Speculation: 2017-18 ★ Trade Proposals and Speculation ★

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
Shapiro saying it doesn’t look like we’ll do much. If we make the playoffs, we’re playing Winnipeg, Nashville or Vegas. Should be a quick first round exit.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Shapiro saying it doesn’t look like we’ll do much. If we make the playoffs, we’re playing Winnipeg, Nashville or Vegas. Should be a quick first round exit.

Another year of Benn and Seguin's prime wasted if so.

Jamie is going to be 29 going into next season. We need to do something.

Reactions: Morry83

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Right now, they couldn't beat much of anyone. The only silver lining is maybe they get the slump out of the way, and bounce back to their peak form just as the playoffs start.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary

Terrible way to look at it. There's no reason we couldn't beat Vegas if we added a top 6 forward. We play better against Nash then Wpg, but both would be a tough matchup

Either way there's no reason why we can't go for a top 6 forward with term. I don't care about the draft being in Dallas. Trade our first if we can land Hoffman. I want to see this team win

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
Terrible way to look at it. There's no reason we couldn't beat Vegas if we added a top 6 forward. We play better against Nash then Wpg, but both would be a tough matchup

Either way there's no reason why we can't go for a top 6 forward with term. I don't care about the draft being in Dallas. Trade our first if we can land Hoffman. I want to see this team win

I’m saying if we do nothing, we’ll be done quick. I’m not as scared of Vegas, but Nashville and especially Winnipeg, I don’t like our chances.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
And Winnipeg just added another piece. They are stacked not just this year but for the next 5+.

Nill needs to move on a controlled player if they want any sustained viability because our system does not have the prospects to keep up over the next few years. I don't think anything is gonna happen today now but hopefully the off season is when he goes to work.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Disappointed in today.

Evander kanes price was cheap. If he walks as a free agent san jose only give up a 2nd in 19 and a prospect. If he stays its a 1st in 19 but well worth that price for him to stay .

I wish dallas was in on that.

Winnipeg got better today, Nashville got better, San jose got better, vegas got better..

And we did nothing. We built our team with veterans around benn and seguin to win now..and do nothing when it counts. We will be first round fodder this season...if we make it.

Everyone keeps saying next season is where we contend. What rubbish! Half of our key players are already in their 30s we have no 2nd line winger.

What a waste of benn and seguins peak seasons.

Nill asleep at the wheel today.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Vanek was cheap AF

Indeed. I didn't want to pay huge for a rental, but Vanek was given away for free. Like WTF Nill you didn't want a 20 goal scorer in the lineup for the cost of a Happy Meal? I can only assume Ritchie and Shore have pictures of Nill with a goat.

I'm disliking Nill more every day.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Happy we stayed put. Would have taken a winger but after seeing the prices im more than fine staying put.

Reactions: masinaLFC

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
While we’re talking Nill, here’s my guess for Nill’s offseason:

- Get Seguin a $10 million a season extension
- Sign Kari to a two year extension
- Let Roussel, Hamhuis, and Pateryn walk as UFAs
- sign Nichushkin to a two season deal
- talk up Heiskanen and Gurianov and how they’re going to be given chances to make the team
- talk about the tough seasons Hanzal and Spezza had and how he expects them to bounce back
- Re-sign Johns, Janmark, Dickinson, Shore, Elie, and Smith and talk about how he expects them to make progress

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad