GDT: 2017/18 NCAA Basketball discussion

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The more I soak this in, the more I wonder.

UVA has been a pretty good team for about 5 years now. Is this where they go into a downward spiral?

Georgetown never recovered from that demolishing FGCU gave them 5 years ago as a 2 seed (The Big East as we know it did break up after that year and Georgetown didn't step up to the ACC or AAC but still).

But this is the kind of loss that can cripple a program. Hell Michigan Football for years was recovering from the App State game.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
This Hokie could not possibly be happier with this year. Started with the Eagles winning the Super Bowl and now Virginia loses to a 16 as the #1 overall seed.

One of the guys I regularly play hoops with is a VT grad. His wife and her family are UVA grads, their oldest daughter is a freshman there this year. He tends to hold it in when they play each other in football but he was confident UVA would be out by round 2.

He might be needing a different place to stay for a few days, I've offered my place :laugh:

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
You know, for the first time a 16 seed beating a 1 seed, I thought it would be a really close game. Buzzer beater perhaps.

UMBC wins by 20. TWENTY!

Nah, this is exactly how I thought a 16 would finally win. A team that just couldn't miss against a team that couldn't do anything right.

Seriously, UVA was one away from the 1-and-1 with about 12 minutes left and they did nothing but jack up threes the rest of the way and I don't think ever went to the line. 12 minutes is plenty of time to continue to play your game, drive the lane, get to the line and cut away at a lead. Pure panic by UVA.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
This was a ridiculous turn of events. Carolina couldn’t hang with them, twice. UVA was easily the best team, all year, and just got blown out by 20 to a 16 seed.

It’s Miracle On Ice #1, and this is #2 in the biggest upsets in sports history.

I still put App State over Michigan at #2, but this is very, very close.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
All god damn season UVA fans have been running their mouths. "We are the new king of the ACC." "We are the new Duke or UNC."

This shit has been non stop. Then this happens . There goes my bracket.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
7C246A1A-D608-4419-8FBF-23A8CCDF7725.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad