2017-18 Around the League Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Okay, the one pick Gillis had in the top ten is the best young player we have, and the one he took at 10 still went on to have more NHL success than anyone Benning's drafted here yet.

Happy?
Oh okay Hodgson was at 10 so is not in the top ten my mistake. I am sure you were not leaving him out intentionally just was trying to make your comment more accurate. Horvat was a great pick. Boeser was a great pick.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Sheahan to Pittsburgh, eh? Would've been curious to see what they would've given for a young, affordable and analytically sound player (which is right up Pittsburgh's alley) in Gaunce.

I know refer to Hodgson as ‘should have pick Karlsson’...

Wasn't the Karlsson pick controversial to the extent where the Senators were booed by their own crowd? Would've been insane to pick him at 10.

Last edited:

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Here's a poorly-sourced clip of him being drafted. I remember reading about him being booed but I can't hear it in the video. They need to patch holes. Wade Redden's not there anymore, man.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Tampa was my pick to win the cup this year, just a ridiculously deep team. Kucherov is a monster, probably the best winger in the league at this point.

Must be nice to Trade Drouin and not even miss a beat

Because they have Brayden Point who is also PPG lighting it up to replace drouin's production.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Must be nice to Trade Drouin and not even miss a beat

Because they have Brayden Point who is also PPG lighting it up to replace drouin's production.
Yup, Point was a guy I wanted in the 2014 draft too. Tampa Bay has an excellent management team, their drafting and developing is just fantastic.

Doesn't hurt that their two lottery picks turned into Hedman and Stamkos, but they've surrounded those guys with fantastic pieces with good management.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Yup, Point was a guy I wanted in the 2014 draft too. Tampa Bay has an excellent management team, their drafting and developing is just fantastic.

Doesn't hurt that their two lottery picks turned into Hedman and Stamkos, but they've surrounded those guys with fantastic pieces with good management.

Ahhhh the days when you could only drop 1 spot in the Lottery.

Must have been nice. None of this 2 spot down 5 B*llSh*^

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Watching this leafs game

Straight up.... Mitch Marner turns the puck over A LOT.
Don't get me wrong, he is a good player but man he sucks defensively.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I told myself Sergachev was going to end up as either the next Konstantinov or the next Sbisa. The propensity for brain farts was there and the risk had to be weighed accordingly. But that is a hell of a start.

Reactions: AlexEdler23

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
If not for terrible injury luck, Tampa probably could've won the past three cups.

They are, without a doubt, the best organization in the league.

Reactions: Zombotron

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I really don't care what Benning does the rest of his tenure here just because he has ruined this franchise by taking Virtanen and Juolevi. Nothing he can do will ever reverse how many years those draft picks set this team back. This team would actually be FUN to watch, and I guarantee there would be more fans because of these exciting young players.

No one is buying a ticket to watch Virtanen or Juolevi, ever.

Master drafter my f***ing ass.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
He struck gold with Boeser but literally missed a couple tap ins in 3 years. They were right ****ing there, the pundits knew it, the fans knew it, everyone ****ing knew it but Dim Jim.
Based on Brackett's meteoric rise in the organization, I imagine he had a big influence on our American picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad