2017-18 Roster Talk: Part Ten

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The whole problem is Sanheim, he's physically the most talented D-man on the team, and second only to Myers in the organization.
When he turns it on, you see the potential behind his combination of size, speed and skill.

But mentally he's just so erratic, it's not that he makes mistakes, but that his mistakes are consistently doozies. [and yes, he got away with another bad gaffe last night).
I think Hakstol wants Gudas to "babysit" him for now, same reason I think MacDonald is with Provorov (we keep forgetting he's 20).
When Sanheim stops with the constant mindfarts, he's going to see his minutes approach 20 a game, and get 2nd PP time.
But right now, I don't blame any coach for being scared of playing him, he can win games for both teams in a single period!

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The whole problem is Sanheim, he's physically the most talented D-man on the team, and second only to Myers in the organization.
When he turns it on, you see the potential behind his combination of size, speed and skill.

But mentally he's just so erratic, it's not that he makes mistakes, but that his mistakes are consistently doozies. [and yes, he got away with another bad gaffe last night).
I think Hakstol wants Gudas to "babysit" him for now, same reason I think MacDonald is with Provorov (we keep forgetting he's 20).
When Sanheim stops with the constant mindfarts, he's going to see his minutes approach 20 a game, and get 2nd PP time.
But right now, I don't blame any coach for being scared of playing him, he can win games for both teams in a single period!
:laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:laugh::laugh: LOL :laugh::laugh:

I didn't mean to ever post this again, but you forced me...

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The Sanheim-hate is approaching Ghost-hate levels of ridiculousness.

Meanwhile, not a single bad word about the actual problems on the roster.

Defending Hakstol is all that matters. Reality be damned.

Reactions: Tripod and Rebels57

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Gudas should be playing 19-20 minutes like he did last year.

Neuvirth is ready to play, but doesn't know if he'll be activated for tomorrow.

Reactions: Striiker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What Sanheim hate?

I think he's more talented than Ghost and will end up a better defenseman, as he fills out, he'll be able to hold his own in the D-zone (right now he struggles in the board battles). He's faster than Ghost, and for a guy his size, moves really well through traffic with the puck.
But he's really erratic right now, something hopefully he'll work through as he gains experience.
And to deny that, you'd have to be freakin' blind, delusional or both.

You can appreciate the talent of a prospect, and still note that said prospect simply isn't NHL ready, right now.
One problem with a rebuild is living through your prospects growing pains.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
The Sanheim-hate is approaching Ghost-hate levels of ridiculousness.

Meanwhile, not a single bad word about the actual problems on the roster.

Defending Hakstol is all that matters. Reality be damned.

To be fair, its 2 or 3 that hate on Sanheim and those aren't serious accounts

Reactions: Striiker

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I got bored, so I did some CapFriendly GM stuff for next year.

Giroux-Couturier-Simmonds
Konecny-Patrick-Voracek
Leier-Laughton-Martel
Lindblom-Raff (Maybe?)-Weal
Weise

Provy-Gudas
Morin-Ghost
Sanheim-Myers
Friedman

Neuvy traded this year and AMac bought out.

PP1:
Giroux-Couts-Simmonds
Ghost-Voracek

PP2:
Konecny-Patrick-Martel
Provy-Sanheim

I really, really want Hak to consider having Provy and Sanheim on the blueline together on the PP. I was thinking of giving Frost another year in the OHL before making any sort of actual step into the NHL, even though he's been fantastic in OHL. I think the same should be done for Rubtsov and Vorobyov in their positions (another year in their leagues, or at least, both in the AHL).

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What Sanheim hate?

I think he's more talented than Ghost and will end up a better defenseman, as he fills out, he'll be able to hold his own in the D-zone (right now he struggles in the board battles). He's faster than Ghost, and for a guy his size, moves really well through traffic with the puck.
But he's really erratic right now, something hopefully he'll work through as he gains experience.
And to deny that, you'd have to be freakin' blind, delusional or both.

You can appreciate the talent of a prospect, and still note that said prospect simply isn't NHL ready, right now.
One problem with a rebuild is living through your prospects growing pains.

This.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/139217365/

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I got bored, so I did some CapFriendly GM stuff for next year.

Giroux-Couturier-Simmonds
Konecny-Patrick-Voracek
Leier-Laughton-Martel
Lindblom-Raff (Maybe?)-Weal
Weise

Provy-Gudas
Morin-Ghost
Sanheim-Myers
Friedman

Neuvy traded this year and AMac bought out.

PP1:
Giroux-Couts-Simmonds
Ghost-Voracek

PP2:
Konecny-Patrick-Martel
Provy-Sanheim

I really, really want Hak to consider having Provy and Sanheim on the blueline together on the PP. I was thinking of giving Frost another year in the OHL before making any sort of actual step into the NHL, even though he's been fantastic in OHL. I think the same should be done for Rubtsov and Vorobyov in their positions (another year in their leagues, or at least, both in the AHL).

Forget Martel, Hextall don't like smurfs, he has too many

Giroux-Couturier-xxxx [Simmons should be traded]
Raffl-Patrick-Voracek
Lindblom-Vorobyev-Konecny
Leier/Weal-Laughton-NAK or Laughton - MV - NAK
MV, Weise

Provy-Ghost
Sanheim-Gudas
Morin-Myers
Hagg

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I think next year will be something like this

Giroux--Couturier--Simmonds
Lindblom--Patrick--Voracek
Kane--Frost--Konecny
Laughton--Vorobyev--Raffl

Waiting for the hate on the Kane signing. And frost being 3c ahahha... just predictions

Last edited:
Reactions: Defect

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I haven't read one bad thing about Sanheim. I guess my ignore list is doing it's job.
Basically a few are claiming that he's way too erratic, untrustworthy, and prone to screw ups.

Meanwhile, the guys in the roster who actually should be described that way are defended by these same people.

Sanheims a rookie and rookies shouldn't be used a lot...unless you're Hagg, in which case your blocks, hits, and +/- mean you're fine.

Reactions: Stizzle

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Speaking of +/-...

Shoutout to anyone who wanted to act like a good +/- is a legitimate defense of Hagg.

By this same logic, turns out Ghost is equally as good defensively as Provorov, since they have identical +/-'s.

League leading P/GP for defensemen and Provorovs level of defense... must be one of the best players in the league. I wonder if the people who constantly bash him will change their minds in light of this information.

Reactions: Magua

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I think next year will be something like this

Giroux--Couturier--Simmonds
Lindblom--Patrick--Voracek
Kane--Frost--Konecny
Laughton--Vorobyev--Raffl

Waiting for the hate on the Kane signing. And frost being 3c ahahha... just predictions
I missed these. Don't ever change.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Speaking of +/-...

Shoutout to anyone who wanted to act like a good +/- is a legitimate defense of Hagg.

By this same logic, turns out Ghost is equally as good defensively as Provorov, since they have identical +/-'s.

League leading P/GP for defensemen and Provorovs level of defense... must be one of the best players in the league. I wonder if the people who constantly bash him will change their minds in light of this information.
Who is constantly bashing Ghost?

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Deadhead and hatcher
Calder runner up and clearly top ten offensive Dman in the league and maybe top 3 or 4 on the PP, great getting through the neutral zone, great anticipation. Don't see how anyone could dispute that. Is he Ivan Provorov on defense? No but certainly solid in awareness, gaps, stick etc. Is Getzlaff going to rag doll him in the corners ? Of course he rag dolls most defenders, Ghost he can do with one arm..

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad