GDT: 2017-10-05 - SEASON OPENER - Nashville at Boston - Game 1

How optimistic are you for the 2017-18 season?

• Oh, is it hockey season already?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something completely different.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
Which was a terrible showing. I don't like to sugarcoat. I still try to be relatively realistic about the team. 1st game of the season with a new center on a crucial role.
Defensemen are rotated because of injuries etc.

I think we can safely say Irwin won't be on the top pairing next time out and Bonino just played his first game back from an injury with a new team. Good enough? No, but let's not be hasty.

Yes we had to score on the 6-3, 6-4, but they had to score on that 5-3 and when we pulled Rinne so early too so in the end that evens out - for my money our 5 on 4 PP let us down more than anything else.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Also Pittsburgh just lost their first two games and I doubt anyone thinks they are in trouble.
They're proven. We're not. 1 season with a SCF appearance does not warrant success in the long run.
I just saw that they're losing 8-1.
That hasn't happened in many years.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Agreed, it couldn't be much worse, Irwin was awful.

I appreciate what Irwin did last year when he was scoring goals when nobody else on our team could and I understand why they signed him during the season last year because we needed to have a D-man under contract so we would have one other than one of our top 4 to expose to Vegas but he should never, ever play more than 10-12 minutes a night unless a D-man goes out during a game and they're down to 5 or it's an OT playoff game or something.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Sure it was but to act like we are doomed is something else. " This team is marginal. "

It needs some work which isn't surprising. Bonino looked like he hasn't played. Our 3rd pairing guys who are playing up the line up look like it. Couple of new guys need to get acclimated on the forward lines.

It's not a great start but a season it does not make.
hey bud... Did you miss where I said our first line and 3 defense top pair defense are great. don't cherry pick man. miss me with that bullshit.

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
Believe it or not, but in the history of the NHL there actually have been some teams that lost their first game and actually went on to win the Stanley Cup. In fact there have also been teams that barely made the playoffs and actually went on to win their Conference Championships. Realistically it was not a great effort tonight, but it's a little too early to write off this team and certain players.

Reactions: hido

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Boston won the puck battles. They looked faster and were constantly the more dangerous team. They completely undressed our defense at times.
Agree with this completely.

We looked slow out there for most of the night. I just couldn't understand why bruins forwards were constantly getting behind our defensemen. The Boston fwds had virtually no resistance in getting to the net.

Also seemed like we are making one too many passes. We're passing up shots and looking for that extra pass.

Nice to see Forsberg get on the board. Hopefully he can start off well, or even just OK, instead of ice cold, and I think he could have a shot at 40.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
well you know pittsburgh will be tougher than they already were by getting absolutely EMBARRASSED tonight by the hawks .. 10-1 .. good lord that's just awful. we will be heavy underdogs saturday. if not for anything more than pekka isn't very good in the state of pennsylvania. penguins will come out with a purpose after tonight.

Reactions: Jonesey

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
If Irwin is a 2nd pairing D-man, I'm a professional hockey player.

Sidenote: I'm not a professional hockey player.
irwin is a 6th defenseman. same for weber and bitetto. weve been fooling ourselves for long enough with these guys. we saw their performances in the playoffs and we seen it tonight. it speaks for itself.

Reactions: Tex76
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad