Speculation: 2017-18 ★ Trade Proposals and Speculation ★

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Ritchie can get traded for a potato and Oleksiak for an egg and I will be happy.

Call up Gury and Honka as replacements and we are a better team. Added bonus we have a potato and an egg to cook with if this happens

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Dallas is going nowhere with the embarassing collection of wingers they have but I can't see any way of reasonably improving upon that through a trade.

There is no way Nill doesn't lay awake at night having cold sweats picturing his collection of AHL crappers.

Last edited:

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Yeah, once you leave the top line, the wingers bring zero offense. Promoting Ritchie hasn't worked out at all. Nill needs to find some help because there's none on the roster or in the AHL. To complicate the trade discussion, there is essentially zero cap space left (carrying 8 D for no reason for most of the season doesn't f***ing help the cap space situation).

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
In Hitch's first run, the fast approaching 20 game mark usually signaled shake up time if things weren't going well. Think we will see something soon, albeit, DA is GM for Blues, and they are going great.

I thought the collection of forwards looked like a bunch of 10-15 goal scorers, but so far, more like 1-1.5 goal scorers. Someone please explain the decimal point system to them.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I thought the collection of forwards looked like a bunch of 10-15 goal scorers, but so far, more like 1-1.5 goal scorers. Someone please explain the decimal point system to them.

Yeah exactly. And I was fine with a bunch of 10-15 scorers outside the big three because of the perceived improved goaltending and defence. But that is killing the Stars right now. But I don't see how you can shake that up via trade or call ups.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Hypothetically if you're Jim Nill and Tyler Seguin has made it known that he doesn't see a future with the Stars, who would your trade targets be?

My list:
PHI: Ivan Provorov - likely not available but they also have Travis Sanheim.
CBJ: Pierre-Luc Dubois - is he enough? Would we want a guy like Gabriel Carlsson added?
CAR: Noah Hanifin? Jake Bean? They've got plenty of defence.
NJ: Pavel Zacha+++? Definitely not ideal
FLA: Henrik Borgstrom? They have Owen Tippett and Adam Mascherin as well.

Arizona has a lot of talented prospects (Strome, Perlini, Dvorak) but I don't really see much of a fit. Same with Winnipeg (mainly Kyle Connor).

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Hypothetically if you're Jim Nill and Tyler Seguin has made it known that he doesn't see a future with the Stars, who would your trade targets be?

My list:
PHI: Ivan Provorov - likely not available but they also have Travis Sanheim.
CBJ: Pierre-Luc Dubois - is he enough? Would we want a guy like Gabriel Carlsson added?
CAR: Noah Hanifin? Jake Bean? They've got plenty of defence.
NJ: Pavel Zacha+++? Definitely not ideal
FLA: Henrik Borgstrom? They have Owen Tippett and Adam Mascherin as well.

Arizona has a lot of talented prospects (Strome, Perlini, Dvorak) but I don't really see much of a fit. Same with Winnipeg (mainly Kyle Connor).

This is my thoughts also. First of I want to keep Seguin as a Star, but I'm wondering if he even wants to stay in Dallas. Another disappointing season and I feel he will want to move on. Who knows though

Anyways IF Seguin doesn't want to resign here and Nill planned on moving him, the Jackets would be a good trade for both teams. Let's say we could get a return like

PLD
Carlsson
Jenner
Some pick

For

Seguin and something, maybe Hamhuis with 50% retained

Does it make us better.... maybe, but if Seguin is planning on leaving then it would be a smart trade

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Really don't see Segs wanting out. He seems to love the city, he's got Jamie here who they both seem to have a strong relationship. The team is not that far away from being great. We know what we need to fix, they just gotta fix it.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Really don't see Segs wanting out. He seems to love the city, he's got Jamie here who they both seem to have a strong relationship. The team is not that far away from being great. We know what we need to fix, they just gotta fix it.

We can all hope that's the case. But like we were saying these ideas are based on ifs. Never hurts to talk about what could happen

Another team like Satan said that could come up with a nice return for us is Carolina. They have some good young D.

Also even Shapiro talked about Dallas could move Seguin if things don't get better this season. Hopefully we won' have to worry about all this anyways

RussianSpy

Oct 3, 2017
Chicago, IL
Just feel like stating the obvious so everyone (including myself) can brace for disappointment -

Jim Nill doesn't make reactionary moves, he is overly supportive of the roster he assembles at the beginning of the year and has not show a willingness to trade people during the season. He will more than likely roll with this roster, and hope it gels.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Just feel like stating the obvious so everyone (including myself) can brace for disappointment -

Jim Nill doesn't make reactionary moves, he is overly supportive of the roster he assembles at the beginning of the year and has not show a willingness to trade people during the season. He will more than likely roll with this roster, and hope it gels.
In his second season, he made some drastic changes on defense during the first half of the season. Since then, like you say, he’s been pretty quiet until the deadline.

joshik

In Duchene we believe
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
Ritchie to Anaheim for 3th rounder (maybe 2nd).(Ritchie-somebody-Ritchie).
Oleksiak and 7th for 6th.
Hanzal and Tufte for Henrik Borgstrom and 2nd round pick
Spezza to Edmonton for 1st (2nd if they dont make playoffs) and 3rd and Ostap Safin
or Spezza and 3rd for Galchenyuk
Methot to ottawa for 2nd 2020 :D

Last edited:

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Ritchie to Anaheim for 3th rounder (maybe 2nd).(Ritchie-somebody-Ritchie).
Oleksiak and 7th for 6th.
Hanzal and Tufte for Henrik Borgstrom and 2nd round pick
Spezza to Edmonton for 1st (2nd if they dont make playoffs) and 3rd and Ostap Safin
or Spezza and 3rd for Galchenyuk
Methot to ottawa for 2nd 2020 :D

Bored? Lol

Only one I seeing being moved is Oleksaik, but probably not with Hitch's love for the big rig

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
So they are just hitting their stride, and you want to trade a bunch of mid pack players for another pack of mid pack players? What do we gain? Do we lose some chemistry they took a quarter season to develop?

Trade a bottom to mid six forward for futures after you load up to make a Cup run?
Oleksiak, yeah, okay.
Hanzel hard to trade, and don't know anything about Borgstrom.
Spezza for Galchuck would get the Stars younger and cheaper, but don't see why MTL would do it.

All in all, just a bunch of trades to make trades, no?

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Ritchie can get traded for a potato and Oleksiak for an egg and I will be happy.

Call up Gury and Honka as replacements and we are a better team. Added bonus we have a potato and an egg to cook with if this happens

What would you add onto Ritchie for Sam Bennett? Both could use a change of scenery and Flames need a solid RHS top 9 winger.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Read the context bud

I did read the context and I saw a god awful proposal. Let's trade a Top10-15 forward for a semi-bust (based on where he was picked) player who will never amount to anything close to Seguin.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I did read the context and I saw a god awful proposal. Let's trade a Top10-15 forward for a semi-bust (based on where he was picked) player who will never amount to anything close to Seguin.

Hahahahaha

Semi bust.

Are you kidding?

What would you call Tyler Seguin's 22 point rookie season?

Don't be delusional. If Seguin is ~not~ going to re-commit to the Dallas Stars, we would be super f***ing lucky to receive PLD in return.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Yea, 22 point rookie season at 18 while PLD was stuck in junior and embarrassing himself at the WJC.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Klingberg, Hanzal, Oettinger, and a 1st for extended Karlsson? Fire away.

Absolutely not until Karlsson proves his current poor play is an anomaly and not the new norm thanks to his injury. Even if he returns to form, giving big UFA contracts to late-20s players not currently on your team seems to fail far more often than not in today's NHL, so I'd probably still rather keep Klingberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->