GDT: 2017-18 Other Games Around the League Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I'm not sure what to root for tonight. I want to play the Ducks, but home ice is also pretty important.

Us playing the Ducks, period, IMHO. Not just so we play the Ducks, but more importantly, so that Expansion Team gifted a solid team by the NHL don't get an injury crippled opponent for their first playoff series.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Was looking at the standings and see that there is a way that the Pens could drop into a wild card spot. Really want to see that happen (Which would mean a first round series with the Caps, which is always fun to see), so they have a tough path to the SCF. Not thrilled by the possibility of them playing in three consecutive SCFs, let alone winning 3 in a row.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Us playing the Ducks, period, IMHO. Not just so we play the Ducks, but more importantly, so that Expansion Team gifted a solid team by the NHL don't get an injury crippled opponent for their first playoff series.

The other reason is that LA Vs. Vegas is a win win for everybody.

If LA loses to the expansion draft Golden Knights in their first season, they will be included in the Golden Knights highlight reel from now until the end of time and there will be maximum humiliation for them. And you know we will see that highlight package forever - everybody is going to be talking about the Golden Knights if they manage to win even one playoff series.

If LA beats the Golden Knights, then their "Cinderella season, it's such a great story!" Comes to a close and its over! It's done! And they f***ing lose! I would be so f***ing ecstatic to see that happen.

Of course, the most important part would be that we would be playing against the injury plagued Ducks who are already not a very strong team.

Reactions: ChompChomp

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
LA or Anaheim losing to Vegas is so not a big deal when you have Cup wins to remember fondly. Us losing to Vegas, even after one of them loses to them, would be far more embarrassing, imo.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
After losing the reverse sweep to the Kings a few seasons ago, I don't think Sharks fans will find, hypothetically, losing to the Knights all that embarrassing.

As to who, Ducks or Kings, it's probably more "6 of one, half dozen of the other", and home ice is probably preferable. I'd anticipate that's the view of the players.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
LA or Anaheim losing to Vegas is so not a big deal when you have Cup wins to remember fondly. Us losing to Vegas, even after one of them loses to them, would be far more embarrassing, imo.

The Ducks won a Cup in 2007. I can't tell you for sure how something would make me feel but personally, I feel like losing to a shitty expansion team in 2029 would hurt pretty bad, and whether or not we win a Cup this year isn't going to make the slightest impact as to whether or not that hurts.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
I really want no part of the Kings. I'd rather go to the wild card and face Vegas instead. Quick is gonna turn on god mode. Brown is gonna injure people and not get suspended and score game winners. It'll be infuriating. But I'm sure we'll end up facing the Kings.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The Ducks won a Cup in 2007. I can't tell you for sure how something would make me feel but personally, I feel like losing to a ****ty expansion team in 2029 would hurt pretty bad, and whether or not we win a Cup this year isn't going to make the slightest impact as to whether or not that hurts.

Oh I don't doubt that it'll hurt. Losing always sucks but it's easier to get over it when you have championships to look back on and it's very easy to point that out when the inevitable chest thumping matches start to happen when trash talking. lol

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I really want no part of the Kings. I'd rather go to the wild card and face Vegas instead. Quick is gonna turn on god mode. Brown is gonna injure people and not get suspended and score game winners. It'll be infuriating. But I'm sure we'll end up facing the Kings.

we'll just call up Mashinter for one game to give him a Tony Twist special

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
If the Sharks lose tomorrow they get the 1WC? And play Vegas, hah they better win

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
If the Sharks lose tomorrow they get the 1WC? And play Vegas, hah they better win

That's only if our loss is in regulation and both LA and Anaheim also win. If any one of the 3 California teams lose in OT/SO tomorrow we are guaranteed a divisional spot. If we are the team that loses in OT we are guaranteed home ice.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I'm rooting for Chaos today, meaning go Rangers, Panthers, and Colorado Avalanche. Also, if the Sharks don't get a point tonight I will be really disappointed.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I'm rooting for Chaos today, meaning go Rangers, Panthers, and Colorado Avalanche. Also, if the Sharks don't get a point tonight I will be really disappointed.

Really disappointed? Props for the moderation.

Just look at the GDT of the last game we lost. This board is going to melt down if we don't win tonight. Not only will we likely face the Knights, but we would be going into the PO's losing a "must win" game and 5 out of the last 6 games.

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Really disappointed? Props for the moderation.

Just look at the GDT of the last game we lost. This board is going to melt down if we don't win tonight. Not only will we likely face the Knights, but we would be going into the PO's losing a "must win" game and 5 out of the last 6 games.

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

oh I know. Let's just say if the Sharks lose tonight all hell might break lose.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
We just need 1 pt to clinch 2nd seed right? Even if Anaheim wins in regulation/OT, we would be tied at 101 points and 40 ROW, but we took the season series 3-1. LA can only finish at 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad