GDT: 2017/18 NCAA Basketball discussion

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I don't have anything against Young. He didn't impact my team all year and he's not the first player to think he can make it from anywhere and he won't be the last. If Swaggy P can make it in the NBA, so can Trae. I guess I just don't get the hate, his team was pretty much irrelevant and it's not like he was out there doing a bunch of cheap crap every game like a Grayson Allen.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I just think he could use another year to build up his body and mentally toughen up. I don't know about his background (not criminal but income-wise) so its hard to me to blame him and others for ditching school after one year to get the money to help their family, but his NBA career doesn't look all that promising from what I saw of him this season.

Although, in a few years when LeBron is done and Curry/Durant/Irving are past their prime, the NBA will be mostly one-and-dones and overrated Euros so it won't matter. Busts like Jimmer Fredrette and Anthony Bennett will have long careers because there will be no one else to fill those spots.

Last edited:

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I just think he could use another year to build up his body and mentally toughen up. I don't know about his background (not criminal but income-wise) so its hard to me to blame him and others for ditching school after one year to get the money to help their family, but his NBA career doesn't look all that promising from what I saw of him this season.
To me he seems like a better shooting version of Tyus Jones who left Duke after one (championship) year and has been over-matched, in large part because of his thin frame, in the NBA so far. Young will probably go pro but agreed he could use another year.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
The Pac-12 may well be the worst major conference that we've seen over the past decade here. This year was bad but it wasn't 2012 Pac 12 bad, that was just "holy ****, really?" level.

Well, since this is the first time a major conference has ever completely failed to reach the round of 32, that means the 2018 Pac 12 is quantifiably The f***ing Worst.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Well, since this is the first time a major conference has ever completely failed to reach the round of 32, that means the 2018 Pac 12 is quantifiably The ****ing Worst.
I had forgotten that Colorado somehow beat UNLV in 2012 before getting clown pounded in the next round. Literally the only time I have seen a major conference's top team as an 11 seed, I mean that just seems flat out absurd on the face of it but Pac gonna Pac.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->