Status
Not open for further replies.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
What?

DYx5cl0VQAARn4Y.jpg
The clip was so funny, especially because Doughty didnt even notice what was going on.

Doughty reminds me of a friend. He has exactly the same facial expressions. Its scary.

HBwJ.gif

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
what do you think about kempe at this point of the season? in last few games i had this feeling that he might soon start to deliver again. and where to put him in the playoffs?

Kempe has not scored a goal in 21 straight games. That has been his pro history in North America so far. Long droughts without goals. Unfortunate for the Kings during this playoff stretch, they need his secondary scoring. He does have 9 assists in those 21 games. But 21 games is 25% of the season, and it hurts when offensively oriented players are not putting the puck in the net.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Kempe has not scored a goal in 21 straight games. That has been his pro history in North America so far. Long droughts without goals. Unfortunate for the Kings during this playoff stretch, they need his secondary scoring. He does have 9 assists in those 21 games. But 21 games is 25% of the season, and it hurts when offensively oriented players are not putting the puck in the net.
I like a lot of aspects of Kempe's game, but if he can't find a scoring touch on a consistent basis, he will be a top six/top nine tweener.

RONNIEC

Feb 27, 2018
Los Angeles

I believe his game is affected by Steven's frequent lineup rotation.
Some nights Kempe was the center on the 2nd line, some nights he was the winger, and sometimes he was even on the 3rd line.
His qualities are there, just missing the goal(s).
Get him a consistent role, and his scoring will be back.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
I believe his game is affected by Steven's frequent lineup rotation.
Some nights Kempe was the center on the 2nd line, some nights he was the winger, and sometimes he was even on the 3rd line.
His qualities are there, just missing the goal(s).
Get him a consistent role, and his scoring will be back.
I'm not a huge supporter of Stevens, but if anything, he did Kempe a solid by playing him with Toff and Pearson after Carter returned.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
I think Carter was the center of TT and TP most of the time since he is back while AK still shifting from line to line??
Kempe was played with Toff and Pearson for a few games, while Carter had Rieder/Lewis

It's all over the place right now with Lewis out. I guess we're done with Brodz this year?

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
He had Toffoli on his right wing for the last four games, and Pearson on his left for 3 of the last 4. He was rotated around quite a bit when Carter first came back.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Kempe does not have a great scoring touch. That's always been the knock on him and it has played out so far in his pro career. He's generally been playing with good players all season too so I put zero "blame" on Stevens for it. The only thing that could maybe boost him would be power play time but the power play hasn't been bad so why screw with it?

Hopefully he can find a balance between the insanely high shooting percentage he had at the start of the season v. the insanely low percentage he has had in 2018.

RONNIEC

Feb 27, 2018
Los Angeles
Kempe was played with Toff and Pearson for a few games, while Carter had Rieder/Lewis

It's all over the place right now with Lewis out. I guess we're done with Brodz this year?

Yes, AK played a few games with TT and TP, but I don't see the consistency by Stevens.

Our top 2 lines should be:
Iafallo - Kopi - DB
TP - AK - TT

Don't want to see Rieder moving up from 3rd/4th and stir up the first 2 lines again.

Amadio - Andreoff - Brodz had a good 6-game road trip last month... I don't know why the coach break them up...
If this could be our 4th line, then our 3rd would be Rieder/Mitchell - Thompson - Cliff..

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Yes, AK played a few games with TT and TP, but I don't see the consistency by Stevens.
Carter has only been back a handful of games and Stevens is already putting Kempe back with the line he spent most of the year on and you don't think that's consistency?

Small sample size, but Kempe hasn't been disrupted much from the Tanner/Tyler line, other than a handful of games when Carter first came back. And it was expected that Carter would go back to the 70's line.

Also, you left Carter off your roster.

Reactions: RONNIEC

Winger23

May 3, 2007

Iafallo - Kopi - DB
TP - AK - TT

Don't want to see Rieder moving up from 3rd/4th and stir up the first 2 lines again.

Amadio - Andreoff - Brodz had a good 6-game road trip last month... I don't know why the coach break them up...
If this could be our 4th line, then our 3rd would be Rieder/Mitchell - Thompson - Cliff..

So where's Carter?

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

Iafallo - Kopi - DB
TP - AK - TT

So you don’t want Carter in the lineup at all? Don’t see him anywhere.

Reactions: RONNIEC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad