Prospect Info: 2017-18 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

just passing this along, didn't see it or anything.

• Penn State potted the equalizer using great puck movement during a second period power-play as senior Erik Autio (Espoo, Finland) dished to sophomore Denis Smirnov (Moscow, Russia) at the left circle and Smirnov slipped a beautiful pass through the slot to freshman Cole Hults (Stoughton, Wis.) and the rookie fired into the empty side of the net for the 1-1 score at 9:52 of the middle frame.
  • PSU responded as they took advantage of a pair of penalties by the Gee-Gees to score back-to-back power-play goals in a 1:35 span to pull even. Smirnov fired in the first goal during the 5-on-3 portion of the man-advantage as he skated into the left slot and fired far post picking the top right corner for the 3-2 score at 12:47 of the final period.
http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-hockey/recaps/100117aaa.html

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Our very own Cale Makar went +0 with no assists or goals in UMass's 1-0 opener this weekend! Figured it'd keep you guys updated. :)

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Last edited:

lowol

Nov 27, 2006
Yeah, about the Avs breakout woes: looks like we'll be able to just hand the puck to Makar and he'll take care of it.

I am incredibly impressed by his full package. UMass was a different team when he was on the ice. While he has amazing skating abilities and great hands, I am mostly impressed by his ability to process the game a few steps ahead, resulting in consistently smart and surprising plays. He is also surprisingly physical out there, knowing how to use his body to make a play. He's guilty of trying to do too much out there, but it's not necessarily a bad thing at this development stage.

I see all the tools that you'd want in a franchise defenseman.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Penn State live stream for tonight (5 MT):
http://www.saintsathletics.com/spor...ints-mens-hockey-broadcasts.aspx?path=mhockey

It looks like this game is only free when watched live. The Notre Dame game (same link as yesterday) is also at 5 MT, but it can be replayed later. The UMass game (same link as yesterday), which starts at 7 or 8 MT (probably 8 like yesterday) appears to be only available live as well though. So the games are going to overlap.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Lewis continued scoring last night. He's going to be a treat to watch, skilled and feisty. The way the offense comes together on that team, he's going to be involved in a lot of the scoring.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The prospects get top TOI in the AHL narrative needs to get blowtorched. Would be nice to have Beaudin sitting just so that Colborne and Vogelhuber get in a game. We are also playing three Blues prospects at forward tonight and not the best forward prospect we have down there right now. Please tell me more about how the AHL is a great situation for these guys.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's Ontario tonight so they are good for at least one injury out of this game. I know they'll be calling guys up from the echl in no time. Still, the idealism vs reality is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad