2017-18 Roster Talk: Part Ten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I thought they might have loaned Alt back to the Phantoms, but with them going to Charlotte I guess they wanted to keep the current #7 close by.

I think Alt will have to go thru waivers to be sent down. He hasn't played 10 games, but according to my math he has been on the Flyers roster for 33 days: 12 days (October 30th thru November 10th) plus 21 days (November 22nd thru December 12th).

TheAHL.com

Exemptions

1. A player does not need to pass through waivers if the player has not been on the NHL active roster for a cumulative 30 days since last clearing waivers, and has not played in 10 or more NHL games. CBA Reference 13.2(b)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Maybe not good enough to start for a good team, but good enough for a bad team to claim on waivers.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Maybe Hextall will trade Manning when he's healthy to make room for Alt on the roster for the rest of the season.

Reactions: Rebels57

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Alt is good to have as the 8th or 9th d call up. Going into the season you want to have at least 9 d that you can trust to play and not mess everything up.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I think trading Gudas would be a mistake. It would not be too long after trading him that we felt the D and team as a whole needed a a gritty player... like Gudas.

This team is soft enough.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yep.

The scheme is well executed, they play great defense and protect an average goalie - imagine how Elloitt would be exposed in a wide open, less disciplined scheme.

Just need to add forward talent that can score. And we have that in droves, from the AHL to juniors/SHL/college. We don't need to add a bunch of superstars, just upgrade 3-4 forward spots and this becomes an above average offense.

I have a dream that someday Flyer fans will see 12 forwards on the ice who are legitimate NHL players . . .

Reactions: BernieParent

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Provorov-Ghost
Sanheim-Gudas

There you go, top 4 RD set. No trade needed.
I don't think Ghost is who I would want playing against the top lines every night. I would prefer Morin with Ghost at 5/6 and special teams. Maybe Myers will develop into a 1/2 but if I'm trying to build a champion, I would like a killer first pairing on D and we only have half of it imo.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm sure Hextall would be glad to eat salary for Weise, Lehtera, Read or MacDonald.
Since there's a good chance none will hit the ice (barring injuries) for the Flyers next year.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm sure Hextall would be glad to eat salary for Weise, Lehtera, Read or MacDonald.
Since there's a good chance none will hit the ice (barring injuries) for the Flyers next year.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Curufinwe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad