Confirmed Signing with Link: 2017-18 Free Agency Thread

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
The tweet itself doesn't seem to be linking anymore, but I still can see the text of the tweet on mine...weird!

It reads
Hearing UFA forward Dwight Kings will be signing in the KHL. #Canucks showed mild interest.

— Rick Dhaliwal (@DhaliwalSports) July 27, 2017

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

Dalton Thrower was under contract with Montreal.

I was trying to edit the tweet back in but it didn't work. Seems to be deleted.

Anyways, here it is.

Also per Elite Prospects

-UFA D Mat Clark, who played this past season for San Antonio of the AHL while under contract to Colorado, has signed with Bolzano of EBEL.

-UFA G Jonas Gunnarsson, who played this past season for Milwaukee of the AHL while under contract to Nashville, has had his rights loaned from Malmo to HV71 of the SHL, presumably for him to play for the latter.

Also

My translation
"I'm exploring many options in Europe, Switzerland, the KHL, I don't know what tomorrow will bring" -Simon Despres

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Don't mean to be a pain but are you still doing the camp invite thread, Caley? I have a few rookie invites to throw in whenever it gets going.

No worries!

I have it all ready to go and was going through some bad family stuff (Sick dog! :cry:) but things have cleared up and I'm trying to decide whether to launch it Monday or wait for a team to announce a TC roster.

So far I have RJ Umberger (DAL) and Andrei Loktionov and Brandon Prust (LAK) for NHL camps and Carl Neill (BUF), Alex Belzile (COL) and Ivan Kosorenov (PHI) for rookie camps. If you have more than that, feel free to list them here and I can get a headstart on adding them into the thread, or post them when I create the thread. Either way!

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
No worries!

I have it all ready to go and was going through some bad family stuff (Sick dog! :cry:) but things have cleared up and I'm trying to decide whether to launch it Monday or wait for a team to announce a TC roster.

So far I have RJ Umberger (DAL) and Andrei Loktionov and Brandon Prust (LAK) for NHL camps and Carl Neill (BUF), Alex Belzile (COL) and Ivan Kosorenov (PHI) for rookie camps. If you have more than that, feel free to list them here and I can get a headstart on adding them into the thread, or post them when I create the thread. Either way!

I'm kind of curious about Belzile going to rookie camp. He's played over 240 games (If my math is right) between the AHL and ECHL. He seems a little too old and experienced for rookie camp.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
No worries!

Great to hear, I always look forward to the camp thread. And glad to hear your pup is doing better.

For Colorado, Hugo Roy and Thomas Gregoire were invited to camp as well. In there they talk about being invited to both, which is typical for the Avs to just invite everyone to both. http://www.lapresse.ca/la-tribune/s...rado-gregoire-et-roy-seduisent-lavalanche.php

As far as Belzile, yeah it's funny that he'd be invited to rookie camp at his age but I guess they see it as reward for having a good year. Avs don't have many prospects and they have quite a few NCAA prospects from the last two drafts so it's going to be a pretty thin group at camp so they are going to need more AHL guys to fill it out.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

UFA D Matt Greene, who was bought out by the Kings after playing 2016-17 with them, has signed on with the team as a pro scout.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Montreal UFA

The Toledo Walleye have added forward Connor Crisp ahead of the 2017-18 season. Crisp, who was drafted in the third round of the 2013 NHL Draft by the Montreal Canadiens, joins the Walleye after play most of the last season with the Brampton Beast.

Crisp scored 7 points (4 goals, 3 assists) in 63 AHL games over the past four years, with both the Hamilton Bulldogs and the St. John’s IceCaps During his season with Brampton, Crisp tallied 14 goals and 19 assists for a total of 33 points across 43 games.

Arizona UFA

Moroz, 23, was a second-round pick ( 32nd overall) of the Edmonton Oilers in the 2012 NHL Draft and has spent the last three seasons in the American Hockey League. The Edmonton, Alberta native posted four goals and nine points in 41 AHL games last year split between Bakersfield and Tucson, along with 46 penalty minutes.

In 147 career games, Moroz has posted 14 goals, 28 points, and 314 penalty minutes. Moroz’s toughness is well-documented, as he led the Condors with 99 penalty minutes in 40 games in 2015-16 and led all AHL rookies in 2014-15 with 169 penalty minutes.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

Howden, a former first round pick of Florida, was under contract to Winnipeg last season, but also played in the AHL with Manitoba.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

I'm always amused when a random RFA takes so long to re-sign with a team. Like what was McGinn holding out for that would lead to him not simply taking the QO when it was offered?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad