2017-18 NBA regular season thread

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Does Philly just have too many players? Saric is pretty much just a spot up shooter when Embiid is in the lineup. He plays better as a playmaker, but how are you going to let him play that role with Simmons out there? He could lead the 2nd unit but you're probably better off using McConnell for that. And Fultz, another PG, is coming back soon. Might be able to trade Saric for something good, but you sort of need him with Embiid's health always a question mark.

TJ is having a hell of a game by the way.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Does Philly just have too many players? Saric is pretty much just a spot up shooter when Embiid is in the lineup. He plays better as a playmaker, but how are you going to let him play that role with Simmons out there? He could lead the 2nd unit but you're probably better off using McConnell for that. And Fultz, another PG, is coming back soon. Might be able to trade Saric for something good, but you sort of need him with Embiid's health always a question mark.

TJ is having a hell of a game by the way.

I don’t think too many players is the problem (would be a nice problem to have though). Saric does have a somewhat similar skill set to Simmons but he’s not a particularly good ball handler and he’s a better shooter. The hope is that he develops into a stretch 4- he’s ok at that but needs to improve his 3 pt shooting. He’s also a good rebounder, especially on the offensive boards.

So to an extent, yeah, they’re not maximizing Dario’s skill as a passer but given that Brown emphasizes ball movement his passing should work itself into the offense as things get smoother. I think Fultz will be playing off the ball more when he gets back. If he cracks the starting lineup you might see Dario on the second unit, although I think I’d rather see him start and move Covington to the 2nd unit.

TJ’s improvement as a shooter this season has been dramatic. It’s still not pretty but he’s becoming a fairly reliable scorer off the bench.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'm sure we will see these two teams again in June.

Maybe this time it will be more like 2016 and less like last summer.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Why do people pronounce Irving’s first name differently depending on whether they say his first name or not?

KIree Irving, or kyREE. Weird.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the new t-wolves jerseys look like practice jerseys

they always had great jerseys until this season. not a fan of the new logo either

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad