GDT: 2017-18 Other Games Around the League Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
If the Colorado/St. Louis game is tied in the closing minutes, I thinking we'll see the Avs pull their goalie for the extra man. Don't see that too often.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
If the Colorado/St. Louis game is tied in the closing minutes, I thinking we'll see the Avs pull their goalie for the extra man. Don't see that too often.

And they would need to. A ot win is just as bad as a regulation loss.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Don't care which of the 3 teams we get. Sharks can beat all of them when healthy, which means I'm rooting for health more than anything tonight, tue/wed, and beyond.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
That’s a real bad call. Good thing I’m rooting for the Avs, so I feel less bad about the Blues getting screwed.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Looked extremely close, had no clue. Different angles showed different conclusions.
If its that inconclusive, I'm fine with keeping the call on the ice.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Blues got screwed. That looked clearly offsides. Avs announcers have got to be the biggest homers in the league. They're unbearable.

Both the Avs and Blues are gonna get killed by Nashville. Avs missing Johnson and Blues missing Tarasenko.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Not sure if I agree with their call but maybe they had a better look than we did.

Back to the strap debacle, I thought the argument before was that even if your strap is broken, taking off your helmet was a safety issue making it still a penalty. That's why Stalock got called for it but I guess the criteria is different now because I've seen Allen do it a few times already.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
easily the worst announcers in the league

It annoys me to no end the Av's PBP pronounces the word "in" as though it has two syllables. For me the worst still goes to Buffalo's announcer who thinks he is watching soccer with his goal call that goes on and on until it sounds like he just passes out.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
It annoys me to no end the Av's PBP pronounces the word "in" as though it has two syllables. For me the worst still goes to Buffalo's announcer who thinks he is watching soccer with his goal call that goes on and on until it sounds like he just passes out.

I also can't stand Jack Edwards' calls. Abysmal homerism.

I remember liking the dallas PBP folks last time I watched their broadcast.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
What a ridiculous shot from Mackinnon. I can’t even blame Allen. I was deceived watching in slow motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad