GDT: 2017/18 NCAA Basketball discussion

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

I seem to recall we have a U of Cincinnati grad on these boards who also liked Xavier. Not sure if that person still actively posts here but cheer up buddy, there will be brighter days.

:cheers:

In the meantime, it would probably be best to stay away from the city of Nashville for a couple of years :laugh:

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
West Virginia kicking ass tonight. Carter taking over.

Also, I like how despite being sponsored by Nike, West Virginia isn't wearing those ridiculous tight spaghetti-strapped tank-top looking uniforms that the likes of Duke/UNC/Kentucky/Michigan State/Florida etc. wear these days. :handclap:

Also, there's no way this Elmore guy for Marshall is under 22. I'm almost 30 and he looks older than me.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
15BA7A9E-3B6E-47D9-902F-471DCCF27CB6.jpeg

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I've come to the conclusion that Kevin Ollie is my most hated man on the planet. First, him riding on the coattails of Shabazz Napier cost Florida the national title in 2014 now his sheer incompetence since has cost URI arguably it's best coach of all-time.

I hope he ends up having to coach at Rutgers for the rest of time as punishment.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Ollie could coach at Pitt instead and never win a conference game for as long as he (or anyone else) coaches there ;)

Speaking of Pitt Basketball, @DaveG @Unsustainable you guys will like this if you haven't seen it yet.

I mean, he's not wrong here. Pitt Basketball hasn't been the same since they left the Big East and I'm not sold on Syracuse being a tournament regular once Boehiem leaves.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I mean, he's not wrong here. Pitt Basketball hasn't been the same since they left the Big East and I'm not sold on Syracuse being a tournament regular once Boehiem leaves.

Depends on Syracuse. If they can get Hopkins back, I think they'll be alright as he knows the program. But if they can't get him and they don't hire a big name, or hot name, I agree, they could become another Pitt or BC or St. John's pretty quickly. Honestly, with Boeheim getting up there, I thought Syracuse would ultimately be the job that Hurley would leave URI for. Perhaps they go for Bobby Hurley when Boeheim calls time.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Clemson clowning KU would also in absolutely no way hurt my feelings.

Seriously, whatever creates the easiest path for my boys (if we can get past Nova). I literally don't give a **** if people scoff in a few weeks if we have to beat two 11 seeds in the final four to do it.

I'm gonna love the day when four #12 or lower seeds make the Final Four and the Jay Bilas's of the world expire from rage strokes.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I mean hell, I thought people like Bilas were legitimately going to have f***ing strokes in 2010 when WVU (who probably should have been a 1 seed anyway that year) beat Kentucky and Butler (as a 5 seed) took out Cuse to get there. I'd love nothing more then the Final Four some year to be something literally insane like Northeastern, Pepperdine, Florida Gulf Coast, and Jacksonville State.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad