
Gudas - 15:40

That's a massive problem. Hakstol is doing his best to tank this season.

I know you are being fecetious, but in case others didn't know that, he is not tanking, he is just a f***ing moron.

Reactions: Striiker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad