2017-18 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Kopitar, 17 goals in 34 games. 12 in 76 last year.
Toffoli, 15 goals in 34 games. 16 in 63 last year.
Brown, 12 goals 34 games. 14 in 80 last year.

Pearson, 24 goals last year. On pace for 14.5 this year.

Kempe is getting close to averaging just .5 point per game. Take out his 3G, 4pt game against Montreal, and it's 7G and 13pts in 32 games. That's a 33 point player.

Iafallo still has 2 goals in 34 games, which would be 5 in a full 82. Still the 3rd most ES ice time up front. That's the 7th most ES ice time at F in the Pacific. 14th most in the West. 27th most in the league. He's doing something right, but you don't see a 5 goal scorer on a 1st line often.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Iafallo looks like the schedule is starting to wear on him. Doing much less with the puck, not getting in on the forecheck as relentlessly. Or people are more aware of his presence, at least.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Iafallo looks like the schedule is starting to wear on him. Doing much less with the puck, not getting in on the forecheck as relentlessly. Or people are more aware of his presence, at least.
I think you have the right idea with fatigue. These guys coming out of college have never played such a demanding schedule with so much physical play. Since he has never played pro, he's not used to it. Time to move Gaborik up, and move Brodzinski back in the line up. I'll never understand the idea of breaking up a line up that wins 8 games in a row so you can put a grinder in because he is a vet. New line up, 3 losses.

Reactions: markisonfire

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I think you have the right idea with fatigue. These guys coming out of college have never played such a demanding schedule with so much physical play. Since he has never played pro, he's not used to it. Time to move Gaborik up, and move Brodzinski back in the line up. I'll never understand the idea of breaking up a line up that wins 8 games in a row so you can put a grinder in because he is a vet. New line up, 3 losses.

I’ll never understand that either. Ride the hot lineup. Maybe if it’s Carter instead of Clifford, but still. Why not wait until the team loses?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

I agree, brodzinski was putting his game together on an 8 game winning streak, and we take him out during it for a plug? Doesn't make sense.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I agree, brodzinski was putting his game together on an 8 game winning streak, and we take him out during it for a plug? Doesn't make sense.
Rounding out his game wtf In the 8 game winning steak
9 55 vs Devil
9:19 vs Carolina
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
8:48 vs sens
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
10:41 vs wild
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
11 18 black hawks
11 20 blue s
7 26 caps
10 32 red wings
If anything ice time showing hes trending down since the blues game

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I know Cliffy has been a good soldier but I'd prefer his spot be given to player who score once in a blue moon.

It's like if Kopitar or Brown isn't scoring or putting up points then who else is?

If we are still considered a 'heavy team' by all means then clearly we don't need plugs like Clifford still in the lineup.

Reactions: Kylo Ren and Sol

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I know Cliffy has been a good soldier but I'd prefer his spot be given to player who score once in a blue moon.

It's like if Kopitar or Brown isn't scoring or putting up points then who else is?

If we are still considered a 'heavy team' by all means then clearly we don't need plugs like Clifford still in the lineup.
Pearson Gaborik kempe Toffoli Carter ? I think goal scorering is not what Clifford is in the lineup for He is there for Physical play and energy play.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

We're not, and Clifford has a better scoring pace than many of them.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Ok i would like to make a suggestion and hear from my fellow king fans on it. I suggest we target Vancouver"s Alec Elder as our trade deadline target. My reasoning are as follows

He would upgrade our pp and it needs it badly
He would not be a rental as he is signed for one more year.
He would be a ufa at the same time as Drews new contract kicks in and at worse the same time Kyle Clague is nhl ready so we let him go and use Clague elc contract to replace him
I think he would be strongerr as he doesn't have to lead the defense just be a part of it.

Now the only question is for what?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Think this call up says more about Ladue than it does about Gravel.
Yes it does it tells me that they want him waiver excempt next year as well As per Mayor

One more important note...

For those asking about LaDue, if Kings can manage to keep him under 38 NHL games played this yr, he will still be waiver exempt next season.

Expecting a call-up, just not for about a month or so.

More from @TFP radio spot FREE REPLAY: Hoven Talks Kings Good, Bad, Ugly (and Trade Rumor) on NHL Network Radio
— The Mayor John Hoven (@mayorNHL) December 20, 2017

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
These call ups imo are more about our injuries than the players being called. Unfortunately this teams holes won't be filled or patched by Ontario but by trade.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
LaDue is definitely better than Gravel. I think the Kings didn't call him up because of the waiver exempt issue and also so that he does not just sit on the bench as a scratch while MacD/Fantenburg/Forbort get playing time. But deaderhead28 is right, we will need to get a solid second pairing D man via trade. I don't think anyone outside of Doughty, Martinez, and Muzzin can fill that missing hole adequately.

Reactions: deaderhead28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad