Speculation: 2017-18 ★ Trade Proposals and Speculation ★

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I...agree with all your predictions Troy.

I only hope Seguin doesn't cost 10 million. I don't know if having two guys costing 20 million is a great idea moving forward. Seems like we'd be in Edmonton territory.

Maybe if we had good prospects that are cost controlled for a bit this is doable but otherwise it's frightening .

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
While we’re talking Nill, here’s my guess for Nill’s offseason:

- Get Seguin a $10 million a season extension
- Sign Kari to a two year extension
- Let Roussel, Hamhuis, and Pateryn walk as UFAs
- sign Nichushkin to a two season deal
- talk up Heiskanen and Gurianov and how they’re going to be given chances to make the team
- talk about the tough seasons Hanzal and Spezza had and how he expects them to bounce back
- Re-sign Johns, Janmark, Dickinson, Shore, Elie, and Smith and talk about how he expects them to make progress

No big free agent signings or trade acquisitions this summer?

I also hope he trades Ritchie/Elie/Shore. All of them gone would be ideal, and then replace them with the kids down in the AHL. Dickinson/Gurianov/Hintz

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think Elie is gonna replace Roussel next year on the grinder line.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Elie staying in place of Roussel is fine.
Shore staying is fine, because everyone needs a utility forward. He'll just be a Stajan/Steen, which is cool because Hitch turned Steen into a monster.
I don't think this team should be paying two guys ~10m each. It has the potential to hamstring the shit out of a team. Maybe Chicago's the odd one, but I guess Philly, Pittsburgh, Washington and Anaheim are doing fairly well right now.

I would not also mind a Pateryn extension.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
No big free agent signings or trade acquisitions this summer?

I also hope he trades Ritchie/Elie/Shore. All of them gone would be ideal, and then replace them with the kids down in the AHL. Dickinson/Gurianov/Hintz

Well there’s always the draft. I’m sure we’ll snag at least one solid 4th liner for the future.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Nice to see Shore score last game, and Ritchie this game last night, with both scoring "their type" of goals. We do need our secondary scoring to step up, and hopefully this is a sign their slumps are about over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad