2017-18 NBA regular season thread

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
lakers sign derrick williams to a 10 day contract

which means BI likely is going to be out longer than they thought. of course, thanks a lot justise winslow.

i'm kind of surprised williams's career turned out the way it did. i really thought he'd have a successful career but that #2 overall curse

He was a beast at Arizona, I remember around the draft there was talk he could go #1 (since Kyrie only played 11 games his draft year) and then was also a big rumor the Lakers were going to swap Gasol for #2 and pick him.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I still don’t see them getting past Houston or GS

Also I see the Western Conference Finals as the most entertaining series this playoffs. (HOU vs GSW)

Friday night was a big test and they passed. They have arguably the best/deepest bench in the league and I think they could beat the Rockets. GS would be harder but in the finals, anything can happen.

Its just a shame the national media has given zero attention to the season they're having or to DeRozan who has firmly established himself as one of the leagues top players.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Not a fan of the Nuggets color scheme change. Powder blue is cool.

What a huge win for the Wolves against a banged up GSW team. Up to 39 wins. They probably need 6 more to be in the playoffs and they play 5 games against tanking teams.

Jazz/Pelicans is a massive game, Jazz leading by a few points.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Friday night was a big test and they passed. They have arguably the best/deepest bench in the league and I think they could beat the Rockets. GS would be harder but in the finals, anything can happen.

Its just a shame the national media has given zero attention to the season they're having or to DeRozan who has firmly established himself as one of the leagues top players.
I think it's because DeRozan is a product of his environment. Night in night out he is not the best player on the floor. He has some amazing games and is the go to guy on his team but I think the lack of taking his game to the next level is what the media is waiting for. Being the reason for an upset in the playoffs(before) sweeping a good team in the playoffs, individual achievements.....he is on the cusp but at 28 is kind of at his peak game wise.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Cavs are awful and it’s hilarious. Who would have thought that when you replace a top 3-5 PG with someone that really only scores (granted one of the best in the league when on) and is injured for the first half of the season and don’t do anything to shore up the D that was already suspect that you took away from even more by trading Kyrie, that you would end up taking a HUGE step back? Literally everyone knew that Kyrie trade was awful but no one could have guessed it would be this bad. Yeah they have the Nets pick but that’s looking more and more like a 7-10 pick and less like a 1-3 pick which makes this even worse.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I can see the Raptors coming out of the East but I doubt very much they win the title over the Warriors or the Rockets.

pretty much this

i got toronto coming out of the east too but no way they win over gs or hou unless there's major injuries on those teams

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
LeBron isn't coming to Los Angeles so the Lakers would be idiots to renounce Julius Randle and allow him to become a UFA. Continue building with Randle/Ingram/Ball/Kuzma/etc. Granted, I'm still skeptical, very skeptical of both Ingram and Ball but I don't want them to lose Randle only to end up whiffing on both LeBron and George.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Saw that with the Spurs earlier, they haven't missed the playoffs since 1997. They're tied for 8th right now so they may sneak in. Still think things are changing for the Spurs and fast.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
LeBron isn't coming to Los Angeles so the Lakers would be idiots to renounce Julius Randle and allow him to become a UFA. Continue building with Randle/Ingram/Ball/Kuzma/etc. Granted, I'm still skeptical, very skeptical of both Ingram and Ball but I don't want them to lose Randle only to end up whiffing on both LeBron and George.
Honestly if I were the Lakers, I’d sign someone like Avery Bradley and a good C. I hate the Lakers but they would be scary with a starting 5 of Ball-Bradley-Ingram-Kuzma-good C and Randle coming off the bench.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
The Lakers are going to be good soon even without Lebron. Think though if they sign Lebron this summer they're top 4 in the West in 2018-2019.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The Lakers are going to be good soon even without Lebron. Think though if they sign Lebron this summer they're top 4 in the West in 2018-2019.
And will make soooooo much off of merchandising. As a business move for both parties its a no look pass, alley oop, slam dunk.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad