GDT: 2017-10-05 - SEASON OPENER - Nashville at Boston - Game 1

How optimistic are you for the 2017-18 season?

• Oh, is it hockey season already?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something completely different.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSH615

Sponsor
Feb 13, 2013
This Preds team has taken a play straight out of Butch Jones’ playbook.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
let's be honest. pitiful performance. the whole team looked like crap. other than our first line and subban, ekholm, and josi.. this team is marginal at best.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Good effort though climbing back.
Did Mason just say that this game was back an forth??
This game was all Bruins from the start to the end..

Fluw

Oct 5, 2017
Toronto
Well although the team played quite poorly what I would like to say is thanks everyone for making my first GDT participation a good one I'd have to say I had a good experience and can't wait for the next game! Cheers it was nice chatting with all of you!

Reactions: Jonesey

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
let's be honest. pitiful performance. the whole team looked like crap. other than our first line and subban, ekholm, and josi.. this team is marginal at best.
Absolutely. We climbed back with a 6on3 powerplay and a 6on4 powerplay.
Those 2 should always result in a goal with a good power play.
This game didn't however show our full potential.
Hoping for Girard to make his debut on the road.

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
It's one game rofl
Which was a terrible showing. I don't like to sugarcoat. I still try to be relatively realistic about the team. 1st game of the season with a new center on a crucial role.
Defensemen are rotated because of injuries etc.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Positives:
-Rinne played well
-Good effort at the end
-Nice to see Fiala back on the ice

That's all I got.

Boston won the puck battles. They looked faster and were constantly the more dangerous team. They completely undressed our defense at times.

Really feels like we came into the game thinking: "We're Western Conference Champions. Shouldn't be much of a problem against this slow, first-round exit Boston team."

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Anybody who think it wont be choppy water for at least the first 20 games is being a bit of a pollyanna.

And we knew after last years playoffs that Irwin and Weber were huge liabilities. To expect either one to log first pair minutes and responsibility, especially on the road, is expecting too much

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Which was a terrible showing. I don't like to sugarcoat. I still try to be relatively realistic about the team. 1st game of the season with a new center on a crucial role.
Defensemen are rotated because of injuries etc.
Sure it was but to act like we are doomed is something else. " This team is marginal. "

It needs some work which isn't surprising. Bonino looked like he hasn't played. Our 3rd pairing guys who are playing up the line up look like it. Couple of new guys need to get acclimated on the forward lines.

It's not a great start but a season it does not make.

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Sure it was but to act like we are doomed is something else. " This team is marginal. "

It needs some work which isn't surprising. Bonino looked like he hasn't played. Our 3rd pairing guys who are playing up the line up look like it. Couple of new guys need to get acclimated on the forward lines.

It's not a great start but a season it does not make.
Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->