2017-18 Around the League Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I'm guessing leaving Habs got something to do with that too.

Man, just...look at all these amazing players we could've drafted.

f***ing hell...

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Drafting in the top 5 or 6 is exciting but man when you miss on your pick its rough watching what could have been.

hell those great players we missed, we didn't even NEED to draft top 5/6 to get them.

blowing those picks alone should be firable offense, but nope, not for Benning.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Gaudreau with an amazing rush and Monahan completely botches it by tripping over himself... wild go the other way and score on the empty net.

Flames fans ripping Bennett, been garbage this year.

If they miss the playoffs, have to think Treliving is fired after that god awful Hamonic trade.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Arizona .....0-7-1

After making win-now moves with trading the 7th overall pick for Stepan and the Hjalmarsson trade.

Tire Fire organization right now.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Arizona .....0-7-1

After making win-now moves with trading the 7th overall pick for Stepan and the Hjalmarsson trade.

Tire Fire organization right now.
Chayka's hand was definitely forced imo.

Arizonians weren't going to sit around for a long rebuild after Doan retired.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Bennett is another one of those guys who seemed to completely lose his shiftiness and talent when he bulked up.

Guy looked great when he couldn't do a chin-up at 170 lbs. and is total garbage at a built 200 lbs.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Calgary is irrelevant. I forget they exist half the time and I don't even care to follow or whatch their games. I don't find them exciting at all.

Oilers, when on their game are amazing to watch. I also watch them for fantasy hockey purposes but I've watched them just because of how exciting they can be. I've grown to not really hate them, most because of how irrelevant we have become it doesn't matter how good they are.

Leafs are going to be a good team and like the Oilers, are exciting as hell the watch. Obviously the media adores them but it's not any different to what we have seen for 1938382 years.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Karlsson with 6 points in 3 games since returning from surgery. The king is back.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Calgary is irrelevant. I forget they exist half the time and I don't even care to follow or whatch their games. I don't find them exciting at all.

Oilers, when on their game are amazing to watch. I also watch them for fantasy hockey purposes but I've watched them just because of how exciting they can be. I've grown to not really hate them, most because of how irrelevant we have become it doesn't matter how good they are.

Leafs are going to be a good team and like the Oilers, are exciting as hell the watch. Obviously the media adores them but it's not any different to what we have seen for 1938382 years.

I don’t hate the oilers or leafs as a team, I really just can’t tolerate the fan bases or media coverage. The shallow depths of my soul enjoy the future dynasty struggling out of the gate and I’m going to revel in it for the short time it’s gonna last

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I don’t hate the oilers or leafs as a team, I really just can’t tolerate the fan bases or media coverage. The shallow depths of my soul enjoy the future dynasty struggling out of the gate and I’m going to revel in it for the short time it’s gonna last

I think I'm just use to it. Everyone still complains about it, but this isn't anything new. The Leafs were utter trash and still got the headlines - at least they are f***ing good now that they are making headlines. :laugh:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Went to the Knights-Blues game tonight. Vegas stole one. Tarasenko was awful. Schwartz not much better. Vegas in a world of hurt now with Dansk a the starter. Subban was in serious pain when he left the game.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Went to the Knights-Blues game tonight. Vegas stole one. Tarasenko was awful. Schwartz not much better. Vegas in a world of hurt now with Dansk a the starter. Subban was in serious pain when he left the game.

Saw a headline about that, what happened? Did a teammate crash into Subban or something?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Saw a headline about that, what happened? Did a teammate crash into Subban or something?

He just kicked his leg out trying to make a save, and likely pulled something. Knew right away he wasn't feeling right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad