Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v9) Next: VS SF| Tues, May 10| 10pm ET/7pm PT | Happ vs Cain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Holy ****, Gibbons, why the **** are you bringing in Osuna when he's already pitched 2 days in a row in a 4 run game?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Holy ****, Gibbons, why the **** are you bringing in Osuna when he's already pitched 2 days in a row in a 4 run game?

because it's s save situation now lol. Love that stat.

Anyway if this guy gets on then you're leaving your best arm no leeway to get out of it if you wait until the tying run is up to put him in. it's not the worst move.

The ump should have rang the hitter up there, I mean it was right on the edge, good endough to end the game on since it might have been a strike anyway.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
infielders have to tag the bag, the 1 player where someone didn't and the call went that way was because our video guy was too stupid to notice so it stood.

That review was dumb, but not because missing the bag by a milli-inch(yes I just made that up) can be challenged but because there was no clear evidence he missed. I swear the SF video guy probably told Bochy to not challenge but Bochy was just like screw it and challenged anyway

I know the IFs are supposed to have to tag the bag. But Jays games aside, you see a ton of DPs still turned where the 2B takes the toss from short and rotates to throw to 1st and at no point in time does he touch the bag. But the ump gives him the out and the usual allowance by stupid broadcasters is that he was in the neighborhood, so it's cool.

My point was that if we're going to see challenges on dumb crap like Tulo maybe barely missing 3rd, Gibbons should throw the flag on every double play at 2nd because he'd probably have a decent success rate given how often the 2B never touches 2nd.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I know the IFs are supposed to have to tag the bag. But Jays games aside, you see a ton of DPs still turned where the 2B takes the toss from short and rotates to throw to 1st and at no point in time does he touch the bag. But the ump gives him the out and the usual allowance by stupid broadcasters is that he was in the neighborhood, so it's cool.

My point was that if we're going to see challenges on dumb crap like Tulo maybe barely missing 3rd, Gibbons should throw the flag on every double play at 2nd because he'd probably have a decent success rate given how often the 2B never touches 2nd.

well if that still happens and managers don't challenge it then that's their fault. If there's clear evidence of it and nobody challenges, blame the stupid managers/video guys not MLB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad